We will be moving in aug.

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Default We will be moving in aug.

WE sold our house and bought one in the Villages.We need some info, inside of house need complete paint job, anyone you people have used and is good could you give us a name and number,we need it done fast and good. Also need the carpet pulled out and hardwood floors put in whole house . any help would be great.
Sonny & Karen
Village of Chatham
PS we will need to hire some help to unload the big things from truck to house anyone know of anyone?

Last edited by sonny&karen; 07-17-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Default searching forums

I would suggest going to the top of this page and click on 'search' and put in Painting or flooring and click 'show posts' and search the forums until you get some other replies. There have been innumerable posts on these subjects. They are somewhat scattered throughout different forums. Don't forget to check the dates on the responses to get most current info.
- Irving Kristol
Old 07-17-2010, 07:32 PM
Default Need to buy some bedroom furniture

Can anyone give us some suggestions as to where to buy some decent, but inexpensive bedroom furniture in the area? We're not opposed to good condition used.
Thanks
Sonny and Karen
Old 07-17-2010, 08:13 PM
Gold member

Pat Lawless is the BEST painter ! He just finished a job for us and we were more than pleased. He's a Village resident, does great work, super neat, we can't say enough good things about him. His number is 352-391-5815.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Veteran member

Try bargains and treasures on Route 466 across the street from Super Walmart. Great buys on used furniture and house furnishings.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:58 PM
Sage

I really like Bargains and Treasures. Their inventory changes pretty fast. Southern Lifestyles also has some really good deals on furniture. You'd be surprised when you look through their furniture. Both deliver. Southern Lifestyles give TV residents a discount that pretty much equels your sales tax.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Location: Guys Mills, PA & Meadville, Pa, (most of life); Whidbey Island, WA; Hartsville, SC; The Villages

On the help, we used older teenagers, son and friend of an office worker here in The Villages. GREAT workers, can handle all, polite and good kids. Seem to be doing quite a bit of this type of work here in The Villages. Troy 352-874-8958
Old 07-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Wink

Bargains and Treasures on 466 is good for used furniture and also there is Neerle New Furniture on 441 which I find very good, I like this better. The quality is great and prices reasonably.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:10 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Arthur Martin for unloading and set up of furniture. He did two u-haul trucks for me and did a great job. Search link above on his name or moving should find his number. He charges $100 an hour for himself plus helper. But he unloaded a 17 foot u-haul packed to the max in less then two hours. Was very careful with everything, set up everything in the house, and was worth every $1 I paid him. Very professional, strong men, who know what they are doing.

Another really good resource for all kinds of help is the www.virginiatrace.com web site. Find the "good services" list and you will find painters, plumbers, and every other possible service you will need.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:15 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny&karen View Post
Can anyone give us some suggestions as to where to buy some decent, but inexpensive bedroom furniture in the area? We're not opposed to good condition used.
Thanks
Sonny and Karen
I have been shopping at two consignment shops which I like. One is Bargains and Treasures a which is on 466 in Wildwood, FL. right next to the Villages. The second is down near Leesburg. It is Furniture Emporium. It is n 441/27 and is about a 7 mile drive. I have found some really nice furniture there. They have bedroom furniture from $299 and up. There are several more consignment shops that I still need to scope out.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Sage

Just remember, you don't have to get everything done at once. Set some time aside each day to enjoy yourself.
Also we furnished 2 bedrooms very reasonably at ShowCase Direct. They also have a back room of clearance furniture. The salespeople are knowledgeable and not aggressive.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Veteran member
Default Painters

Just had my entire house done yesterday (in one day) by Investment Painting. You cannot go wrong with these guys. They did a beautiful job, crew was excellent, professional, polite. I am SO pleased with their work and they are reasonable in price. Highly recommend.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Default Furniture

Can highly recommend Southern Lifestyles - obviously not as cheap as used furniture but their service has been impeccable with quick delivery times and "loaners" in the meantime.

Six months after ordering from Kanes in Ocala we are still waiting for the stuff to arrive! A bit cheaper, maybe, but not worth the hassle.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermuda View Post
Can highly recommend Southern Lifestyles - obviously not as cheap as used furniture but their service has been impeccable with quick delivery times and "loaners" in the meantime.

Six months after ordering from Kanes in Ocala we are still waiting for the stuff to arrive! A bit cheaper, maybe, but not worth the hassle.
I agree about Southern Lifestyles being great. AND if you find a line or style of furniture that you like somewhere else they can meet the price or even better the price sometimes.

We found a Bassett...or the other B, I can't think right now...anyway a really pretty and well made bedroom set here in Cincinnati at a good price. Southern Lifestyles beat the price and had it to us in Hadley in a couple of weeks. AND they set it up.

Also Jennifer at SL is a wonderful design consultant.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.