Anthem Kneeling - and it continues - BASEBALL

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2020, 05:18 AM

don't watch the games.......da
Old 07-23-2020, 05:22 AM
Default United we stand

Some sports cannot be played if everyone doesn’t act as a team working together. The same goes with respecting our flag and the Pledge of Allegiance. There are many ways to conduct civil disobedience and protest. Disrespecting our flag is not one of them.
Old 07-23-2020, 05:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
If players on the teams I root for start kneeling will do two things
1. Write to the team and express my displeasure.
2. Make a list of all sponsors of the game and tell those sponsors will not be purchasing their product due to the disrespecting of our flag.

Hopefully a lot of people will do this and this will stop.
I no longer watch pro sports, Olympic soccer, ESPN, CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, ABC news, NBC news, CBS news. I can't watch Cops or Live PD thanks to the "woke" idiots. That's a ton of expensive advertising that my family never sees.
Old 07-23-2020, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
And...Here we go. Now MLB Baseball, and would expect it to grow thru the 'season'. Of course players from the NBA and probably NFL will join in.

Personally I'm a supporter of peaceful protests et al - but bringing it TO YOUR WORK/BUSINESS is out of bounds.

------------------------------------------

Cincinnati Reds players Joey Votto, Amir Garrett, Phillip Ervin and Alex Blandino knelt during the national anthem before Tuesday's exhibition game against the Detroit Tigers at Great American Ball Park.

The four players lined up together along the first-base line as other teammates stood beside them and showed their support. Mike Moustakas put his hand on Ervin's shoulder, Cody Reed put his hand on Garrett's shoulder and Sal Romano put his hand on Blandino's back.

Votto, Garrett, Ervin and Moustakas were among several Reds players who wore Black Lives Matter shirts during training camp.

San Francisco Giants manager Gabe Kapler plans to use his position to speak out against racial injustice and provide a voice for those who aren't heard.

Kapler and several of his players knelt during the national anthem before the Giants' 6-2 exhibition victory at the Oakland Athletics. Kapler shared his plans when he addressed the team earlier Monday, and he said all players would be supported by the Giants, no matter what they decided to do.
To the players:

Shut up, stand up and play ball. I don't care about your views and many others don't either. If you think your opinion matters you are misguided and woefully mistaken. I have a solution. Turn the boob tube off.
Old 07-23-2020, 05:39 AM

You have the right to do whatever you want at games - my right is not to watch it. Of course it's easy for me to say as I have not watched a baseball game in 10 years. Had enough of the nonsense years back.
Old 07-23-2020, 06:10 AM
Veteran member

It is more then just a knee. Ask a veteran.
Old 07-23-2020, 06:13 AM

I disposed of all Nike labeled clothing as soon as they embraced Kopernick.
Old 07-23-2020, 06:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,644 Times in 1,515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
So, you've never heard of Freedom of Speech? I believe it's the first thing they mention in that document we call the Constitution. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it wrong.
That's not Freedom of Speech.
Try shouting "FIRE!" in a movie theater and use Freedom of Speech as your defense. There is a time and place for "Speech" and this is not the time or place.

Tags
players, anthem, hand, giants, kapler

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.