CDC director "our data from the CDC -- vaccinated people do not carry the virus"

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2021, 09:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,305 Times in 2,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post

I went to WalMart, Publix, and CVS and it was a walk up. All had the vaccine available with no lines.
That's interesting. As of 10 minutes ago, the vaccination websites for publix and cvs both showed no appointments available and walmart did not have any availability until next Wednesday. Do you suppose they are requiring appointments while at the same time taking walk-ins? I suspect there are some here who would like to take advantage of that.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-02-2021, 04:38 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
That's interesting. As of 10 minutes ago, the vaccination websites for publix and cvs both showed no appointments available and walmart did not have any availability until next Wednesday. Do you suppose they are requiring appointments while at the same time taking walk-ins? I suspect there are some here who would like to take advantage of that.

It could be - I was making my late afternoon run - heading back up north for more cold weather for a couple of weeks. Perhaps end of day is different? That would make if they have a surplus of vaccine.

The issue when I got mine wasn't the vaccine quantity, it was the number of people actually doing the inoculations.
Old 04-02-2021, 04:52 AM

Because people are getting ill from variants of Covid after being vaccinated. The stats are not in as to why this is happening but it’s been all over the news.
Old 04-02-2021, 04:58 AM

Here’s one article:

Earlier this month, the Minnesota Department of Health released a health advisory stating that along with the CDC, it is investigating COVID-19 infections among people who are “appropriately vaccinated,” also called vaccine breakthrough cases, according to the advisory.

News 6 checked and the Florida Department of Health in Volusia County has six documented breakthrough cases while Sumter County has six and Lake County has 26 cases, according to emails from each county’s spokesperson.

Dr. Timothy Hendrix is with Advent Health and said it is possible for someone who is fully vaccinated to still contract the virus.
Old 04-02-2021, 05:01 AM
Default Rock Star

It keeps Doctors on the news they are famous and don’t want to give it up

The director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in a new interview celebrated data suggesting that those who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 largely "do not carry the virus."

CDC director Dr. Rochelle Walensky told MSNBC's Rachel Maddow on Monday that "our data from the CDC today suggests that vaccinated people do not carry the virus" or get sick.

"It's not just in the clinical trials, but it's also in real-world data," she added.

Her comments seemed to be in reference to a CDC study released earlier on Monday that examined Moderna's and Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccines and found that in real-world conditions, they reduced the risk of infection by 90 percent two or more weeks after the second dose was administered. The CDC said the study demonstrated that the vaccines "can reduce both asymptomatic and symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infections."

Though Walensky expressed optimism over this finding and said "we can kind of almost see the end" of the pandemic based on the rate of vaccinations in the United States, she also reiterating her concern about COVID-19 cases ticking up.

"What I really would hate to have happen is to have another oncoming surge just as we're reaching towards getting so many more people vaccinated," she said.

Walensky had previously expressed similar concerns on Monday about a potential fourth surge in COVID-19 cases, saying in a briefing she has a feeling "of impending doom" while urging Americans to "please hold on a little while longer."

CDC director: Data suggests vaccinated people largely 'do not carry the virus'

https://twitter.com/therecount/statu...185100232.html[/QUOTE]
Old 04-02-2021, 05:27 AM
Veteran member

If you are vaccinated no mask required, those that are not vaccinated are at risk if they are worried they should wear a mask and avoid close contact with others . Leave the rest of us alone we were prudent and received the vaccine.
Old 04-02-2021, 05:32 AM
Default OR...

"I really think that Darwin will weed out those that refuse the vaccine and we'll be left with those that survived."[/QUOTE]

...I really think that those that have received the vaccine may, at some time in the future, be weeded out by some virus variant because their natural immune system was compromised by the vaccine, and we'll be left with those healthy folks with a robust immune system that did not need, nor want, the vaccine.
Old 04-02-2021, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Might be because only 15% of the US Population have been vaccinated. That leaves 85% (I'm a math wizard) of us are vulnerable and can spread the virus. Trying to protect that 85% until they are fully protected requires masks, social distancing, hand washing etc. Until that happens travel restrictions, masks on airplanes and trains and in unknown groups need to be continued. Your question is apples and oranges.
You explained why 85% of you need masks but failed to answer the question why the 15% of us need to.
Old 04-02-2021, 05:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,143 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
one in ten chance of catching Covid after being vaccinated? Definately not that. Not sure what the one in ten is referring to..

However, the testimony was the chance of catching covid is nearly impossible, or rather no known cases after the waiting period, as real world studies show -in other works, after the successful vaccination the chance is effectively zero.
You could at least read the information posted on this thread even if you don't bother reading the actual material. You are wrong. 10% of those fully vaccinated had break through positive PCR tests in the period from two weeks after the second shot until about 7 weeks later. In that very short period 10% caught Covid, most of whom in fact developed mild symptoms. It is certain that these people were potentially shedding virus because that's what the PCR detects, virus in your nose.

The CDC has issued a clarification that supports exactly what I am telling you. The study report DID NOT LOOK at whether the people with positive PCR tests caused any secondary cases. And despite your claim there was no "testimony" that there were "no known cases" as she didn't say that at all. Her full transcript from Rachel Maddow's Monday show is HERE
Old 04-02-2021, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
I'm CONFUSED. So if we get the vaccine (we have) WHY does Fauci and others STILL insist that we must wear masks (two), restrict travel and other activities etc etc. EVEN with SCIENCE apparently countering with scientific data - clinical trials and real-world data - HER WORDS. What ?????

The director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in a new interview celebrated data suggesting that those who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 largely "do not carry the virus."
She said, “LARGELY”. That does not mean “WILL DEFINITELY NOT”. Since one does not know if they are in the “largely” camp or in the “oops, it didn’t work for me” camp, we should all continue to wear our masks and social distance as recommended for vaccinated people.

By the way, i wanted to have an antibody test done to see if the vaccine had been effective for me, but my doctor would not approve it. He said an antibody test only tells you if you’ve had the virus. Since the three vaccines depend on memory B and T cells also to work, the antibody count does not provide the correct picture to determine one’s immunity level.
Old 04-02-2021, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen.q.pankow View Post
Just a guess here, but the most likely explanation that I can think of is that since there's no way to readily tell if someone has been vaccinated or not, the decision to wear a mask or not would be on the honor system. Her and Fauci's concern isn't so much that people who have been vaccinated will spread the virus, it's more that people who haven't been vaccinated will no longer feel the social pressure to wear a mask, and that they'll be the ones spreading it.
Unfortunately, the experts are not saying that it would be "socially desirable or responsible" for those of us that have been vaccinated to ware a mask, they are saying that we "HAVE" to ware a mask. If you ask me for a favor, I will probably go out of my way to do it. If you demand it of me, I will probably tell you where you can go.
Old 04-02-2021, 05:49 AM

Well said Coffee bean... says it all. However remember, the "entitled", me first every else I dont care about. Also Florida has a governor ruled by the mighty dollar.. he does not want folk to need a passport to come to Florida and spend money. He will refuse Vaccine Passports to us all. How dare he, if we, vaccinated folk, want to travel abroad and must have a VP fine, but if he refuses to let Floridians have one he is stopping me seeing my family, when I am regarded as low risk. He, who hid is Covid Virus bout from us all.....
Old 04-02-2021, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Yes, I did see that, did you read it?

Great for the 50+ who have been able to get an appointment but what about those who have not? Too bad for them? Even here in the Villages I see people who must be under 50, do we just throw them off the raft too?
It's these kind of attitudes that try to "make the science work for they " instead of "following the science" that make me not want to follow your advise. If you are so concerned, why don't you stay home in your bubble for the next decade because I may not have a decade to wait it out.
Old 04-02-2021, 06:04 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
10% of those fully vaccinated had break through positive PCR tests in the period from two weeks after the second shot until about 7 weeks later. In that very short period 10% caught Covid, most of whom in fact developed mild symptoms. It is certain that these people were potentially shedding virus because that's what the PCR detects, virus in your nose.
Out of one million fully vaccinated individuals in Washington state, epidemiologists report evidence of 102 breakthrough cases, which represents .01 percent of vaccinated people in Washington.

That's not 10 percent, that's 1 in 10,000, almost all of which only know they tested positive because they were tested, but had no symptoms.

I am wondering if what we are seeing is a result of the vaccine changing body chemistry and after vaccination, you can test positive but not actually have the ability to transmit nor carry the virus.

The only way we know is if a month after vaccination, everyone has to go and get Covid tested. But it could be kind of like a TB test. I've always tested positive for TB since getting vaccinated 50+ years ago.

The science is new...
Old 04-02-2021, 06:07 AM

There are many reported cases of people who are fully vaccinated still testing positive and having the virus. Most significant difference is they are not endearing up in the hospital or dead. The vaccine does NOT eliminate Covid-19. YOU can still be infected . Yes we are safer if vaccinated and on this community with kids running around, and many who still think it's a hoax I will wear a mask unless I know the circle is composed of vaccinated people who know how to wash their hands. After all science only has limited data to advise with right now. By December a years worth of data will be more powerful. Do what works for you..
Closed Thread

Tags
cdc, data, vaccinated, walensky, covid-19

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.