Window replacement recommendations?

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2022, 11:54 AM
Default Window replacement recommendations?

After a few brushes with hurricanes, we are considering replacing our windows with impact resistant/hurricane windows. I’ve gone through the prior posts and don’t see anything really recent, other than a few good words about Window World. Has anyone used Window World, New South Windows, or another company to do this? Thanks!
Old 10-12-2022, 06:05 AM

As a manufacturers rep in the exterior building products industry since 1993 I can try to help. How many windows are you looking to replace? What type of windows (aluminum, vinyl, or composite)? Are you comfortable talking with sales people or find them pushy?

I ask as these answers can help guide your comfort level when dealing with a manufacturer, dealer, or installer.

There are many options of window frames and glass units. I have previous worked for the following manufacturers:
  • Alside
  • Owens Corning
  • Certainteed
  • Great Lake Windows
  • Don Young Windows
  • Pella
  • Anderson

Take a few minutes and Google these manufacturers website which can provide tons of styles, options, and data points.
Old 10-12-2022, 07:29 PM
Default Window replacement

Try windows of central Florida, fair pricing, SYminton windows, excellent product, good people
Old 10-12-2022, 07:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I would go for wood frame windows that you can tilt in for cleaning. I would avoid metal frame windows.
Closed Thread

Tags
window, windows, world, recent, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.