The Big Con

Closed Thread
Old 06-13-2020, 04:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down The Big Con

I will retract any of this if just one person can show me just one solid and useable suggestion or idea that has been brought forward from our social leaders, the churches, law enforcements, political leaders, community activists, etc.etc. What
we have seen are meaningless slogans, labels, pontifications, etc etc. Does this sound familiar, "we need reform, we need to defund police, we need to take action, we need to recognize the errors of the past, and so many etc.'s it's not worth writing them down. There is a reason for this. It is too complicated a problem and so broad, the screamers for change, actions, etc are just not smart enough to try to provide concrete plans. All they know is how to generate riots, discontent, protests etc and pretend to help control them with "LABELS". Where do you start with the complications that brought theses terrible problem(s) to our door. This is not a one
plan or solution fits all. A detailed plan has to be brought forwards that addresses
the years of neglect of the plight of the black person, the years of raising children with the psychology that they are entitled, the build up of crime in the housing projects because of the failure to have a solid 2 parent family, the schooling system
both k-12 and College and Universities who have neglected to participate in the
need to assist to correct past abuses, a long range plan that can be applied to ensure
the action plans continue to be promoted. These are just a smattering of the need
for detail plans to disrupt the on going black issues. It is a disgrace that we have not
seen a single detailed plan to go after the many issues to solve the complicated needs of this community of people. I am personally sick of the label's and want to see the details behind the meaningless labels.
Old 06-13-2020, 04:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

The "solid 2-parent family" is a really stupid insertion. There are 2-parent families with unwanted kids in them. There are 2-parent families where one of the parents abuses their spouse. Others where one parent abuses the kid(s). There are 2-parent families that have no love within the home. There are 2-parent families where the parents are criminals. There are 2-parent families...etc. etc. etc.

Single parents have it harder - in general. But when you get down to specifics, you'll find there are kids who are raised with just one parent who grow up to be amazing adults, and there are kids who are raised with two parents who grow up to be monsters.

Just take that out of the equation. It is a disservice to single parents, and a disservice to kids of malfunctioning two-parent households.
Old 06-13-2020, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I will retract any of this if just one person can show me just one solid and useable suggestion or idea that has been brought forward from our social leaders, the churches, law enforcements, political leaders, community activists, etc.etc. What
we have seen are meaningless slogans, labels, pontifications, etc etc. Does this sound familiar, "we need reform, we need to defund police, we need to take action, we need to recognize the errors of the past, and so many etc.'s it's not worth writing them down. There is a reason for this. It is too complicated a problem and so broad, the screamers for change, actions, etc are just not smart enough to try to provide concrete plans. All they know is how to generate riots, discontent, protests etc and pretend to help control them with "LABELS". Where do you start with the complications that brought theses terrible problem(s) to our door. This is not a one
plan or solution fits all. A detailed plan has to be brought forwards that addresses
the years of neglect of the plight of the black person, the years of raising children with the psychology that they are entitled, the build up of crime in the housing projects because of the failure to have a solid 2 parent family, the schooling system
need to assist to correct past abuses, a long range plan that can be applied to ensure
the action plans continue to be promoted. These are just a smattering of the need
for detail plans to disrupt the on going black issues. It is a disgrace that we have not
seen a single detailed plan to go after the many issues to solve the complicated needs of this community of people. I am personally sick of the label's and want to see the details behind the meaningless labels.
If you have been reading this forum, and paying attention to the news of the day, then you know what the Big Con is.

This was bad when I recall being involved...now it's impossible, and promises to simply get worse. Each side of the issue have promised violence in the streets in November. It has been galvanized and the world watches as we wait for somebody, anybody to step up and at least try.

Seeing posts today with folks not even knowing about the various groups involved in the stress. And nobody is even trying.

When you hear foreign governments who are watching express sadness for what has been wrought (and by the way, was and is the ultimate goal of some, both inside and outside our borders, and they are not even shy about saying it now and listen to their words about the USA, you get the dRk picture.

We had cracks in our society. They are now huge, and again....the only words are promises of more grief for the future and again, nobody even try's to heal.
Old 06-13-2020, 05:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

In celebration of this years class at our Military Academy....this is the motto for the academy...

A Cadet will not lie, cheat or steal, nor tolerate those who do."

Should everyone TRY to live to this standard, there is NO con
Old 06-13-2020, 05:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The "solid 2-parent family" is a really stupid insertion. There are 2-parent families with unwanted kids in them. There are 2-parent families where one of the parents abuses their spouse. Others where one parent abuses the kid(s). There are 2-parent families that have no love within the home. There are 2-parent families where the parents are criminals. There are 2-parent families...etc. etc. etc.

Single parents have it harder - in general. But when you get down to specifics, you'll find there are kids who are raised with just one parent who grow up to be amazing adults, and there are kids who are raised with two parents who grow up to be monsters.

Just take that out of the equation. It is a disservice to single parents, and a disservice to kids of malfunctioning two-parent households.
I’m not trying to stir the pot but it’s just a statistical fact. Of course there are kids that thrive in single parent households and kids that fail miserably in 2-parent families. But statistically 2-parent households have a big advantage.
Old 06-13-2020, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Beef View Post
I’m not trying to stir the pot but it’s just a statistical fact. Of course there are kids that thrive in single parent households and kids that fail miserably in 2-parent families. But statistically 2-parent households have a big advantage.
You are totally correct. Some people will disagree just to disagree.
Old 06-13-2020, 06:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,689 Times in 5,235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Zaikov View Post
You are totally correct. Some people will disagree just to disagree.
I agree. Another "fact" that you don't hear much about is that 75 percent of African American children are raised by an unwed single parent.
Old 06-13-2020, 07:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I watch very little news these days because it's all negative and much is absurd. But the local Orlando news came on tonight after the golf tournament and stayed tuned for a short while. I see there are still demonstrations going on in Orlando and I assume other cities as well. What I couldn't figure out is what these people want? There were a lot of Black Lives Matter signs and some saying No Justice, No Peace.
I agree. Black lives matter. Now what. But the ones that really confuse me are the ones calling for justice. The cop that killed the guy in Minneapolis along with several of his fellow officers are in jail awaiting trial. What else would they like to see happen in that case.
The have arrested the perpetrator, charged him with a crime and will be
bringing him the trial. That is justice.
All of these calls for defunding police departments is nonsense. Politicians that who are agreeing with it are simply pandering for votes. It will never happen.
So I'm asking, what has to happen to get these people to stop these demonstrations?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:36 PM
Veteran member

What do they expect? 60% of the crime is committed by 13% of the population. What do people expect when you take the discipline out of schools? What do expect from a society that believes you can kill a new born? What do expect from poor parenting? What do you expect when you continually tell certain groups you can't compete in society without my help? There is a group of young people where education has failed them, have no respect for anything, spoiled, and lost.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
All they know is how to generate riots, discontent, protests etc and pretend to help control them with "LABELS".
I'm guessing that you don't realize the sad irony/hypocrisy of talking about "LABELS," in the same sentence...where you've done just that?

As for changing something that might make a difference, how about we start with attitudes, bias' and prejudices...that LABEL ALL of anyone or anything a certain way?

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 06-13-2020 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
What do they expect? 60% of the crime is committed by 13% of the population. What do people expect when you take the discipline out of schools? What do expect from a society that believes you can kill a new born? What do expect from poor parenting? What do you expect when you continually tell certain groups you can't compete in society without my help? There is a group of young people where education has failed them, have no respect for anything, spoiled, and lost.
What do you expect, when privileged whites are given much lighter sentences or let off...for the same things in which blacks are prosecuted & incarcerated?

Or do you think it's just a coincidence, that 70% of those cleared by DNA in the 'Innocence Project' are minorities...and 63% are black?

Innocence Project (click here)

Quote:
Many of the consequences of how race affects the larger criminal justice system can be seen in innocence-related efforts.

An analysis of the 297 DNA exonerations reveals minorities make up approximately 70% of those proven innocent through DNA testing.

Similarly, African-Americans represent the vast majority of these exonerations – 63% of those exonerated by DNA testing.

Simply a coincidence?

I don't think so.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The "solid 2-parent family" is a really stupid insertion...
No. Claiming that statistically a “solid 2-parent family” is not more beneficial to children than a single parent home is a really stupid insertion. And I mean REALLY stupid.

Last edited by Polar Bear; 06-13-2020 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
No. Claiming statistically a “solid 2-parent family” is not more beneficial to children than a single parent home is a really stupid insertion. And I mean REALLY stupid.
So stay married...regardless?

Now THAT is REALLY...

Fighting Parents (click here)

Quote:
Divorce Doesn't Harm Children - Parents Fighting Harms Child.

Children exposed to even mild levels of tension between parents suffer.
Old 06-14-2020, 05:08 AM

Not withstanding your exceptions. I think the parenting issue is one of the root causes. My opinion.
Old 06-14-2020, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Below is a link of a video of condensed interview of few famous, prominent black people from different walks of life, sharing their different perspective.
What The Left Won’t Tell You About The Plight Of Black People And The Myth Of Systemic Racism - YouTube

What The Left Won’t Tell You About The Plight Of Black People And The Myth Of Systemic Racism - YouTube
Closed Thread

Tags
labels, plan, brought, plans, person

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.