What services or shops needed?

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire
Default What services or shops needed?

Hello. When you thing of it or are with friends sitting around, what services or shops do you think or talk about that are needed in/near The Villages? Such are make ahead meals, coordinator of services for home bound, shoes store, newsstand,dog walkers, poop scooper's, something to sell on the squares or anything else. Thanks for your input.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Default Re: What services or shops needed?

We need a large craft shop that sells yarn and cloth along with art supplies to cut down on trips to Ocala.

For restaurants I would also like to see another Panera and a regular Pizza Hut, not the express one.

A shuttle to Disney might be nice. Maybe there is one but I haven't heard about it.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

How about a Katy Bell's/Cattleman's type, for residents only some where South of 466???

How about bowling alleys south of 466....have you tried to get open bowling at the other two locations???

Just to name a couple......yes I do live south of 466 and yes I do frequent both the above.

I am not holding my breath however because both the above were part of the "lifestyle" concept of Mr. Schultz.....and those type conveniences to attract buyers do not carry the same priority with the current management.

I love to be proved wrong, hence remaining hopeful.

BTK
Old 01-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid
How about a Katy Bell's/Cattleman's type, for residents only some where South of 466???

How about bowling alleys south of 466....have you tried to get open bowling at the other two locations???

Just to name a couple......yes I do live south of 466 and yes I do frequent both the above.

I am not holding my breath however because both the above were part of the "lifestyle" concept of Mr. Schultz.....and those type conveniences to attract buyers do not carry the same priority with the current management.

BTK
My guess is that they will have a Kaite Belles and maybe a movie theater and other such things near 466a as that new square develops? Probably will not have all that stuff until 2009 or so.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:08 AM

I think that TV needs a big, commercial gym/health club, like Gold's Gym, Powerhouse, etc.
The Wellness Center seems to be mainly for rehab, therapy, etc, and the fitness centers are small, with limited equipment and no showers or lockers.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid

BTK
Bille?? Are you related to Skip??
BTW, I love Katie Belle's and have never been to Katy Bells
I thought it was the Schwartz family?? Did they sell out to the Shultz's??
Jus wonerin
Handie :joke:
Old 01-05-2008, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominick
I think that TV needs a big, commercial gym/health club, like Gold's Gym, Powerhouse, etc.
The Wellness Center seems to be mainly for rehab, therapy, etc, and the fitness centers are small, with limited equipment and no showers or lockers.
My vote too. A good gym is a must.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS G Send a message via MSN to DENNIS G

A golf cart and Auto Hobby Shop would be nice to have, including a paint booth and wash rack. I have put this in every survey since moving here.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:37 AM
Veteran member

Not yet in TV, so some of these may already be available and I just don't know it.

Bus shuttle to Walt Disney World would be top of my list, but I'd want it to leave for WDW in the AM and not depart for return home to TV until after the evening fireworks shows. (While it may be a long day for some, those who get tired can always lounge in one of the hotel lobby's while they await the return trip home.) It would be nice if there was a shuttle at least every other week and if it would rotate which of the four parks to use as drop-off/pick-up.

Wine bar w/jazz music. If I owned it, I'd put a cigar and tobacco kiosk and smokers enclosure/partitioned room inside, not because I partake, just because I think it would be a good business move.

A good independently owned bakery

Shoe repair

Craft store, which I see is coming soon. I would prefer Michael's to AC Moore (imho).

Targets

I agree with having another residents only restaurant/club nearer 466.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:43 AM
Sage

I would love to see Target become a SuperTarget. Had one near me at my old house and practically lived there. I liked it better than the Wal-Mart Super Center. Also a J.C. Penny, and Joanne's Creative (formerly Joanne's Fabric) I heard a Best Buy is coming and I love that, also Sam's Club. I would like to see a Cosco also. TV really has just about everything, but for me, a SuperTarget would really make it complete.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Eternal Member

There are three stores I'd love to see here. Trader Joe's ~ a great market, Bojangles ~ a really tasty fast food place with exceptional fried chicken and wonderful country ham biscuits (for a 040 see http://tinyurl.com/253evc ), and Boston Market to provide a good priced and good tasting balanced takeout meal.

I've sent emails to all three corporate HQs suggesting TV as a location. If enough people did that to a company, they might sit up and take notice. Or not?
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 01-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Veteran member

We need a large craft store here. I had to go into Ocala to Michael's yesterday because I need some yarn and other craft materials. With so many craft clubs in the villages a large craft store would do real well. Maybe if we start contacting some of these craft stores they will get the idea that we need them badly.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Veteran member

I'd like to see a model train shop, one specializing in O-gauge (Lionel), HO, and G. Is there a complete "hobby shop" here yet?
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 01-07-2008, 03:15 AM
Platinum member

We work out at Lifestyle Fitness which has clubs in Ohio and Florida. When we eventually move to TV would love to see one there.

We are putting our house on the market this spring.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:44 AM
Sage

A Wells Fargo or Washington Mutual Bank

A Charles Schwab Office

A Greyhound Bus Station

A Raiders Football Store & an A's Baseball Store

A Harley Dealer

A Kaiser Hospital

A better Chicago Italian Beef Sandwich Shop than Big City (and one that takes credit cards)

An Aurilio's Pizza Restaurant

A place that sells La Gunitas IPA Beer

More later

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.