We Are not affiliated with the "Villages"

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2016, 12:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Tell us: why did you want Villages or Villagers in the name? Why did you start this thread?
Old 02-08-2016, 12:46 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

I picked the name because I wanted to transition from working all throughout central Florida to the villages exclusively. I honestly wasn't trying to attach myself to the villages by any means, just thought of it as a Professional service at the villages. I started the thread just to get an outsiders view looking in. Once again, thank you all for the input. You have given me a lot of food for thought!
Old 02-08-2016, 02:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
Tell us: why did you want Villages or Villagers in the name? Why did you start this thread?
Tell us: why did you want Villager in your name?

Why do some people on TOTV have "Love", "Happy", and other words in their name here?

To the OP, if you ever need a new CEO.... you now know where to look.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:02 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
I don't think the thread would have been started in the first place if it wasn't a concern. And 600th hit the nail on the head. Business owned by the villages are typically more expensive. From mortgage rates to golf carts. Some people don't like to waste money.
And some just like to bash and name call on a message board because they don't agree.
that's waht i said also (post #19)
Old 02-09-2016, 10:37 AM
Veteran member

This I can tell you from dealing in the construction business around The Villages.

If you have Villages in the name, most will assume that you or your company are part of The Villages or one of the main contractors they use.

Lots of people have the thought that if you are a main contractor or supplier to The Villages, that the price is jacked up and will cost a lot more if you had contacted a smaller Contractor. Has nothing to do with The Villages or the Morse's conducting business smartly or otherwise. It is just a fact.

The OP was simply just trying to clarify what they might have been told at the Garden Show. I would also think the same if I did not know better. No fault in stating the obvious.
This is just a simple thread, no need to blow it up.

Ease up Trigger, It will all be alright..
Old 02-09-2016, 11:25 AM

I believe that, yes, you are obviously affiliated or associated; however, you are not owned by The Villages, right?

I think it's wonderful to be affiliated with The Villages! What is sad is that SO many, and way too often, speak poorly of anything "The Villages" related, even though they enjoy so many of its perks, too! SMH!
Don't change who you or your business is, or even its name, to satisfy the naysayers!

This is my signature.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:03 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Thank You. I'm not going to change it. I really just wanted to let people know that we are independent contractors who do great work for fair prices. We give free estimates so you really can't loose by calling us!
Old 02-09-2016, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritterLover View Post
I believe that, yes, you are obviously affiliated or associated; however, you are not owned by The Villages, right?

I think it's wonderful to be affiliated with The Villages! What is sad is that SO many, and way too often, speak poorly of anything "The Villages" related, even though they enjoy so many of its perks, too! SMH!
Don't change who you or your business is, or even its name, to satisfy the naysayers!
Where did that come from? Isn't that what the OP is trying to clear up that he is not?
Old 02-09-2016, 05:07 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

I'm not owned by the villages for sure. I wil state one thing though, I do love the villages and it has been a joy working for the Villagers!!
Old 02-09-2016, 06:21 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Love that car!!!!
Old 02-09-2016, 06:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Home Pros View Post
Love that car!!!!
327 Fuelie
Old 02-09-2016, 06:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

It sure gets someone alot of mileage and exposure to not be affiliated with The Villages.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, yesterday, people, affiliated, home, support, business, villagers, professionals, named, wanted, lot, show, garden, part, clear, great

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.