Baby Formula Shortage Resolved

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2022, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
How about if they release the massive amount they bought up and have stored for immigrants and maybe let the immigrants scramble for baby formula rather than citizens?
You are watching too much of a certain cable channel.
Old 05-14-2022, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapX View Post
Government triggered the problem. Incompetent for not realizing the effects for their own actions. Time for action was weeks ago.

President was referenced in the OP post. Nice to see they are working on the problem they created. Their advice is to search for formula. Seriously? That's kind of stupid advice, of course that is what people will do.
Reality is that you cannot find any, anywhere.
Next are dire warnings about not trying to stretch what you have. You have NONE. Where is advice for a usable workaround? What should someone do with no product and a hungry baby? What is a safe and obtainable replacement? Maybe not perfect, but better than nothing.
Sad that this went on as long as it did. When a factory with most of the manufacturing capacity is closed for months what else would you expect.
Old 05-14-2022, 08:10 AM

This post sounds a bit political to me. To little old me who received "points" for simply calling the high price of gas our leader's gas.

Why bother mentioning this fact sheet in Talk of the Villages when no one living here legally is in need of using baby formula???
Old 05-14-2022, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,623 Times in 5,201 Posts

I hope there is never an anchovy pizza and Miller Lite beer shortage.

I'll have to change my formula.
Old 05-14-2022, 11:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
How about if they release the massive amount they bought up and have stored for immigrants and maybe let the immigrants scramble for baby formula rather than citizens?
The faux outrage over feeding infants is depressing. I don't have numbers or the inclination to try to get them. There are at most a few thousand formula feeding infants in border facilities.

There are almost four million infants born yearly in the US. A few thousand more mouths is NOT causing a shortage of formula. Not feeding those infants will have zero effect on the availability of formula in your local supermarket. The mothers of those infants do not have the option to shop around, ask for samples, order from Amazon, or make their own formula as they are in custody.

If you care, which many of you don't, federal law followed by both the administration and the previous one, to the letter, requires, not optional, but requires that border detention facilities have infant formula on hand. So the government has formula there... as the LAW REQUIRES.

This is ugly commentary by people with an ugly agenda. This is not about immigrants who are living in the community and facing the same shortages as good old white natural born Americans. This is about people in the custody AKA jail, by the US government. You feed those people, you keep them warm when it is cold, and cool enough to prevent heat illness when it is hot. You have fresh water, toilets, etc. That is what a civilized society does not just for adults but for INFANTS.

Having formula available for everyone is important but that one side is screaming about how dare we feed infants in our jails when others have a struggle is cruel, absolutely cruel and part of a bigger plan to demonize and other them. Don't feed the infants but surely feed the hate.

PolitiFact | Providing baby formula for babies held at the border is a legal requirement
Old 05-14-2022, 11:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I never hoarded anything, including toilet paper, while others felt the need to do so.

I will get as many of the brands as both of our new additions to the family need. I really don't care what anybody thinks. I would help someone else I knew if needed. Not being a pinhead. I am going to look out for the Grandchildren first.
Old 05-14-2022, 12:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
The faux outrage over feeding infants is depressing. I don't have numbers or the inclination to try to get them. There are at most a few thousand formula feeding infants in border facilities.

There are almost four million infants born yearly in the US. A few thousand more mouths is NOT causing a shortage of formula. Not feeding those infants will have zero effect on the availability of formula in your local supermarket. The mothers of those infants do not have the option to shop around, ask for samples, order from Amazon, or make their own formula as they are in custody.

If you care, which many of you don't, federal law followed by both the administration and the previous one, to the letter, requires, not optional, but requires that border detention facilities have infant formula on hand. So the government has formula there... as the LAW REQUIRES.

This is ugly commentary by people with an ugly agenda. This is not about immigrants who are living in the community and facing the same shortages as good old white natural born Americans. This is about people in the custody AKA jail, by the US government. You feed those people, you keep them warm when it is cold, and cool enough to prevent heat illness when it is hot. You have fresh water, toilets, etc. That is what a civilized society does not just for adults but for INFANTS.

Having formula available for everyone is important but that one side is screaming about how dare we feed infants in our jails when others have a struggle is cruel, absolutely cruel and part of a bigger plan to demonize and other them. Don't feed the infants but surely feed the hate.

PolitiFact | Providing baby formula for babies held at the border is a legal requirement
The fact that the FDA kept a major facility closed that long was the cause of the problem. Apparently many people had problems feeding their kids and if so people here legally should come first.
Old 05-14-2022, 12:54 PM

It will be resolved when it's no longer sent to the border
Old 05-14-2022, 01:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post

The problem of feeding the children/infants may be moot, the problem of illegal entry is not , on the other hand legale immigration to this country is a great asset
Old 05-14-2022, 02:23 PM
Veteran member

"...resolved one day after the government found that there was a problem. " ?
Is this a political ad? Seems disingenuous. The shortage has been in the news for weeks. Due to political pressure and bad press, the issue may finally be getting attention, but it's not yet "resolved.".
Closed Thread

Tags
formula, icon, exit, disclaimer, infant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.