X1 Wireless comcast box......yikes

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2018, 07:30 PM
Gold member
Default X1 Wireless comcast box......yikes

Have been trying since Monday, when our installation was done, to get the X1 wireless box working. Lots of frustration. Had it installed, lost signal that night, called the contract people with Comast, will call you tomorrow and come out they say, of course, no call and no one showed up. Called Comcast last night, we will be there SATURDAY! Husband removed the batteries from remote, reinstalled, viola it worked......until this morning when the picture froze. Contractor with Comcast comes over today, no notice, no call, but we were grateful (after I called again last night to say I want to speak to supervisor about lack of customer service). Says oops, need an order from Comcast to replace your X1 box, I do have them on the truck (can't give you one) appears this one is bad......so please call Comast Friday, 10am and they will help you with an order to get a replacement and we will "try" and come back tomorrow. I am still keeping the original appt with Comcast Saturday Anyone else have this great luck? If you are confused, welcome to my world.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,129 Times in 2,241 Posts

Believe it or not, we had the modem (prior to our X1) go bad. Tech came out, checked and determine bad modem, went to truck got a replacement, IT WAS BAD, got another one. Spent 30 or 45 minutes getting it setup. I happen to check the house phone, and no service. Second one was BAD, back to the truck, got the 3rd one, after another 30 to 45 minutes, we finally had a working system. I just upgraded to a NEW X1 modem with the self install feature, took less than 20 minutes, and worked first time, go figure......
Old 08-09-2018, 07:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,624 Times in 5,201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Believe it or not, we had the modem (prior to our X1) go bad. Tech came out, checked and determine bad modem, went to truck got a replacement, IT WAS BAD, got another one. Spent 30 or 45 minutes getting it setup. I happen to check the house phone, and no service. Second one was BAD, back to the truck, got the 3rd one, after another 30 to 45 minutes, we finally had a working system. I just upgraded to a NEW X1 modem with the self install feature, took less than 20 minutes, and worked first time, go figure......
This is an example why it is risky to purchase your own modem. The poster had a Comcast owned modem and got it fixed. If he had purchased his own modem, how long would it have taken to restore internet service?
Old 08-09-2018, 08:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
It worked for you because the Modem is afraid of your skills. The Modem didn’t want to end up with a Supercharged!
Old 08-10-2018, 06:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debfrommaine View Post
Have been trying since Monday, when our installation was done, to get the X1 wireless box working. Lots of frustration. Had it installed, lost signal that night, called the contract people with Comast, will call you tomorrow and come out they say, of course, no call and no one showed up. Called Comcast last night, we will be there SATURDAY! Husband removed the batteries from remote, reinstalled, viola it worked......until this morning when the picture froze. Contractor with Comcast comes over today, no notice, no call, but we were grateful (after I called again last night to say I want to speak to supervisor about lack of customer service). Says oops, need an order from Comcast to replace your X1 box, I do have them on the truck (can't give you one) appears this one is bad......so please call Comast Friday, 10am and they will help you with an order to get a replacement and we will "try" and come back tomorrow. I am still keeping the original appt with Comcast Saturday Anyone else have this great luck? If you are confused, welcome to my world.
I've not had that kind of luck, fortunately. My experience is vastly different from yours, in that I've had fantastic customer service from Xfinity. Hopefully you're issue is resolved soon, as I know how frustrating it can be. And just to clarify, I'm assuming, based on your description of the problem, is that the issue is with the DVR, or the box going to your tv, and NOT the modem? Either way, both items can be swapped, with very minimal effort, at Xfinity's new store on 441 near Starbucks (Rolling Acres and 441).
Old 08-10-2018, 07:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
This is an example why it is risky to purchase your own modem. The poster had a Comcast owned modem and got it fixed. If he had purchased his own modem, how long would it have taken to restore internet service?
Yes, a modem/router you buy could go bad right out of the box, but that would be very rare. I've been using my own modem/router (separate units) for many years, never had one go bad.

Of course the biggest reason to get your own is you save money each month. After about a year you've more than made up for the cost.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:46 PM
Gold member

Update: Comcast arrived yesterday and life is good again behind these villa walls!
Old 08-12-2018, 08:32 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
Yes, a modem/router you buy could go bad right out of the box, but that would be very rare. I've been using my own modem/router (separate units) for many years, never had one go bad.

Of course the biggest reason to get your own is you save money each month. After about a year you've more than made up for the cost.
Closed Thread

Tags
comcast, call, night, called, box

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.