25 new cases today 7/8/20

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2020, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Would like to know the most current death rates Does not seem like hospitals lately are flooded with patients and nobody is screaming for more ventilators
Old 07-08-2020, 11:00 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,549 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastDawg View Post
Testing positive is not a death warrant. Many "positives" show no symptoms; the majority of others have very mild symptoms.

It is the number of hospitalizations and deaths with which we should be concerned - an increase in either/both of those would be worrying.

Until then, follow the advice already given and, if you choose to do so, avoid contact with others.
Bingo. Those are the numbers that are hard to get.
I watch the hospital availability site. As of today, Sumter county has 347 hospital beds and 124 of them are available.

Last edited by shut the front door; 07-08-2020 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Would like to know the most current death rates Does not seem like hospitals lately are flooded with patients and nobody is screaming for more ventilators
Our grands who work in the news industry are both worried about us and I tell them that living here in The Villages is really hard to explain. This place attracted a lot of responsible and hard working folks who want to live a bit more, even those of us who are old-ER.

Here is todays data from Sumter County and Florida. They have been testing a lot.

covid19 in sumter county florida. - Bing
Old 07-08-2020, 12:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Our grands who work in the news industry are both worried about us and I tell them that living here in The Villages is really hard to explain. This place attracted a lot of responsible and hard working folks who want to live a bit more, even those of us who are old-ER.

Here is todays data from Sumter County and Florida. They have been testing a lot.

covid19 in sumter county florida. - Bing
Our kids and grandkids also worry about us but we just go out to go food shopping and to neighborhood pools and walks about neighborhood so we feel safe.

Thanks for info you sent but would be interesting to see the current death rate now there are some better treatments and the virus must not be as deadly right now.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:33 PM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Original thread specifies 25 new cases in TV - think maybe a majority of those 25 are in the dangerous age and conditions group?
Old 07-08-2020, 03:11 PM
Default Cannot confirm this data

ICU Beds is the number I watch right now; to see if I can determine what is/going to happen. Based on that I’l make future decision as needed. Right now - nothing needed. Happy on the ride for now...

Clickorlando.com has ICU figures although I cannot say if data is accurate. I just keep watching, tuning out a lot now proving not to know what’s really happening, to figure it out for myself. Without more real answers I can actually trust from a-n-y-o-n-e, and with a risk-factor myself, I’m staying in, and away, until “I“ figure it out For myself. Until then, I’m not really missing that much, not really. What I really miss - hugs. Stay safe, away from the spread If there is any folks
Old 07-08-2020, 04:06 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investment Painting Contractors View Post
Has anybody got better? The official count was 387per 50 mins ago. Leesburg reported 478 cases for Sumter. The morning news gave another number. Your number is 516, whichever one is right my question still stands. DOES ANYONE EVER GET BETTER? What is the number of active cases? We have a 5% positive rate which still is too many but it's a very low number.
They do not report the recovered stat. The number of positives, negatives, deaths, is a cumulative number since March 1st. One can safely assume that if you didn't die, you recovered. Example, of the 39,379 tests conducted in Lake County, only 2,087 tested positive, a 5.2% rate. Of those, 25 people died or 1.2%. Everybody else recovered. And the more testing, the lower that death rate will become. If you compare to the total population tested, the death rate is .06%
Old 07-08-2020, 05:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossLady View Post
ICU Beds is the number I watch right now; to see if I can determine what is/going to happen. Based on that I’l make future decision as needed. Right now - nothing needed. Happy on the ride for now...

Clickorlando.com has ICU figures although I cannot say if data is accurate. I just keep watching, tuning out a lot now proving not to know what’s really happening, to figure it out for myself. Without more real answers I can actually trust from a-n-y-o-n-e, and with a risk-factor myself, I’m staying in, and away, until “I“ figure it out For myself. Until then, I’m not really missing that much, not really. What I really miss - hugs. Stay safe, away from the spread If there is any folks

All I can say is WOW, just WOW

You don't trust Fauci, you don't trust Birx, you don't trust the CDC or the state health dept., all with a vast knowledge of epidemiology and virology. Instead, you are going to "figure it out for yourself".. Good luck with that, post again in 25 years and let us know how you are doing.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:21 PM
Veteran member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
Isn't it time for TV to cut back some activities? Also isn't it time for our "leaders" to say something other than we are doing great?
Just asking
Article is very misleading. For statistic purpose they consider All of Sumter county as "The Villages". I have wrote to them about it, but as usual they do not respond.

The True Village count is a mystery?????
Old 07-08-2020, 06:04 PM

Florida has a death rate of 18 per 100,000 people and states like New York and New Jersey have a death rates of 172 and 166 respectively. Stop listening to Fauci!
Old 07-08-2020, 06:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
And the more testing, the lower that death rate will become. .06%
Unless a lot more people die. The death rates from the latest "spike" won't be seen for a couple weeks. God willing it will remain low. What no one is talking about is the number of cases in FL (not as bad here in the bubble) have increased 10x over the worse part of the pandemic back in March/April.

Death rates have greatly improved as they learn more how to treat the virus however they are finding more and more "after recovery" issues like permanently damaged lungs and kidneys. I guess that is better than death but still .........

My biggest worry is those who are asymptomatic and are running around without masks. While they are practicing their right of "freedom from tyranny of mask wearing" they could get me or my wife sick, and no, I don't want to stay home because of those covidiots and ME wearing a mask won't help as much as Mr Asymptomatic running around without one covering his/her upper orifices. No one seems to understand the selfishness of that little inconvenience.
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:03 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
Article is very misleading. For statistic purpose they consider All of Sumter county as "The Villages". I have wrote to them about it, but as usual they do not respond.

The True Village count is a mystery?????
The count of COVID cases in The Villages, Sumter County for the last 7 days is: 117, 121, 125, 127, 133, 157, 180 (today 7/8). The Villages, Lake County for the last 7 days is: 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 11, 12.
This can be found on the Florida Health, Florida COVID-19 Response website. You have to drill down to find the specific city numbers.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:39 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Unless a lot more people die.
In the meantime, a lot more people will be tested so it could be a zero sum game.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investment Painting Contractors View Post
Has anybody got better? The official count was 387per 50 mins ago. Leesburg reported 478 cases for Sumter. The morning news gave another number. Your number is 516, whichever one is right my question still stands. DOES ANYONE EVER GET BETTER? What is the number of active cases? We have a 5% positive rate which still is too many but it's a very low number.
Yes people get better, some have no symptoms. Return to work, and continue to survive. I am in contact with more than a dozen who have tested +, and now have returned to the living.
You need to test negative twice, sometimes it took weeks to finally get 2 negatives.

One wonders if the multiple testing on one person is counting as one positive, or each time a person tests positive is counted as new case. Just a thought that probably no one has the answer, including me.

Before you freak out I left my family, and I Am NOT in Florida

Last edited by asianthree; 07-09-2020 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:43 PM
Sage

Lots of speculation no real answers, will be interesting to see how the new cases make out.
Closed Thread

Tags
time, leaders, great, activities, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.