Beers for everyone - on the House...

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2021, 12:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts
Default Beers for everyone - on the House...

If the United States reaches the President's vaccination goal by the Fourth of July, Anheuser-Busch will buy all adults a round of beer.

Sounds patriotic to me - I wonder how long before this thread gets locked, it's a positive thread, not a complaint or political, but I am betting it lasts about a day - LOL!

(BTW: I don't drink anything - anymore - and don't recommend any does, but I think it is nice to see a company pitching in and trying to help)
Old 06-03-2021, 04:52 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
If the United States reaches the President's vaccination goal by the Fourth of July, Anheuser-Busch will buy all adults a round of beer.

Sounds patriotic to me - I wonder how long before this thread gets locked, it's a positive thread, not a complaint or political, but I am betting it lasts about a day - LOL!

(BTW: I don't drink anything - anymore - and don't recommend any does, but I think it is nice to see a company pitching in and trying to help)
I will buy my own beer when I want one and it won’t be Budweiser
Old 06-03-2021, 05:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
I will buy my own beer when I want one and it won’t be Budweiser
Can't give that crap away
Old 06-03-2021, 06:16 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

Free beer if you already got your shots? Haha. More free stuff.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

So the assessment is....all it takes is to offer a free beer.

What does that indicate?!
Old 06-03-2021, 07:04 AM

Quote:

Well, kudos to A-B for trying to add a little incentive to help reach that vaccination goal! Do they make a decent porter or stout yet?
Old 06-03-2021, 07:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

I thought it sounded like just the right thing to do. Being that I am the daughter and granddaughter of brewmasters from Columbus, Ohio. And I do not drink anymore. I wasn't any good at it.

So, you are right, this forum can find anything to criticize, condemn or complain about and Dale Carnegie would be soiling his drawers.

It brings out the WORST in all of us sometimes. Yesterday, for the first time in my LIFE, I accused someone of using an ethnic slur on ME on this forum.

I will join the celebration if people meet this goal and have a non-alcoholic Yeungling.

This is nothing on this earth as good as a cold GERMAN beer on a hot day.
Old 06-03-2021, 07:30 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoguy View Post
Well, kudos to A-B for trying to add a little incentive to help reach that vaccination goal! Do they make a decent porter or stout yet?

No..............it's all skunk pee
Old 06-03-2021, 08:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

I never particularly liked A&B beers when I was drinking, but it's the gesture I appreciate. Corporate responsibility is so lacking today, any sign of it is refreshing.
Old 06-03-2021, 11:15 AM

Good for Busch.
Proving once and for all that people need to be frightened, coerced or bribed to get the covid replicant vaccine.
Old 06-03-2021, 03:10 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

I must admit that I was a bit surprised by AB offering the free beer. Anything to get us “over the hump” and get to herd immunity and things back to some sort of “normal” is welcome. Some States are offering a lottery for people to get vaccinated. Obviously most residents of The Villages are already vaccinated even if they are not a fan of shots and some did it “for the better good”. There are a few, like a person I know, can’t get the shot for medical reasons. Another person I know who got Covid, lives in another State, recovered got the shot anyway. Good for him...
Old 06-03-2021, 03:24 PM

According to The Villages Daily Sun only 55% of people over 55 in Sumter County have been vaccinated.
Appointments have not been necessary for a week or two now for all persons above the age of 12.
Apparently interest in vaccinations is on the wane.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,246 Times in 4,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishon View Post
According to The Villages Daily Sun only 55% of people over 55 in Sumter County have been vaccinated.
Appointments have not been necessary for a week or two now for all persons above the age of 12.
I wonder if they take into account the snowbirds, or part-time residents who may have been vaccinated elsewhere?...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-03-2021, 06:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishon View Post
According to this graph, 64.37% of people who live in Sumter County, Florida have had both shots. People who have had one shot is in the low seventies.

Sumter County, FL COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker | theadvertiser.com
Old 06-04-2021, 05:53 AM

1/3 of global beer market is AB/InBev a Belgian company.... they could put the vaccine in the beer - and solve the problem
Closed Thread

Tags
thread, long, locked, beers, positive

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.