Calling Someone A Nazi

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2020, 04:33 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts
Default Calling Someone A Nazi

Calling someone a Nazi because you don't like their political/social/personal beliefs totally diminishes what Nazis and Nazi Germany was like and reflects the name caller's lack of intelligence and wilfull ignorance. I have read numerous books by holocaust survivors, watched many, many documentaries on the holocaust and have personally visited the Dachau death camp. There is no way a person can understand how brutal and savage it was unless they lived it. I know I can only imagine what it was like.

In one book I read it told of how the Sonderkommando, death camp prisoners in work groups that were forced with threats of their own death to dispose of gas chamber victims, would take live babies that survived the gas and swing them by the feet smashing their heads against a post killing them. It was either this or throw a live baby into the ovens. I can go on with other stories like this but I hope you get the point.

If I were a death camp surviving Jew, a Gypsy, a homosexual, or a political prisoner it would seriously anger me to see the name Nazi used just for political character assassination against a person who is nothing like a Nazi.
Old 07-04-2020, 04:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
Calling someone a Nazi because you don't like their political/social/personal beliefs totally diminishes what Nazis and Nazi Germany was like and reflects the name caller's lack of intelligence and wilfull ignorance. I have read numerous books by holocaust survivors, watched many, many documentaries on the holocaust and have personally visited the Dachau death camp. There is no way a person can understand how brutal and savage it was unless they lived it. I know I can only imagine what it was like.

In one book I read it told of how the Sonderkommando, death camp prisoners in work groups that were forced with threats of their own death to dispose of gas chamber victims, would take live babies that survived the gas and swing them by the feet smashing their heads against a post killing them. It was either this or throw a live baby into the ovens. I can go on with other stories like this but I hope you get the point.

If I were a death camp surviving Jew, a Gypsy, a homosexual, or a political prisoner it would seriously anger me to see the name Nazi used just for political character assassination against a person who is nothing like a Nazi.

You're correct.

If one is making an argument, and the person you're talking to calls you a "Nazi" (or "racist" or various other terms) that's 24 carat proof their mental tank has run out of gas.

They can't argue coherently, or use reason to rebut, but they remember back to kindergarten and know how to call someone a name.

Humorous actually ... albeit unintentional.

Old 07-04-2020, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

It shows lack of ability to articulate. My father was put in jail as a soldier because he refused to do what the (real) Nazi’s told him to do. Their inhumanity to man can’t be described. I find it just silly for the term to be used by ignorant individuals.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
You're correct.

If one is making an argument, and the person you're talking to calls you a "Nazi" (or "racist" or various other terms) that's 24 carat proof their mental tank has run out of gas.

They can't argue coherently, or use reason to rebut, but they remember back to kindergarten and know how to call someone a name.

Humorous actually ... albeit unintentional.

Name calling...even making up cute names seems to be popular.

You are right...it does, in fact, replace honest open discussion
Old 07-04-2020, 05:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
It shows lack of ability to articulate. My father was put in jail as a soldier because he refused to do what the (real) Nazi’s told him to do. Their inhumanity to man can’t be described. I find it just silly for the term to be used by ignorant individuals.
My wife's uncle was a lower ranking officer in the WWII German army. He served with a childhood friend and was ordered to execute his friend. It was late in the war when things were going bad for the Nazis and his friend was too vocal about the futility of fighting any longer. Her uncle couldn't kill his friend so they both deserted and surrendered to the Allies.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:44 PM

You can't deny the truth. Leadership has responsibilities. One is honesty. Another is freedom of speech. Restrain or manipulate either and one begins to mimic Nazi leadership philosophy.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

If someone stood in front of my golf cart and called me a nazi (and other obscenities as well) I would very quickly become really upset. In fact, I might even risk damaging my golf cart to bump the obnoxious idiot out of the way, and hopefully shut them up for a little while.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:30 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

What ever happened to "I know you are ..but what am I" ? Life was sooo much simpler back then

Steve
Old 07-04-2020, 07:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
If someone stood in front of my golf cart and called me a nazi (and other obscenities as well) I would very quickly become really upset. In fact, I might even risk damaging my golf cart to bump the obnoxious idiot out of the way, and hopefully shut them up for a little while.
And that is exactly the reaction that they are trying to provoke. When someone starts to verbally assault you and prevent you from getting away from them by standing in front of your golf cart, that is not peaceful and that is no longer a protest. That's an attack.
Old 07-04-2020, 08:17 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
If my golf cart was blocked I would pick up my phone and at first mimic dialing 911 and ask (no one at first) to dispatch the police. If that didn’t work I would do it for real. If I was legitimately threatened I would defend my self. If they were just slinging names I would just laugh at their stupidity and move on.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:08 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoisR View Post
You can't deny the truth. Leadership has responsibilities. One is honesty. Another is freedom of speech. Restrain or manipulate either and one begins to mimic Nazi leadership philosophy.
Who is restricting freedom of speech or manipulating it? Only in your imagination.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
If my golf cart was blocked I would pick up my phone and at first mimic dialing 911 and ask (no one at first) to dispatch the police. If that didn’t work I would do it for real. If I was legitimately threatened I would defend my self. If they were just slinging names I would just laugh at their stupidity and move on.
You have way more patience than I do. I guess that’s why I never became a doctor, I have no patients.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
What ever happened to "I know you are ..but what am I" ? Life was sooo much simpler back then

Steve
Or

I’m rubber your glue. Whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you.

Good ole days!
Old 07-05-2020, 05:06 AM

The word Nazi, and Racist are so overused in calling someone who disagrees with another persons thinking is used to provoke a reaction. Best way to deal with these type of insults is to realize that person who says such hateful words is ignorant and should be ignored, which in turn they will get ZERO attention.
Old 07-05-2020, 05:35 AM

That was probably the single most horrific act that's been done against man. Nobody should be accused of being a Nazi because they have different political views from your own.
Closed Thread

Tags
nazi, death, camp, calling, person

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.