XFinity

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2021, 12:39 PM
Default XFinity

Has anyone else had problems with xFinity and their billing practices?
We were told we would be informed if there was going to be a charge for a new hookup. Tech came, connected wires, and, left. Next bill...$100 charge. Try calling and get a former telemarketer on the line. They talk and don't listen. This chick must have been a parrot in a former life. All she does is constantly repeat herself. Changing to Spectrum. Poor customer service.
Old 11-05-2021, 12:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,118 Times in 2,237 Posts

I have had comcast out to the house 2 or 3 times, and never got a bill, so do you rent their equipment, if so I believe there is no charge, unless the problem was after their equipment. If on the other hand you have your own modem/router, then yes you will be billed. You might get some satisfaction if you go to the Xfinity store. BTW you will probably have the same or similar problems with Spectrum, and with NO contract watch your bills.
Old 11-05-2021, 12:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,188 Posts

Typically, whenever a technician comes to your house to hook something up, there will be a charge. For some things, they will provide a self install kit and there is no charge. It sounds like the person who set up the appointment made a mistake. But, I don't think switching to Spectrum will improve your service. It could get worse. Good luck.
Old 11-05-2021, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebollaros View Post
We were told we would be informed if there was going to be a charge for a new hookup. Tech came, connected wires, and, left. Next bill...$100 charge. Try calling and get a former telemarketer on the line. They talk and don't listen. This chick must have been a parrot in a former life. All she does is constantly repeat herself. Changing to Spectrum. Poor customer service.
“Chick”? Seriously?
Old 11-05-2021, 01:32 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,252 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebollaros View Post
I always have trouble with Xfinity's billing practices.
Old 11-05-2021, 02:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,644 Times in 1,515 Posts

I ditched comcast due to their billing. They tell you of a great deal they will give you and then pop a slew of taxes and fees on you. They do not tell you of the taxes and fees and there are a lot of them. I found 13 charges that they can hit you with, to add to your standard bill. On top of that, they would increase the monthly bill with no warning. I switched to Centrylink and have a lifetime guarantee standard price for my internet and I stream my TV, saving over a hundred bucks a month and get more shows. Not everyone can get Centrylink but that was my option for getting away from Comcast, and I snatched it up.
Old 11-05-2021, 02:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

3 years with Xfinity so far no problems. Initially we had the intro $25 per month internet, annual contract, worked well for ring camera and our 2 iPads and streaming YouTube TV. We bought our own modem. Guy came to instal it and put it in the wrong place and they promised to change the cable placement for free, but we changed the furniture so it’s ok. We have TVs everywhere in the house so I bought a booster and put it in the middle of the house. I am not sure it helped but we can get streaming with no buffering on every TV. This year Xfinity himmed and hawed and wanted to raise the price. After some conversation we are now paying $30 per month we are in a year contract. As snowflakes we are okay with their service.
Old 11-05-2021, 02:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,131 Times in 811 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdulej View Post
“Chick”? Seriously?
Yep, you heard right.
What part of "chick" don't you understand?
Old 11-05-2021, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
Yep, you heard right.
What part of "chick" don't you understand?
The disrespectful part, I’m guessing.
Old 11-05-2021, 04:18 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Good luck with Spectrum. Got rid of them and never going back. What is with all the recent new posters with complaints?
Old 11-05-2021, 05:46 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Love Spectrum.
Been with them for 10 years.
Couple times the cable was cut during construction.......quick response!!!
Used their "Vacation Mode" a few times and saved $$$$.
Old 11-05-2021, 06:05 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,176 Times in 757 Posts

Comcast service and business practices are terrible. Get a contract with them , and still they pass on rate increases.... when asked why, they say its a fee, and then an pass that along to you..... what good is a contract, when they can still raise the rates? But, if you cancel the contract early, they bill you for that too !
Old 11-05-2021, 11:41 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs down Awful Customer Service

I got billed for $100 service they said they wouldn't bill me for. After trying to get the issue resolved for hours, trying to talk to real people and explaining and reexplaining the issue they agreed to remove the $100. Since the technical issue wasn't resolved they had to send another tech out to fix the issue and I again got charged $100. Again hrs (or what seemed like hrs) on the phone I was able to get the $100 removed. Then my bill came and again the $100 showed up. I went through the same thing again and finally ( at least I think finally ) I had my bill corrected. They do everything in their power to make it difficult to get to a real person and then when you do, you have to explain the issue over and over again then they have to go back and listen to the previous phone recording before they resolve the issue. Frustration! Frustration!
Old 11-06-2021, 05:16 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES

PM me and I'll show you how to cut the cable.
Old 11-06-2021, 06:02 AM

If you have time, visit their retail location. I'm confident you'll resolve any issues in person.

Your tone can be taken as "dismissive" by stating "Tech came, connected wires, and, left"

I don't expect "free" service from any company that performs a service for me, and I'm sure you don't either.
Closed Thread

Tags
xfinity, charge, repeat, customer, telemarketer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.