Conversation Between jebartle and ajbrown

Conversation Between jebartle and ajbrown
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. jebartle
    07-04-2012 10:18 AM
    jebartle
    Thanks ajbrown.....We ended up going with Battery Boys and 6-8's, wish we had your abilities to convert to 8-6's...thanks again
  2. ajbrown
    07-03-2012 06:26 AM
    ajbrown
    Hi,

I looked at them some time ago, but could not get past the cost versus flooded. If I recall, AGM (different than Gel) were the newest and most efficient, supposedly delivering more cycles (longer life). If I recall the cost was almost twice as much as flooded. I did not feel I would get enough gain in range or life span to offset that cost, and no maintenance was not a critical requirement for me. It was also not clear if I would need a new charger with one of these solutions. I do not want to pretend to be an expert and mis-lead you, my research was minimal.

If it were me, I would call the guys at Battery Boys and get their thoughts and pricing. I may also post in the general forum out of curiosity. In the end it come down to cost versus range versus life span versus convenience?

Wish I could provide more information.

Good luck,
    Alan
  3. jebartle
    07-02-2012 01:51 PM
    jebartle
    I know you are the guy to ask regarding batteries....We have a yesteryear cart and would like to get GEL Batteries because they require no maintenance....What are your thoughts on Gel as opposed to regular batteries
You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.