Water Quality

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Philip Winkler Philip Winkler is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Buttonwood
Posts: 155
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Water Quality

We just moved to Buttonwood; already we have calls from Ecowater System and LCRG Enterprise to speak to us about water quality.

Feedback would be appreciated--has anyone used these. Are water softeners needed in TV?
Thanks!
  #2  
Old 06-28-2011, 06:29 PM
KittyKat's Avatar
KittyKat KittyKat is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Village of Amelia then Tall Trees & now Sunset Pointe
Posts: 688
Thanks: 98
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Smile

We moved to the Village of Amelia 4 years ago and were besieged by salespeople. It's a long story but we ended up with a water softener from a new company that went out of business a few months later. People here will tell you that you don't need a water softener but we do notice a difference when I have forgotten to turn it back on after shutting it off to water the flowers(all the same water line, don't want salt water on the flowers): water tastes bad, hair doesn't shampoo well and my skin feels different. The only thing I hate about soft water is that when I wash my hands with soap it feels like you never get all the soap rinsed off even though it is. ECOWATER SYSTEMS has an ad in the Paper Net, one of those coupon/advertising magazines that come in the mail. I like it because the ad says they have been serving The Villages since 1980, not a "new" company like the one we bought from, has a Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval on a water softener & a drinking water system(probably the most expensive models) and they donate a % of every purchase to the WWll Veterans Honor Flight to Washington, D.C. I have not heard of the other company. I would definitely check both out with the Seniors vs Crime unit at the Sumter County Sheriff's Office at the corner of 466 & Morse. Good luck & welcome to The Villages!
__________________
Barbie
Angel of Mercy
  #3  
Old 06-28-2011, 07:51 PM
bluedog103's Avatar
bluedog103 bluedog103 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Villages, FL
Posts: 1,436
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Winkler View Post
We just moved to Buttonwood; already we have calls from Ecowater System and LCRG Enterprise to speak to us about water quality.

Feedback would be appreciated--has anyone used these. Are water softeners needed in TV?
Thanks!
I didn't care for the taste of the water so I had a whole house water filter installed for a little less than $100 total. That's for the filter unit and installation. I get replacement charcoal filter elements in Home Depot, 2 for about 12 bucks. The filter lasts for several months. The water tastes fine and I kept a lot of money in my wallet.
__________________
New York State, Alabama, South Carolina, Texas, Italy.
  #4  
Old 06-28-2011, 08:58 PM
buzzy buzzy is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,079
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
I didn't care for the taste of the water so I had a whole house water filter installed for a little less than $100 total. That's for the filter unit and installation. I get replacement charcoal filter elements in Home Depot, 2 for about 12 bucks. The filter lasts for several months. The water tastes fine and I kept a lot of money in my wallet.
Where did you install that kind of filter? Our water shutoff is on an outer wall of the garage.
  #5  
Old 06-29-2011, 09:31 AM
bluedog103's Avatar
bluedog103 bluedog103 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Villages, FL
Posts: 1,436
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
Where did you install that kind of filter? Our water shutoff is on an outer wall of the garage.
That's where the filter goes too. Same place as a water softener.
__________________
New York State, Alabama, South Carolina, Texas, Italy.
  #6  
Old 06-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Another 65er Another 65er is offline
Member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Village of Gilchrist
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
That's where the filter goes too. Same place as a water softener.
Who did the installation for you? I assume you were happy with their work.
  #7  
Old 06-29-2011, 10:29 AM
jaspal jaspal is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 216
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Where did you get your unit? I too hate the taste of the water. My bottled water would have paid for your $100 unit......
  #8  
Old 06-29-2011, 11:42 AM
D&Lsunfun D&Lsunfun is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 249
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

we also purchased a ecowater purifier, it wasn't so much the taste, as to what the water is doing to the pipes below the floor in the slab. down the road, we certainly don't want to dig up the flooring and slab to replace pipes. florida is number one with the worse water conditions.
everyone has an opinion, educate yourself and find the right system for your needs.
  #9  
Old 06-29-2011, 08:53 PM
angiefox10's Avatar
angiefox10 angiefox10 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,627
Thanks: 6
Thanked 39 Times in 17 Posts
Question

OK... so that being said... I think I read somewhere that you could get a water softener/purifier combination. If you have both, the the purifier cancel out the salt of the softener? If you get a purifier, does it cut the hardness? Where do you go to get these answers? I've googled and find it daunting!
  #10  
Old 06-29-2011, 08:57 PM
bluedog103's Avatar
bluedog103 bluedog103 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Villages, FL
Posts: 1,436
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another 65er View Post
Who did the installation for you? I assume you were happy with their work.
Another 64er I sent you a P.M.
__________________
New York State, Alabama, South Carolina, Texas, Italy.
  #11  
Old 06-29-2011, 08:58 PM
bluedog103's Avatar
bluedog103 bluedog103 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Villages, FL
Posts: 1,436
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspal View Post
Where did you get your unit? I too hate the taste of the water. My bottled water would have paid for your $100 unit......
Jaspal, I sent you a P.M.
__________________
New York State, Alabama, South Carolina, Texas, Italy.
  #12  
Old 06-29-2011, 09:01 PM
bluedog103's Avatar
bluedog103 bluedog103 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Villages, FL
Posts: 1,436
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&Lsunfun View Post
we also purchased a ecowater purifier, it wasn't so much the taste, as to what the water is doing to the pipes below the floor in the slab. down the road, we certainly don't want to dig up the flooring and slab to replace pipes. florida is number one with the worse water conditions.
everyone has an opinion, educate yourself and find the right system for your needs.
Excellent advice D&L. That's exactly what I did.
__________________
New York State, Alabama, South Carolina, Texas, Italy.
  #13  
Old 07-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Philip Winkler Philip Winkler is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Buttonwood
Posts: 155
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Who did you use to install this and where did you purchase it from.

Thanks!
  #14  
Old 07-02-2011, 05:26 AM
Philip Winkler Philip Winkler is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Buttonwood
Posts: 155
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
I didn't care for the taste of the water so I had a whole house water filter installed for a little less than $100 total. That's for the filter unit and installation. I get replacement charcoal filter elements in Home Depot, 2 for about 12 bucks. The filter lasts for several months. The water tastes fine and I kept a lot of money in my wallet.
Can you tell me who did the installation and the type of unit, Thanks Phil Winkler
  #15  
Old 07-03-2011, 01:51 PM
bluedog103's Avatar
bluedog103 bluedog103 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Villages, FL
Posts: 1,436
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Winkler View Post
Can you tell me who did the installation and the type of unit, Thanks Phil Winkler
Phil I sent you a P.M.
__________________
New York State, Alabama, South Carolina, Texas, Italy.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 AM.