For you RVer's

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2019, 01:04 PM
Veteran member
Default For you RVer's

Learned today when going there that Alliance RV on Hwy44 is in the process of being purchased by Lazydays RV in Tampa. Lazydays is the largest in FL and been in business over 40 years.
Old 07-27-2019, 02:26 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,286 Times in 1,428 Posts

That's good, they'll have a better selection. We purchased our most recent MH at La mesa, very easy to deal with, very professional, and very competitive when compared to Alliance. LazyDays should do well here.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:16 PM
Veteran member

Good news! I’m looking to buy a new motorhome.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Seems like the RV business in FL is booming. And like trying to get things done in a booming environment sorta like here in TV. All contractors are so busy they lose sight of taking care of customers as we all would like...but they are just so darn busy it seems more difficult than it has to be.

My daughter has a new Freightliner based 41 foot RV less than 6 months old. Inverter has quit working. Dealer says it could be a month before they get a new inverter. Then the issue when to slot the vehicle in for repair. As a result we have had to cancel a long planned round trip journey Westward and back in the month of August.

Hopefully the new set up with the Tampa based buy out will bring with it more timely service.

Not having experience in the realm of RV maintenance/service/repair....it seems less than responsive.

We shall see.
Old 07-27-2019, 04:55 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,286 Times in 1,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Seems like the RV business in FL is booming. And like trying to get things done in a booming environment sorta like here in TV. All contractors are so busy they lose sight of taking care of customers as we all would like...but they are just so darn busy it seems more difficult than it has to be.

My daughter has a new Freightliner based 41 foot RV less than 6 months old. Inverter has quit working. Dealer says it could be a month before they get a new inverter. Then the issue when to slot the vehicle in for repair. As a result we have had to cancel a long planned round trip journey Westward and back in the month of August.

Hopefully the new set up with the Tampa based buy out will bring with it more timely service.

Not having experience in the realm of RV maintenance/service/repair....it seems less than responsive.

We shall see.
I have learned over the years, we have been running RV's since 1972, that if at all possible do the repairs yourself even if under warranty. We have downsized considerably to a Thor entry level Chateau Class C since we only use it now to go back north to visit on occasion, it has had two problems, one the shower was leaking behind the wall and the other the kitchen sink drain was leaking. I did not want to go back to Orlando so I called Thor and they sent me overnight everything I needed to do the repairs and followed up with me in a few day to see how everything went, all is well after a couple hours work, less time than driving to Orlando and back. Thor has a reputation of being a very low end manufacturer and they are indeed but their customer service department is much better than any I have dealt with in the past. In your daughters case I would call the manufacturer and see if they will sendl her the part directly and if so and if not mechanically inclined pay someone to put it in for her, it beats delaying a vacation and having to let it sit at a dealership for who knows how long. The last DP I purchased was from General RV, it was a Winnebago, I took it in with 12 problems, they told me it was ready to go after 3 weeks, when i picked it up not one of the 12 items were repaired so I never went back. Fortunately Winnebago also sent me all of the parts I needed to do the repairs myself. Most of the manufacturers will send you the parts as they then don't have to pay the dealers for repairs.
Old 07-27-2019, 06:06 PM
Default Beware

Lazy Days doesn't have the greatest of reputations.
Old 07-28-2019, 06:26 AM
Veteran member

Guess it depends on who is providing the info.. They would not be the largest in FL without doing something correct and also would not have been in business for over 40 years. Just providing info. Camping World has one of the worst reputations.
Old 07-28-2019, 08:23 AM
Veteran member

Several rumors that Camping World is close to filing bankruptcy. It’s all over the RV sites.
Old 07-28-2019, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Sized View Post
Several rumors that Camping World is close to filing bankruptcy. It’s all over the RV sites.
They haven't disclosed how much they paid, but buying the naming rights to the Citrus Bowl in Orlando in 2016 could have cost as much as $20 million a year. That's a lot of advertising money. Camping World Stadium.

The Villages Florida

Camping World Secures Naming Rights To Citrus Bowl; Camping World Stadium, Effective Immediately |
Old 07-28-2019, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

So I have been doing some research..Newbie at this Rv world..have been a tent and pop up camper my whole life.
I have been looking for a used class B with limited success.
For you life time RV travelers would one be better off buying a new use it a few years the sell it ?
Do they hold their value ?
Your experience ?
Old 07-28-2019, 01:47 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
So I have been doing some research..Newbie at this Rv world..have been a tent and pop up camper my whole life.
For you life time RV travelers would one be better off buying a new use it a few years the sell it ?
Your experience ?
I was a tent and pop up camper most of my life. As I am getting older, sleeping on the ground is more difficult. I bought a new to me Scamp 2014. It's a 13 foot pull behind trailer. It is perfect for me!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2019, 02:02 PM
Veteran member

There are lots of depreciation tables for RV's on the web. Here is one.

RV Depreciation Rates Per Year + Method To Calculate 2019

Basically about 18% in the first year, a bit less in the following ones, assuming you don't pay full list price for the new RV.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Your experience ?
Across from Brownwood is Alliance and on their website you can search all day and actually go see it in person in a few minutes. I was looking at Class A and C for under $100,000 and found several and with the photos, most look really nice.

Alliance Coach | Full Service RV Dealer - Wildwood, FL
Old 07-28-2019, 05:15 PM

We just had a fair amount of work done at Alliance on our Class A 40' diesel Monaco Knight. We were very pleased with the work and the price was fair. In the past we have been disappointed with Lazy Days service, so we hope we will continue to be pleased in the future. We store our RV right behind Alliance which is so convenient. We love to travel and hope to meet some RV friends in the Villages.
Closed Thread

Tags
lazydays, tampa, largest, purchased, years

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.