2020 - 2021 Flu Season

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2021, 05:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
The flu viruses are NOT coronaviruses.
Yes, you are correct. I just Googled that and the flu is caused by influenza viruses, NOT coronaviruses. Thank you for that information.
Old 01-09-2021, 07:00 PM
Thanked 1,115 Times in 245 Posts
Default You might try a search engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeowner View Post
I haven't seen a report yet of anyone having the flu this year. Can anyone else point me to a report? If not, it is probably the first time in history that a flu vaccination AND those who chose not to take the vaccination have completely avoided the flu. Is it possible flu cases are being reported as COVID? Just asking.
Google
Duck Duck Go
Internet Explorer
Firefox
etc.
Old 01-09-2021, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I think most of the seasonal flu has been stopped by all the people who DO choose to wear masks, wash their hands, and social distance.

Even though they're doing it to reduce their risk of COVID-19, those same measures will reduce the risk of catching the flu.

Combine behavioral changes to reduce risk with the flu vaccine that anyone who WOULD get, should already have gotten by now, and you have a significantly reduced total of people with the flu.
That's the way it happened in Australia - the government and medical experts credited the much lower flu cases to mask-wearing and other CV preventative measures.
Old 01-10-2021, 06:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Who knows what to believe anymore? We have been lied to so much the past year. If this was a marriage I would want a divorce.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
If the cold is caused by a coronavirus, yes, it will trigger a positive test whether you have Covid-19 or not. Some of the annual flu bugs and colds that go around every year are Coronaviruses and those viruses can all trigger a positive test. This is what I have heard.
Absolutely. Coronavirus has been with us for years
Old 01-11-2021, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
You heard wrong. The testing for Covid 19 tests for specific antigens on that virus that do not occur on other Coronaviruses. As with any test there are some false positives and some false negatives but interference from other Coronaviruses is not a significant problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishakaye View Post
Absolutely. Coronavirus has been with us for years
I'm gonna go with blueash on this one. The virus test won't be fooled by infections from other coronaviruses; the antibody test may be. This is straight from the CDC website: "A positive test result shows you may have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. However, there is a chance that a positive result means you have antibodies from an infection with a different virus from the same family of viruses (called coronaviruses). Note: Other coronaviruses cannot produce a positive result on a viral test for SARS-CoV-2."

Test for Past Infection | CDC
Old 01-11-2021, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
That's the way it happened in Australia - the government and medical experts credited the much lower flu cases to mask-wearing and other CV preventative measures.
OR, that's the way they want you to believe it happened. I doubt they would have come out and state they've been coding seasonal flu as COVID all across the country. Who knows????
So, if the Australian authorities truly believe the holy mask virtually eliminated seasonal flu, are they going to mandate masks every year???????
Old 01-11-2021, 12:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
I have heard that any Coronavirus (doesn't have to be Covid-19) can trigger a positive Covid test. If Covid is going around still then so are other viruses.
The flu isn't a coronavirus. It's an influenza virus. That's why it's called a flu.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I thought they all were coronaviruses that cause the flu and common colds.
Patently and completely false, on every level.

"The flu" is actually several different iterations of an inFLUenza virus.

SARS-cov-2 is one SPECIFIC COronaVirus.

It's like saying all home exteriors will warp in extreme hot weather, because you're equating vinyl siding with adobe clay and coming out with "it's all exterior, therefore it's all the same".
Old 01-11-2021, 04:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Patently and completely false, on every level.

"The flu" is actually several different iterations of an inFLUenza virus.

SARS-cov-2 is one SPECIFIC COronaVirus.

It's like saying all home exteriors will warp in extreme hot weather, because you're equating vinyl siding with adobe clay and coming out with "it's all exterior, therefore it's all the same".
Please see my post #16 which clarifies what I thought was true about the flu virus. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2021, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
OR, that's the way they want you to believe it happened. I doubt they would have come out and state they've been coding seasonal flu as COVID all across the country. Who knows????
So, if the Australian authorities truly believe the holy mask virtually eliminated seasonal flu, are they going to mandate masks every year???????
Total COVID-19 cases in Australia today: 0. Total COVID-19 cases in the U.S. today, 236,000.

Total COVID-19 deaths in Australia for entire pandemic: 909. U.S.: 394,000.

All restaurants in Australia open at 100% indoor seating occupancy, full stadiums for athletic events. Economy full steam ahead.

But sure, let's mock Australia and wearing masks.
Old 01-14-2021, 03:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet2020 View Post
Total COVID-19 cases in Australia today: 0. Total COVID-19 cases in the U.S. today, 236,000.

Total COVID-19 deaths in Australia for entire pandemic: 909. U.S.: 394,000.

All restaurants in Australia open at 100% indoor seating occupancy, full stadiums for athletic events. Economy full steam ahead.

But sure, let's mock Australia and wearing masks.
Mask wearing should NEVER be mocked because masks DO work to slow the spread of the virus. Anti maskers need to get a clue.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:57 AM

For about 3-4 years now, first in Ohio and now in Florida, I've participated in a flu symptom gathering survey. (Here at Flu Near You.)You report any symptoms you have, they aggregate the data and report symptom distribution on a map. They send a survey twice a week by text message. You can go to their website and see how many are reporting flu-like symptoms in your area. Just checked the website and they report that symptoms are down .2% over last week. This info is just for the U.S.

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Closed Thread

Tags
flu, vaccination, report, chose, covid

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.