Strip paint from driveway

Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2017, 10:06 AM
Platinum member
Default Strip paint from driveway

I want someone to grind the finish off my driveway. I want to have just plain concrete. Has anyone done that and if so who did it?

Thank you,
Old 05-26-2017, 12:15 PM

Edison ConCreations, Inc. 352-404-8775. Honest, fair prices and excellent work. He removed paint from our drive and refinished with H&C Color Coat, speckle and sealer .... looks fabulous!
Old 05-26-2017, 02:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,149 Times in 2,248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
I want someone to grind the finish off my driveway. I want to have just plain concrete. Has anyone done that and if so who did it?

Thank you,
You may not like the finish of concrete that has been ground down, it does not look like poured concrete. However, once it has been ground down you would have options for applying a new painted or stained finish. I am assuming that you have a painted finish now, and in many cases, these cannot be refinished, so grinding is the only option.
Hope this helps, and good luck with your project. I cannot advise on grinding as I have not used this type of service, however, I did have our driveway painted by 'Driveways by Jay' with excellent results, he was even able to match the pattern and colors around 2 years later when we expanded the driveway.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post

Thank you,
I have never had it done but I've seen it being done in TV's. You will not make friends with your neighbors that's for sure. It's a mess.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I have never had it done but I've seen it being done in TV's. You will not make friends with your neighbors that's for sure. It's a mess.
Can't be much worse than when they cut paver blocks and blocks for decorative walls. Growing pains. Pressure wash or hose it off.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Can't be much worse than when they cut paver blocks and blocks for decorative walls. Growing pains. Pressure wash or hose it off.
Same type of dust times 1000. Water helps no doubt but it's really bad. I was in the Concrete business for 30 plus years and never saw anything as terrible as a driveway being grinded on Boone in The Hysterical Side of TV. So you have concrete dust mixed with the paint coming off....not good...just be prepared. Whoever did the job stuck with it and the job came out great. Wish them luck if they decide to do it.
Closed Thread

Tags
driveway, grind, paint, finish, plain

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.