Xfinity Customer Service

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2019, 06:11 PM
Default Xfinity Customer Service

Wasted hours trying to solve simple problem.

Still cannot sign in to account.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Not sure if it will help, but you might try going to the Xfinity store on 441, just south of Rolling Acres road, bring your recent bill, and ID.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:01 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

You can also take your problem to Seniors Vs Crime. Working through the Attorney General's Office in Tallahassee, they seem to be able to "jump" the Xfinity beaurancry and get to the right people. They are located at the Sumter County Sheriffs Office at Morse and CR 466.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:18 AM
Veteran member

I think Xfinity is great ... no problems
Old 07-11-2019, 05:30 AM

I have been an Xfinity customer for the three years we have lived in The Villages. Have had no problems with Xfinity. The one time I needed to go to customer service, I went to the office in Leesburg on 441. It is just off 441 south just before Babbette's Furniture store. Very little wait the two times I was there which includes the time I set up our service here.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:17 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Xfinity is great until you do have a problem. And at some point you will. Then they are the most difficult company in the world to deal with. It's almost impossible to get someone who understands your problem. You will get disconnected several times before you finally find someone who can resolve the problem. If you take any customer satisfaction survey and your first answer is bad, you will be kicked out someway. They will never accept any bad survey. It's the only way they can report the customer satisfaction results they claim. And you will wait forever on hold and you will be kicked off before your problem is fixed.

So to say it works great with no issues, means you have never had a problem. Because when you do (and you will) they are a complete and total failure.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:43 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
So to say it works great with no issues, means you have never had a problem. Because when you do (and you will) they are a complete and total failure.
Mobil or internet?
I had a problem with my phone just yesterday and took care of it within minutes with texts to support.
Steve
Old 07-11-2019, 07:07 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Xfinity is great until you do have a problem. And at some point you will. Then they are the most difficult company in the world to deal with. It's almost impossible to get someone who understands your problem. You will get disconnected several times before you finally find someone who can resolve the problem. If you take any customer satisfaction survey and your first answer is bad, you will be kicked out someway. They will never accept any bad survey. It's the only way they can report the customer satisfaction results they claim. And you will wait forever on hold and you will be kicked off before your problem is fixed.

Yes. I’ve had that happen with their surveys as well. I’ve also had them tell me what I want to hear, send a survey, but never fix or do what they agreed to do. They repeat what you say, are always polite, keep you on the phone a long time, and then...nothing. Extremely frustrating and employees take no ownership.
Anybody read Dave Barry’s Lessons from Lucy?
Old 07-11-2019, 07:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Not sure if it will help, but you might try going to the Xfinity store on 441, just south of Rolling Acres road, bring your recent bill, and ID.
If help is not provided on the phone. This is the way to go, talk to the staff there. They will fix your problem.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
I think Xfinity is great ... no problems

8 years minimal aggravation, not perfect,
extremely help full customer service
Old 07-11-2019, 08:21 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Mobil or internet?
I had a problem with my phone just yesterday and took care of it within minutes with texts to support.
Steve
I have internet, TV with HD and DVD and phone at our home and 2 rentals. So I have had to deal with them way to many times. I have just canceled them at one rental and will the other one as soon as I make sure what I moved to works better.

The issue I have at our personal home is that I have had Comcast for many years at several homes. I used their e-mail since the beginning. So I have 100's of web sites, passwords and contacts that use that e-mail. It would be a major effort to change. So I am kind of stuck with them. And that is why they can give poor service and keep raising the price. If you look at their subscriber base they continue to lose customers every year. So I am not the only one who thinks they provide poor service and high prices. They do have a good product.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:28 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
I have internet, TV with HD and DVD and phone at our home and 2 rentals. So I have had to deal with them way to many times. I have just canceled them at one rental and will the other one as soon as I make sure what I moved to works better.

The issue I have at our personal home is that I have had Comcast for many years at several homes. I used their e-mail since the beginning. So I have 100's of web sites, passwords and contacts that use that e-mail. It would be a major effort to change. So I am kind of stuck with them. And that is why they can give poor service and keep raising the price. If you look at their subscriber base they continue to lose customers every year. So I am not the only one who thinks they provide poor service and high prices. They do have a good product.
I have internet through them also for the past 10 months with no problems. We'll see when my contract's up what happens.
Steve
Old 07-11-2019, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
I have internet through them also for the past 10 months with no problems. We'll see when my contract's up what happens.
Steve
My contract just ended and I called up to cancel and let them talk me out of it. I had to listen to the entire sales pitch but it was worth it. $19.99 per month for another year for internet only. It's the Starter Setup with me supplying the Router.

Don't you know the first month the bill was wrong? I try to limit my contact with them because past history tells me they NEVER get anything 100% correct the first time around. They said they will fix it in the upcoming month??? We shall see.

The last time there was a Villages Outage it showed my house as directly in the middle of the outage. Fortunately, I was looking at it on my computer thru their service. It's just a Communication Company that Can't Communicate.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:01 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

Have had xfinity since January - tons better than Century Link or Direct TV
Old 07-11-2019, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Right now we have internet only in the Villages, the second-to-lowest option for MPS at $50/month. Once we're there full time we'll decide if we want to add TV, or keep the cord cut and use some kind of streaming stick/service.

In the north we've used Comcast for TV service for a couple of decades now. We originally had the local phone company's internet service, but then Frontier bought that service, and they totally, utterly, and completely ruined it for us. They had to drill a hole into the outside wall of our house to get a cable put in, and they still couldn't get it right. So we added on internet and home phone (non-mobile) to our Comcast in a triple-play bundle and things work a WHOLE lot better now.

Problem is, it's stupidly expensive, and we don't need most of the stuff we get for it. But if we downgrade on any of the three things that comes with the plan, we end up paying even more, because it becomes a la carte and not bundled.

Customer service is horrible but thankfully we rarely ever have problems. Comcast/Xfinity is consistently good with keeping things up and running. That's what we're paying the premium for. If we didn't care about that, we'd go with one of the cheaper options.
Closed Thread

Tags
problem, sign, account, simple, solve

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.