Blm bs

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2020, 07:36 AM
Default Blm bs

Systemic racism is a false construct. BLM leaders have said their focus is Marxist ideology. I have worked in both the government and private industry. I know for a fact that in order to meet quotas for minority inclusion that criteria for a job posting was changed or ignored. When in a civil service posting there were no minorities on a list the list was discarded.

Systemic racism is being used to subvert legitimate discussion of problems brought about by progressive policies.

Individual actions are anecdotal and not proof of systemic problems.

WAKE UP AND THINK FOR YOURSELF.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:12 AM

BLM leaders have said their focus is Marxist ideology.

True, in part.

My take is that the Black Lives Mafia leaders are all about $$$.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amexsbow View Post
Systemic racism is a false construct. BLM leaders have said their focus is Marxist ideology. I have worked in both the government and private industry. I know for a fact that in order to meet quotas for minority inclusion that criteria for a job posting was changed or ignored. When in a civil service posting there were no minorities on a list the list was discarded.

Systemic racism is being used to subvert legitimate discussion of problems brought about by progressive policies.

There is the tricounty branch of blm located within the Unitarian Universalist in Summerfield. I've sat in their meetings back in '18 and their Marxist movement has nothing to do with our friends in the African-American community. It's a communist takeover of the United States.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,597 Times in 5,193 Posts

Quote:

The Federal affirmative action law is systemic racism/descrimination. It requires companies and schools to give special legal benefits to the protected groups named in the law. These people get benefits in employment and education that no one else gets, based solely on there race or gender. They are:

African Americans, Asian Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, and women.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:46 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:

Good post. May I also point out to readers who care about being accurate that there is a big difference between “systemic” and “systematic”. (You used it correctly, of course, but someone who started a similar post yesterday did not, and autocorrect will often make the change without our realizing it.)

“Systemic” means it’s inherent in the system, whether we know it or not or agree with it or not. That’s the primary contention of the protestors, whether or not they use the word correctly. “Systematic” means following a system, like always using a tee before teeing off your golf ball, or always flushing the toilet after using it (or always wiping, using your pre-virus stash of four hundred rolls). First step one, then step two. Then step three. Systematic racism might be, say, a car insurance company that always doubles rates for African-American drivers as a matter of course. It might not be written down, but agents are privately told to do it. Or if I, as an English professor, made it a practice to never give African-American students grades above a C. Automatic C or lower. (I definitely DID NOT do that—it’s just an example.)

And that is your vocabulary lesson of the day.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmen View Post
There is the tricounty branch of blm located within the Unitarian Universalist in Summerfield. I've sat in their meetings back in '18 and their Marxist movement has nothing to do with our friends in the African-American community. It's a communist takeover of the United States.

Thank you for exposing it for what it actually is

IMHO, the media has totally misled people regarding the purpose of this movement
Old 07-23-2020, 09:03 AM

Here is a quick video about systemic racism (of which the flip side is often called white privilege) -- it's an alternate viewpoint worth contemplating:
Systemic Racism Explained - YouTube

Always good to educate one's self on all facets of an issue.
Peace
Old 07-23-2020, 09:39 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxCat View Post
Here is a quick video about systemic racism (of which the flip side is often called white privilege) -- it's an alternate viewpoint worth contemplating:
Systemic Racism Explained - YouTube

Always good to educate one's self on all facets of an issue.
Peace
An excellent and simple explanation of how systemic racism works, came into being and continues. Sadly, those who need to see, educate themselves and understand it the most, will either not even bother to watch, or will dismiss it and fall back on their own prejudicial anecdotal stories to justify their own bigotry and racism.
Old 07-23-2020, 10:15 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,595 Times in 1,759 Posts

BLM is a marxist terrorist organization operating under the guise of promoting black interests.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 07-23-2020, 10:28 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
This thread is horrible.
Not if the intent is to mislead as to what BLM actually stands for and to try and paint with a broad, lying brush, so that the actual message that the BLM goal is to achieve true equality is lost in the noise of false accusations and focusing on the lawbreakers, which compose a very small percentage of the group as a whole. Based on that, this thread (along with so many others) seems to be working quite well for those who refuse to do any of their own researching and have a prejudicial agenda to push.
Old 07-23-2020, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

PBS did a rerun of the special on the Space Program and Apollo 11. On the date of the launch, July 20, 1969 Rev Abernathy and a group of protestors attended the launch and the signs and conversations were the same as the conversations and signs today. His actions were peaceful and he praised the the space program and the launch and the brave men that left that day but also stressed that more needs to be done to improve our society and be more inclusive. 51 years later the issues continue to remain and I'm not ok with that.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-23-2020, 11:46 AM
Location: New Hampshire, now Heathrow on Lake Deaton Preserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
Thank you for exposing it for what it actually is

IMHO, the media has totally misled people regarding the purpose of this movement
What benefit does the media derive by misleading people "regarding the purpose of this movement"?
Old 07-23-2020, 11:47 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
Not if the intent is to mislead as to what BLM actually stands for and to try and paint with a broad, lying brush, so that the actual message that the BLM goal is to achieve true equality is lost in the noise of false accusations and focusing on the lawbreakers, which compose a very small percentage of the group as a whole. Based on that, this thread (along with so many others) seems to be working quite well for those who refuse to do any of their own researching and have a prejudicial agenda to push.
Just like all the false accusations and focusing on the very few bad cops that is happening now. The majority of police in this country are hard working honest individuals. That is using a very broad and lying brush also. The same brush is being used to paint an individual as a racist if they question anything about minority groups actions. Hypocritical.
Closed Thread

Tags
systemic, blm, problems, list, posting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.