All bars ordered to stop alcohol sales

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2020, 05:50 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
I'm confused. If I go out for dinner can I order a glass of chardonnay with my dinner or is that not allowed now because the drink comes from the bar? No Irish coffee for dessert?
BARS are not serving. Restaurants still are with dinner. Nothing much has changed. Its not a big deal unless you usually spend your day sitting on a bar stool gulping down beers all day. If you do, then you have bigger problems than the virus
Old 06-27-2020, 05:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Another correction to your post, "on site". They can sell to go if they choose to. Sales are not "banned".
Congregating with no social distancing is the culprit here. Too many people are denying the guidelines and it is not only the customers at fault but the establishments. When are they going to accept that we are all in the midst of a pandemic and certain behaviors are on hold for the time being.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Staying trapped inside of my house, looking at the 4 walls closing in on me is not the way that I want to spend my hard earned retirement. We'll be confined to assisted living/nursing homes before we know it, but I'm certainly not going to check myself in there prematurely.

Hoping/praying this Covid-19 stuff ends soon. The sooner the better.
You never had to ever be trapped inside your home. We are all urged to go outside and breath fresh air. Take a walk, ride a bike, exercise any way you like outside. Driveway parties are great way to socialize and still be able to maintain social distancing while enjoying a drink and snacks. Swimming or pool walking is also within the guidelines along with pool activities. No, you don't have to stay inside your home, looking at the four walls. Get out and enjoy life as it is now. It will get better.

Last edited by coffeebean; 06-27-2020 at 06:12 AM.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Seriously??? Wonder how anyone dying from the virus caught it?
Well, your erstwhile governor says a NYC study showed people getting COVID-19 infections were overwhelmingly those who were staying at home.

Cuomo: Most new NY coronavirus hospitalizations are from people who stayed home
Old 06-27-2020, 06:03 AM

\\\
Old 06-27-2020, 06:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Thank you for your service. But the difference is that you signed up to be on that ballistic sub and I am also assuming that you were paid to be there and have received retirement and other benefits for your service. I am also assuming that you committed yourself to doing that tough job in order to protect the freedom and security of our country. If you want to get a drink at a bar, you should be able to get a danged drink at the bar.

This business of forcing our businesses to close down shop and making law abiding citizens feel like heartless criminals for going to the gym or getting a haircut is ridiculous. All of this while rioters and looters run the street creating unchecked death and destruction. Honestly, I don't understand what is happening in this country, I just know that I do not have the energy nor the desire to deal with that stuff. I would love to find a nice oasis where I can play golf, go to the pool, play cards, take classes and go out for dinner/drinks/entertainment. I want to see smiles, not masks. Friends, not bullies.

I believe that the experts have stated that Covid-19 is far less deadly than originally feared. Why on earth are we still treating it like the plague? I guess I'm just over this whole thing and have been for awhile. It's really disappointing to see these restrictions coming back. I hate it.
Restrictions are coming back because there are too many people not adhering to the guidelines that have been set to handle this pandemic. Too many people are refusing to wear masks in public when social distancing is not guaranteed. If everyone took responsibility to slow the transmission of this virus, America would not be in the dire situation it is in now. Following the guidelines!
Old 06-27-2020, 06:14 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Looks like phase 2 just got shot in the butt. Fl has just order all bars to stop selling alcohol. That was short lived.

And I'm pointing a finger @ a local watering hole, places like City Fire LSL, shot themselves in both feet.

Had to blow it for $$
Went by City Fire last night and they still had people standing in groups
Old 06-27-2020, 06:19 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Yes, Florida closed all bars. Liquor can be sold still at restaurants. Broward County never opened their bars yet, so no big deal. I doubt the world will end if you cant go to a bar.
Yes the person who doesn’t own or work at one. Most bars are owned by a small business owner, call them up and tell them it no big deal......selfish minded people
Old 06-27-2020, 06:46 AM

they will be next
Old 06-27-2020, 06:55 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Consumption of alcohol is acceptable with meal but bars section is closed.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Big or small business if the bar, the ones that are part of a restaurant, are not enforcing the social distancing guideline then they live with the results of their non-compliance.

Could not be any more simple.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:23 AM

I was very concerned about the lack of social distancing at this very place last Tuesday. If we want to keep things open, and get our economy going, we need to act responsibly.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

They weren’t alone. About ten days ago the bar a Cane Garden was two deep all the way around, not a mask in sight. Back to the old normal. Villagers are too old to be immortal.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Truth or Fuction is an excellent site. Glad you caught the misinformation cut and paste quote.
The same cut/paste ended up on numerous threads, but even showing that it's a lie most likely won't change the opinion of those... who want to believe it.

Old 06-27-2020, 07:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

A less self-serving look at the statistics show that it’s pretty deadly to seniors, and it’s a horrible death. Those that do survive are almost certain to have debilitating permanent damage to lungs or other vital organs.

What’s the average age in The Villages?

Tags
bars, shot, stop, alcohol, blow

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.