Water Softener

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2008, 03:32 AM
Eternal Member
Default Water Softener

I am looking for a new water softener. The company I purchased mine from went out of business and the new provider only calls when the machine needs servicing. The softener is a potassium sulfate(?) softener which is supposed to have less salt in the water system. However, it seems that it is not all that great for foreign particles - the bowls get black so I need to use the toilet bowl cubes in the toilets and the aerators need replacing every 3 - 6 months. The reason the softener company gave was that the bacteria was removed so it caused the buildup. :dontknow:

The water is soft and feels silky to the skin (what we like) and it is very easy on the soap consumption.

What I would like to know is what other water softener companies would water softener users in the Villages recommend?

I do not want to hear from those that think the water in the Villages is okay as I WANT a water softener. I like the feel of the water and the savings on the soap products. Please do not reply to just to tell me that the water in the Villages is a-ok. ;D

Thanks.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Re: Water Softener

Z, Handie posted in another thread that he purchased his softener at Wal-Mart for $200, did you see that thread?
Old 01-18-2008, 03:50 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Water Softener

I think I read that but I quit being a DYI person a whlie back.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.