Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
Dude
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 11-06-2021, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebollaros View Post
Has anyone else had problems with xFinity and their billing practices?
We were told we would be informed if there was going to be a charge for a new hookup. Tech came, connected wires, and, left. Next bill...$100 charge. Try calling and get a former telemarketer on the line. They talk and don't listen. This chick must have been a parrot in a former life. All she does is constantly repeat herself. Changing to Spectrum. Poor customer service.
Welcome to Xfinity - I signed a two year contract and they said no change in price for that period of time -- signed in December and in February the price went up - when I checked it out they said the service did not increase but the "additional fees" increased -- THEY SUCK but what are you going to do??
Old 11-06-2021, 09:57 AM
Platinum member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Centurylink fiber is great and set at a permanent price.
I've had Centurylink for almost 8 years and no surprises or problems.
And Direct TV also. It might go out during a bad storm, then my wife watches a show she recorded.
Old 11-06-2021, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Interesting. I thought that using "chick" was similar to my using "kiddo" as a form of flattery or familiarity, suggesting that the person is young. I have never considered the term "chick" as being demeaning in any way. I guess some folks are sensitive and we should know that permission to speak is always advisable.
my mother thought chick was demeaning and not to use it when I was a young teenager and I’m 82 I wince when I hear some adult saying it now, and calling someone in there teens or older including wait staff kiddo is also not flattering, I never liked it myself

Last edited by charlieo1126@gmail.com; 11-06-2021 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-06-2021, 10:30 AM
Platinum member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
If you don’t know the female personally, “chick” is a pejorative term, and believe me “dude” would not be the equivalent male term I would use.
I guess I'm not sensitive. You can call me dude, dud, guy, kiddo, hey you, sweetheart, sweetie, or whatever. Just rolls off my back.
Old 11-06-2021, 10:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,131 Times in 811 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
I guess I'm not sensitive. You can call me dude, dud, guy, kiddo, hey you, sweetheart, sweetie, or whatever. Just rolls off my back.
I was told by a millennial at Walmart one day after seeing her name tag, I politely call
her a "Kathy".

She went on to tell me : People now days don't like to be called by their first names
especially when you don't know me and it's insulting to us workers."
"We only wear these name tags because it's a policy of Walmart."

How's that for me acting politely in my senior years
Old 11-06-2021, 11:00 AM
Default Xfinity Workers

I do not enjoy Xfinity and their rate increases with no warning in spite of having a contract.

I know that I will be billed if someone comes to my home. I'm told to go to the shop, pick up the equipment and ask how to do it if I want it to be free, but kneeling, etc. is not something I will do so I pay someone to come.

I have a secret: Ask them to schedule an Xfinity worker and "not a contractor". The people directly employed by Xfinity are so much better than the contractors. When I did this, the guy who came was the best home worker I have ever met in my life. He is still "my hero" due to his work ethic. He did great work. (Bit off topic: He was a lot like Will Smith's character in "Pursuit of Happyness" if you saw that movie...if you did not, I thought it was really good an inspirational).
Old 11-06-2021, 11:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

It’s not about being sensitive, it’s about respect , I sent much of 40 years in the hot spots of the world , no matter whether they were common people, rich people , bar girls or whoever I always treated them with respect a lesson learned early in life from my mother and quite frankly one of the only lessons I practiced besides the one that we are all the same no matter what color, gender or religion
Old 11-06-2021, 11:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,131 Times in 811 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaelane View Post
t.

I'm told to go to the shop, pick up the equipment and ask how to do it if I want it to be free,
I don't understand how they can just hand over equipment at the store.

I had trouble with their controller once.
I called and the repair man and he told me next time just go to the store and they will give you a new controller.

What happens if the trouble isn't the controller
Old 11-06-2021, 12:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
I was told by a millennial at Walmart one day after seeing her name tag, I politely call
her a "Kathy".

She went on to tell me : People now days don't like to be called by their first names

It is all in the intent, when I tell my little anoles to scatter in my native language - they understand! Of course following up with Windex helps.
Old 11-06-2021, 12:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
her a "Kathy".

She should have been fired for being rude to a customer.

kathy
Old 11-06-2021, 12:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkjelenbaas View Post
Welcome to Xfinity - I signed a two year contract and they said no change in price for that period of time -- signed in December and in February the price went up - when I checked it out they said the service did not increase but the "additional fees" increased -- THEY SUCK but what are you going to do??
The standard Xfinity contract states that certain fees can increase during the 2 year agreement.
Old 11-06-2021, 12:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
She should have been fired for being rude to a customer.

kathy
Yup, reminds me of when I went shopping and in my retirement years - after years of being called “Doctor” (academic not medical), some service personnel calls me “Sweetie”. But then, I’m not about to correct them, maybe they call their mom,
“Sweetie” too.

What it comes down to, in my opinion, is respect. We, every one of us, needs respect. It costs so little to give and it is so much appreciated. In our home, even the cat and the dog gets respect.
Old 11-06-2021, 01:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,251 Times in 4,283 Posts

Quote:
her a "Kathy".

Sounds more like a "Karen"...

-Tom Petty
Old 11-06-2021, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,653 Times in 1,496 Posts
Default Funny!

Quote:
her a "Kathy".

I'm finding this whole "chick" sidetrack very entertaining. I, like others, grew up thinking certain words were simply like a nickname or alternative word. The meaning, good, bad, neutral, we're conveyed by infection. Any term can be conveyed as friendly or not with inflection. GENTLE-MEEEN! REALLY! Harrumph! Could have written "the WOMAN on the phone" (capitols to show emphasis on "woman) and it wouldn't have changed the meaning one bit without the inflection.
Reality is that some are overly sensitive and some are totally Insensitive. Overly sensitive can remove the drama by simply considering the source of the offending word. Totally insensitive have it harder because they are genuinely clueless.
Always remember and never these words of the great philosopher, Anonymous, "Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me".
Closed Thread

Tags
xfinity, charge, repeat, customer, telemarketer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.