CDC release on breakthrough infections

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2021, 04:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Agree. Anyone at this point who honestly thinks their mask is protecting them has not been listening (for over a year) UNLESS their mask is an N95 or equivalent mask. In that case, anyone claiming their mask protects them should always include the type of protective mask they are wearing.
Very true. And even then we have to be careful saying "the mask protects you". Since so many like to think/speak in absolutes. It does NOT absolutely protect you 100%. It helps.

Also, it is extremely important for the mask to fit properly to seal around the edges. Otherwise, no joy. But, even with a perfect fit, it is not perfect protection, it helps. But, every little bit helps.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drducat View Post
You mean this guy?

Expert in his field.....Not like Fauci at all.....

Vaccine Expert Gives "Final Warning" STOP All Mass COVID Vaccinations Immediately or face unleashing incurable, deadly, unstoppable wave of disease

Hal Turner Radio Show - Vaccine Expert Gives "Final Warning" STOP All Mass COVID Vaccinations Immediately or face unleashing incurable, deadly, unstoppable wave of disease
I'm no expert but that makes absolutely no sense at all.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post
Well, if he's like Fauci it makes him and his warnings all the more believable. He's a prominent virologist and not an anti-vaxxer. He embraces the mRNA vaccines and thinks they are great, but should not be used in this manner. I think we are seeing his warnings, which he gave in the spring, come to fruition.
No, what we are seeing now is the anti-vaxxer movement not allowing enough people to get vaccinated and stop these variants. Again, I'm no expert but that just seems to make more sense to me. I still blame the anti-vaxxer movement for the mess we are all in.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Yet, that map that shows how high the transmission rate is has all of Florida's counties solid red, including Sumter County. I would think at least the county that has the most amount of seniors in the state of Florida wouldn't quite be solid red. I'm a bit disappointed in that map, to be honest. I've felt all along that we in The Villages are experiencing a higher vaccination rate than the rest of the state.
That is why in the other thread I said the news from the CDC was not as good as we (I) had hoped. There is evidence that the DELTA has a fairly high breakthrough rate. It appears from what I read at CDC that the vaccine is about 80% effective against DELTA. But, DELTA is a lot more contagious than the original, so that 20% not effective can result in a LOT of infections. But, the vaccination does reduce the chances of serious complications and/or having to go to the hospital.

Also, that 80% is based on a very limited sampling of data, and could change as more cases are reported and the CDC has more data to work with.

So, the vaccine is not as good against DELTA as the original, so a lot more cases showing up, but a lot better than nothing.

Also, a lot of people, like me got their vaccination 4 months ago or so, and so the effectiveness is starting to wane.

EDIT: Also, vaccinations are less effective in seniors than younger folks. This appears to be WRONG. A recent study in Israel shows that seniors are as protected as younger people by the vaccines.

So, seniors need to get boosters sooner and be more careful.

Last edited by GrumpyOldMan; 07-31-2021 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
No, what we are seeing now is the anti-vaxxer movement not allowing enough people to get vaccinated and stop these variants. Again, I'm no expert but that just seems to make more sense to me. I still blame the anti-vaxxer movement for the mess we are all in.
Well, I will go a step further and say that the anti-vax'ers are part of a larger group that are anti-COVIDers. There is a large number of people that still say COVID is no worse than the flu. And refuse to wear masks, refuse to socially distance, and refuse to get vaccinated. Why they feel/believe this I can't say.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:25 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
Also, a lot of people, like me got their vaccination 4 months ago or so, and so the effectiveness is starting to wane.

Also, vaccinations are less effective in seniors than younger folks.

So, seniors need to get boosters sooner and be more careful.
Got a link to the CDC stating that?
Or is that your "expert" opinion?
Where are you getting your booster?
Old 07-31-2021, 04:34 PM

Quote:
It makes perfect sense....The vaccinated are contributing to the variants.....He said it along time ago and all his statements are falling true.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:41 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Well it wouldn't to someone who's not a expert.
Does anyone ever hear themselves?
Old 07-31-2021, 04:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
Got a link to the CDC stating that?
Or is that your "expert" opinion?
Where are you getting your booster?
I am not and never have claimed to be an expert, I read and post here what I consider to be valid information from what I believe to be credible sources. If I post something in error, and it is pointed out, I am the first to admit it and retract my post and apologize.

I got my vaccination from the VA in Gainesville. I am waiting to hear back from my PCP about when Boosters will be available.

Here is a Lancet article on vaccine effectiveness by age group, It does not support my claim that the vaccination is less effective in seniors: I apologize for that mistake:

Model is adjusted for age group (16–24, 25–34, 35–44, 45–54, 55–64, 65–74, 75–84, and ≥85 years)
Old 07-31-2021, 04:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
I see no reason to even fact-check a poster that claims the government has approved a vaccine that will destroy our immune systems permanently. If that is TRUE, then we are all up the proverbial creek.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I am not and never have claimed to be an expert, I read and post here what I consider to be valid information from what I believe to be credible sources. If I post something in error, and it is pointed out, I am the first to admit it and retract my post and apologize.

I got my vaccination from the VA in Gainesville. I am waiting to hear back from my PCP about when Boosters will be available.

Here is a Lancet article on vaccine effectiveness by age group, It does not support my claim that the vaccination is less effective in seniors: I apologize for that mistake:

Model is adjusted for age group (16–24, 25–34, 35–44, 45–54, 55–64, 65–74, 75–84, and ≥85 years)
I was just wondering where you got your valid information from a credible source that your vaccine effectiveness is "waning" after 4 months.
Old 07-31-2021, 05:01 PM

Quote:
I see no reason to even fact-check a poster that claims the government has approved a vaccine that will destroy our immune systems permanently. If that is TRUE, then we are all up the proverbial creek.
There is nothing to fact check...it is a letter from one of the top vaccine experts in the world.

Besides this poster (me) has never made the claim about our government.
Old 07-31-2021, 05:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drducat View Post
There is nothing to fact check...it is a letter from one of the top vaccine experts in the world.

Besides this poster (me) has never made the claim about our government.
Did you post a post that said the vaccination would permanently destroy our immune systems? I am NOT saying you said it will, did you post a post saying that someone else, an expert, said it will?
Old 07-31-2021, 05:05 PM

Quote:
The man has a heavy Dutch accent and is difficult to understand. W hat he's saying is that the virus will do what it takes to survive if a vaccine is suddenly introduced which means it will mutate into a new variant which can be even more deadly than the original COVID-19. I think we are seeing this now.
Old 07-31-2021, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Did you post a post that said the vaccination would permanently destroy our immune systems? I am NOT saying you said it will, did you post a post saying that someone else, an expert, said it will?
I do not recall that....however whom ever did was most likely referring to ADE which is real...not what some fact checkers are saying. Your body over reacts to contacting covid19 and causes a Cytokine Storm....immune response is over reacting.

The letter from Dr. Geert Vanden Bossche is scary stuff and the vaccine was a risk to begin with. Once they found out it does not stay in the muscle of the injection site and it spreads all over, they should have stopped the jab.
Closed Thread

Tags
breakthrough, cases, prevent, spread, severe

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.