Conversation Between Goldwingnut and soonerforever

Conversation Between Goldwingnut and soonerforever
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Goldwingnut
    08-18-2020 05:12 AM
    Goldwingnut
    Florida is a very good market for Goldwings, not knowing the market where you live it's hard to say if you will get a better deal selling it in The Villages area. I also have an 08 Wing, and while Goldwings hold their value quite well, yours according to KBB is valued at about $9K. So the question becomes will you gain enough in moving it here to justify spending another $500 and the additional effort, there's also a risk of damage from shipping and the carrying costs to keep it insured. My gut tells me probably not. As painful as I know it will be, I would recommend selling it now, in the middle of riding season throughout the country, and start anew when you move to The Villages. A new golf cart will run you about $11-14K or more, depending on features and extras you add, a used cart about half this.

You're going to love it here in The Villages, a great place to retire and live.
  2. soonerforever
    08-17-2020 12:08 PM
    soonerforever
    We are in the process of moving to The Villages and I have a question maybe you can answer...by your forum name I gather you are a Goldwing rider...I am getting extremely close to not being able to ride any longer due to neuropathy in my hands...after talking with my mechanic, what I had expected to sell it for- I had planned on using the money on purchasing a golf cart...anyway what I wanted to ask is---do you think shipping my 08 GL1800 with nav and abs there to TV and trying to sell it there...I'm getting quotes of about $500 to ship it down....Thank You for your time.
You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.