ATL 'Defund Police' advocate car stolen, dragged.

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2021, 08:12 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default ATL 'Defund Police' advocate car stolen, dragged.

Talk about IRONIC. NEWS>

An Atlanta city councilman – who is aiming to be the city’s next mayor – had his car stolen by children in broad daylight Wednesday, according to reports.

Councilman Antonio Brown was attending a ribbon-cutting ceremony at an event in northeast Atlanta around noon when at least four kids jumped into his car and took off, FOX 5 of Atlanta reported.

The incident occurred amid a recent crime wave in the city. Brown, who joined the city’s mayoral race less than three weeks ago, is running on a campaign of “reimagining public safety,” the paper reported.

The councilman described the kids as being between ages 6 and 12, FOX 5 reported.

“One kid was in the driver’s seat. Ben attempted to open the door to get him out of the car. He fought with Ben. I then engaged and tried to get him out of the car. The three other kids were trying to figure out how to get in the car or stay out of the car. He started to hit on the gas,” Brown said.

Brown added that he held on to the car in an attempt to stop them and was dragged about a block down the road before letting go.

From me... Here's the maddening part

Brown doesn’t plan on filing charges against the kids, who he says acted out of desperation, Atlanta’s WSB-TV reported.

“This is a generational poverty issue. These kids, it’s 12:30 in the afternoon. Why aren’t they in school? Why aren’t we enforcing systems to e
nsure that if they are not in school, they’re in recreational centers?” he said.

...entire article (on many News platforms)>
Atlanta 'defund the police' backer has car stolen - by kids in broad daylight: reports - The Washington Time
Old 05-27-2021, 08:33 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

more insanity>

The city of St. Louis, with its rising crime rate, recently voted to defund its police department of millions of dollars and erase nearly 100 vacant officer positions. It is backed by their newly elected BLM congresswoman and mayor.

St. Louis Mayor Tishaura Jones (D) and Comptroller Darlene Green supported the plan and Board of Aldermen President Lewis Reed opposed the proposal. The plan moves $4 million out of the police department’s $171 million budget to go toward affordable housing, homeless services, a victims’ support program and civil rights litigators,” the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported. “The police budget accounts for about 15% of total city spending.”

“Today’s decision to defund the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department is historic,” Bush said in a statement. “We are building a St. Louis where elected officials lead in partnership with activists, organizers, and our communities.”

If you’re a resident, you’re not even allowed to arm up to protect yourself. Remember the McCloskeys! Yet, the BLM mayor just doubled her security.

St. Louis voted to defund the police, replace them with unarmed social workers
Old 05-27-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Talk about IRONIC. NEWS>

An Atlanta city councilman – who is aiming to be the city’s next mayor – had his car stolen by children in broad daylight Wednesday, according to reports.

Councilman Antonio Brown was attending a ribbon-cutting ceremony at an event in northeast Atlanta around noon when at least four kids jumped into his car and took off, FOX 5 of Atlanta reported.

The incident occurred amid a recent crime wave in the city. Brown, who joined the city’s mayoral race less than three weeks ago, is running on a campaign of “reimagining public safety,” the paper reported.

The councilman described the kids as being between ages 6 and 12, FOX 5 reported.

“One kid was in the driver’s seat. Ben attempted to open the door to get him out of the car. He fought with Ben. I then engaged and tried to get him out of the car. The three other kids were trying to figure out how to get in the car or stay out of the car. He started to hit on the gas,” Brown said.

Brown added that he held on to the car in an attempt to stop them and was dragged about a block down the road before letting go.

Brown doesn’t plan on filing charges against the kids, who he says acted out of desperation, Atlanta’s WSB-TV reported.

“This is a generational poverty issue. These kids, it’s 12:30 in the afternoon. Why aren’t they in school? Why aren’t we enforcing systems to e
nsure that if they are not in school, they’re in recreational centers?” he said.

Atlanta 'defund the police' backer has car stolen - by kids in broad daylight: reports - The Washington Time
A fool by any other name is still a fool. Cue Antonio Brown.
“When you realize that to produce, you must obtain the permission from those who do not produce anything; When it is proven that the money flows to those who trade not with goods, but with favors; When you realize that many get rich by bribery and influence rather than by work. When you realize that corruption is rewarded and honesty becomes self-sacrifice; Then you can say, without fear of making mistakes, your society is doomed.”

Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged,1957.
Old 05-27-2021, 10:12 AM

A grouping of clowns always kinda creeped me out. And there's no exception of them noted here.
Old 05-27-2021, 10:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

Wonder what they would have to do to him before he would press charges?
Old 05-27-2021, 01:45 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Sorry his car got stolen. NOT
Old 05-28-2021, 04:47 AM

Cities that fund police have crimes. The U.S. of A. has massive gun violence. But, as long as your happy complaining about a teenage car theft everything is ok.
Old 05-28-2021, 04:55 AM
Veteran member

6 years old??? are you kidding me?
Old 05-28-2021, 05:35 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Talk about IRONIC. NEWS>

That is awesome. Maybe he planned/staged it. Publicity while in a mayoral race. No pub is bad pub? Also I am really glad I don’t live in Atlanta anymore !
Old 05-28-2021, 05:38 AM

Couldn’t happen to a more deserving guy.

How do folks in Atlanta and Chicago know when there is a “crime wave” or a “shooting spree”? They don’t!
Old 05-28-2021, 05:43 AM
Platinum member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingal View Post
Musta been one kid steering and one on the floor pushing gas.
Old 05-28-2021, 06:08 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingal View Post
Yeah, right?? Soundsfishy to me
Old 05-28-2021, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Talk about IRONIC. NEWS>

The lunatics are running the asylum.
Old 05-28-2021, 06:22 AM

If he wants to run for Mayor by not pressing charges it will come across pretty good to a certain segment of voters.
Old 05-28-2021, 06:26 AM
Sage

When the riots first broke out in Minnesota, a family member stated "they're just frustrated!" Burning, looting, destroying 5 miles of property is what happened along with the death we're sick of hearing about. The "leadership" there also wants to defund the police and the crime has gone up exponentially.
Closed Thread

Tags
car, brown, kids, reported, atlanta

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.