Wood Floor Needs Repair

Closed Thread
Old 07-02-2021, 07:43 AM
Default Wood Floor Needs Repair

Just moved to the Villages and our front outside window sill caulking failed and water got in. It wasn't much but it was enough for a small section of my engineered wood flooring to absorb it and warp. It looked like it may have been leaking for a while but it was minor. I removed one plank and the floor looks ok. I removed all the old caulking and re-caulked the sill with GE Silicon caulking and so far, with all this rain we have been having the floor where i took out the plank is dry.

That said, can anyone recommend a good person to repair my wood floor? I have plenty of spare planks. BTW the floor is tung and groove and glued. Has anyone else had a similar problem with a house built in the Villages? My home was built in 2016.

Thanks.
Old 07-02-2021, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Jrref, you sound like you are reasonably handy. Since you have spare boards, I am assuming you know the manufacturer. Go to their website and download the installation instructions, as these typically have the recommended board replacement procedure. I just installed several rooms of Mohawk Luxury vinyl plank and they had the replacement procedure using double stick carpet tape. This was for a floating floor and may not be suitable for your glued floor.

Tags
floor, caulking, wood, plank, built

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.