We Are not affiliated with the "Villages"

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2016, 07:35 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

They are certainly doing something right. They have built a beautiful community!
Old 02-07-2016, 10:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
We would have had you quote on a re-model job, but honestly we were put off by the name of your company, so gave you a pass.
Why were you put off by the name of the company?
Old 02-07-2016, 11:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

13 hours and no answer from 600th Photo Sq. I would disregard their post....just stirring the pot I assume. Also, only 34 posts so they have a lot to experience and learn. Keep your name and your service at the level it seems to be.....you seem to be doing the right things.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-08-2016, 06:16 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Thanks again for the support. We appreciate it!
Old 02-08-2016, 06:48 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Villages Home Pro. First, your company name can be easily confused with being associated with The villages. Secondly it doesn't matter to me why you chose to utilize "villages" in your name but I can venture two possibilities.
Third, utilizing "villages"name can cut as much as it kicks. Fourth names matter whether its people or businesses one way or another.
Finally, in my humble view if it says "villages" my reaction is it is going to cost me more
Old 02-08-2016, 07:23 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Well, I've come to the conclusion that I can't please everyone with the business name I chose. What I can do is provide the customers who do choose our business with fair pricing and quality workmanship. My company name was simply chosen due to the fact I wanted to focus my market at the villages, not try to become The Villages.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:51 AM
Veteran member

Plain and simple. I figured it would have cost me more a lot more. I am not in the habit of wasting an individuals time. For example I had a quote that was double the amount from a contractor quoted for the job. Turns out talking with the individual that the company he represents happens to be one of the main contractors that the Villages relies on.

Look the guy asked for opinions I gave him mine. I did consider him along with 5 others, narrowed it down to 3 end of story. Some have questioned my reason why I was put off by the name. It is no different than trying a product or company because of a name. I stick with my original response, keep in mind that the owner did ask for opinions. Rather than offering an opinion without being asked. I am not going to carry on an endless debate on this rather trivial subject.

The End
Old 02-08-2016, 08:22 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

V H P.................I think your name was a great strategic move. Look at all the awareness and advertising you are receiving on ToTV.

Oh wait, there is a poster on ToTV (Talk of The VILLAGES) that doesn't think having "Villages" in a company name is wise and "strongly" encourages a change........Hmmmm.

Congrats!!
Old 02-08-2016, 09:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member

So why start this thread? My guess is for the same reason you put the word "villages" in your name. Won't keep me from using you. Just saying.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:23 AM
Veteran member

I don't think the thread would have been started in the first place if it wasn't a concern. And 600th hit the nail on the head. Business owned by the villages are typically more expensive. From mortgage rates to golf carts. Some people don't like to waste money.
And some just like to bash and name call on a message board because they don't agree.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Over the years I think I saw where the builder was trying to protect the name Villages used by various business.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
I don't think the thread would have been started in the first place if it wasn't a concern. And 600th hit the nail on the head. Business owned by the villages are typically more expensive. From mortgage rates to golf carts. Some people don't like to waste money.
And some just like to bash and name call on a message board because they don't agree.
Or the thread was started to get the name in lights. Bad press is better than no press at all.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

So, enough of the bashing............let it rest!
Old 02-08-2016, 11:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
Or the thread was started to get the name in lights. Bad press is better than no press at all.

Yeah, quite possible. I was giving the benefit of the doubt since they're paying advertisers here.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:59 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

I value everyone's opinions, thank you for posting. I really just wanted to see what my customer base had to say about the matter. I am Villages Home Professionals,LLC and I value everyone of your opinions, positive or negative. Thank You all!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, yesterday, people, affiliated, home, support, business, villagers, professionals, named, wanted, lot, show, garden, part, clear, great

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.