230 Felonies

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2020, 07:58 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
230 times charged! Either the legal systems charging him were mostly incompetent or our legal system failed 230 times. I am sure it will come out how many convictions he had but many were probably pleaded pleaded down to unburden the legal system. No matter what the excuse legal incompetence allowed 3 people to be killed.
Possibly not legal INcompetence but legal competence! I have a niece who works as a public defender in Denver. She spends her days either making deals that keep people out of prison or leave them with minimal sentences or going to court and trying hard to win, all for a salary that barely pays her law school bills. She doesn’t care if the people are guilty. She says her job is to get people off and the prosecuting attorney’s job is to lock people up. They are both necessary. But I couldn’t do what she does! She’s good at what she does and wins a lot of cases and sets free a lot of criminals. Alas.

While I haven’t seen any statistics on this, I’ll bet that most of the people arrested during the protests, riots, lootings, arson, and destruction of public property in the past couple months were freed without charge or fine, much less jail time. Why should they complain if cops also get off on brutality charges when they are also brutal and get off? I think essentially arrests of protestors are made just to get people off the streets for a few hours and perhaps dampen their spirits a little—or maybe give them something to brag about in thirty years when they run for public office.

Last edited by MandoMan; 07-24-2020 at 06:18 AM.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanst View Post
Sorry, but this guy, T. J. Wiggins, should be taking the celestial dirty nap right now. I can not think of a better reason than this to advocate for our 2nd Amendment rights and that we all need to be diligent with our personal security and safety.
How did TJ Wiggins get his gun? Presume it was not legal?
Old 07-23-2020, 08:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

I think our legal system is a little corrupt or they’re afraid of something if they do lock this person up. Seems just like what’s going on now with the protesting, they’re afraid it’ll come back on them if they make crime to tough! So it’s better to release someone than face the consequences on them. So your guess is as good as mine why they keep releasing this guy.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:29 AM
Gold member

I generally disapprove of the death penalty for a number of reasons. But there are some people and some crimes so heinous that they deserve it. If what the sheriff said about this perp are true, the death penalty is warranted without a doubt. He is a menace to society and if in prison for life, would be a menace to the prison population and staff.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:34 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutmama View Post
How did TJ Wiggins get his gun? Presume it was not legal?
The same way people get illegal drugs, through criminal organizations that supply the tools of the trade for the criminal element.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyb View Post
This is a huge problem in America today, there is no rehabilitation in the prison system and too many liberal laws that allow release of thugs. Sheriff Joe Arpaio (may he Rest In Peace) of Arizona, did it right, before he was sued and shut down. No one wanted to come back to his prison system. It’s why the violent protesters won’t stop, there are no consequences. Sad.
Sheriff Joe Arpaio is not dead.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyb View Post
This is a huge problem in America today, there is no rehabilitation in the prison system
They found out that you can't teach stupid new tricks....
Old 07-23-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
Sheriff Joe Arpaio is not dead.
No but he is a convicted felon, albeit a "pardoned" one.
Old 07-23-2020, 09:01 AM
Default One doesn't....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
230 times charged and this dirtbag still ends up on the outside and kills someone ...

It's an indictment of our feeble and flabby justice system which tends to be warped by misplaced compassion for the lawbreakers.

Agree that this case is outrageous. However, there are MANY things we don't know about this case:
1)Has the person been found unable to understand his own motives for the felonies? 2)Has the person been proven to be a mental defective?
3)Has it been the same judge who took him on in court every time?
4)How can we know, without being fully involved in this case, that it is due to MISPLACED COMPASSION that is the reason for his escaping the court's retribution on him? +++

Let's consider JUMPING ASTRONOMICALLY HIGH to conclusions that are, logically, unwarranted.

Let's talk about what kind of citizens we are to give SUMMARY JUDGEMENT on anybody--in a public forum, no less, that we don't even know, who seems to have been involved in far too many breakings of the law.

IMHO, jumping to conclusions is yet ANOTHER way of gossipping.
Old 07-23-2020, 09:03 AM
Default Ummmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by akerwin1909 View Post
The part that is worrisome is that there are likely thousands more like him! Out looking for a reason to hurt someone.
Why is it LIKELY (meaning more that way than not), that there are thousands more like him?
Old 07-23-2020, 09:10 AM
Default Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eg_cruz@comcast.net View Post
Maybe time for the “3 Strikes and your out” law in Fl
There are so many problems with the 3 strikes concept, that loads of people have fallen through the grate and been destroyed. Who said that 3 is the right number, and based on what evidence?

If we want to get anybody on 3 strikes, we are assuming two things: 1) We are much better than the convicted person....something like a perfect human being which, I'm sure, we have never, ever known. and 2) I find it unfortunate that we have to beat up number 3 with so much overuse. Seems to me like an easy number that humans appear to live comfortably with. Rushing to judgement? Well?
Old 07-23-2020, 09:42 AM
Default Hmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrocarrasco01@yahoo.com View Post
Remember that our Country population is about 6% of the World’s population. Also remember that we also have 75% of all the Lawyers in the WORLD, perhaps that is where the problem lies!!!!!!!!
Interesting. In Israel, there are 585 lawyers per 100,000 inhabitants; that's 170 people per lawyer. [Statista.com]. In the US, in 2019, there were 1,350,000 lawyers/attorneys. US population was around 328 million. in 2019 (an educated guess since there hadn't been a census in a while) there were 242 people per attorney.

The judiciary system is holding its breath, it seems, to listen for the bursting of that bubble and the numbers crash
Old 07-23-2020, 10:26 AM

Someone had to tell the police what happened. It sounded like the young brother was the informant, the main character wouldn't talk and his girl friend was acting badly towards the police so it had to be him as no one else was there to see what happened. The police knew in detail what had happened, so the young brother had to turn states witness.
Old 07-23-2020, 11:02 AM

When and only when the punishment fits the crime will we get folk like this off the streets....... Some say the death penalty is cruel. Think of the victims before you make that call. Nothing is more cruel than that.
Old 07-23-2020, 11:59 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Back in the late 70's I worked as a Military Police desk sergeant at Ft. Hood, TX. One of the MP's made an apprehension of an individual for committing armed robbery on the installation. A few days later I talked with the criminal investigator handing the case, he said they had identified him as the suspect in 7 other armed robberies and were still in the process of calling in victims from other cases to see if he was responsible for their robbery. 320 arrests are only the ones he was caught doing something illegal.
Closed Thread

Tags
convictions, previous, felony, attack, metal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.