Chicago

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
Protesting violence by using violence what a great concept.
And your remedy would be?.....
Old 08-11-2020, 04:22 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmio View Post
How about enforcing the law. It's not real difficult to figure out.
Old 08-11-2020, 04:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Instead of giving people handouts to get votes,
give them a hand up to education,
and meaningful employment,
which might lead to self respect
and self esteem!
Also the government isn’t a
good parent or mentor!
Old 08-11-2020, 04:46 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,376 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
We have a former president who is black. We have many members of congress and the house who are black. We have governors, mayors, police commissioners and police chiefs who are black. I would be getting them all together in a room and asking them why we have this problem and what we need to do to solve it. Then I would arrest anyone who is using violence regardless of what color they are and putting them in jail where they belong.
Old 08-11-2020, 05:44 PM
Veteran member

I believe in the Hammurabi code “an eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth.” Start cutting off the hands of the thieves and that should put a quick end to the bandits! Oh yea that’s primitive! Shame on me!
Old 08-11-2020, 05:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
We have a former president who is black. We have many members of congress and the house who are black. We have governors, mayors, police commissioners and police chiefs who are black. I would be getting them all together in a room and asking them why we have this problem and what we need to do to solve it. Then I would arrest anyone who is using violence regardless of what color they are and putting them in jail where they belong.
That certainly might work. It has in the past....wonder where they would be allowed to meet ?

Remember most of them are under serious accusations, and attacks of slander by the person who might gather them.
Old 08-11-2020, 05:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
How about enforcing the law. It's not real difficult to figure out.
BEST remedy offered.

Does that enforcement apply to all who break the law in any way or is it selective ?

See I agree with you totally in every way, but I do not think you want ALL broken laws to be enforced, now do you ?
Old 08-11-2020, 05:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
BEST remedy offered.

Does that enforcement apply to all who break the law in any way or is it selective ?

See I agree with you totally in every way, but I do not think you want ALL broken laws to be enforced, now do you ?
As they say if you do not want to do the time, dont do the crime
Old 08-11-2020, 06:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
That certainly might work. It has in the past....wonder where they would be allowed to meet ?

Remember most of them are under serious accusations, and attacks of slander by the person who might gather them.
Everyone seems more interested in pointing fingers and assigning blame than coming up with a plan.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Everyone seems more interested in pointing fingers and assigning blame than coming up with a plan.
I do not know Chicago so well, and would love to hear from ex Chicago residents on ideas.

I am neutral on guns, but Chicago is one place it seems cries out for some really stringent gun laws it seems.

I know nothing about the police there or the history. This city has had a reputation going back 100 years.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:27 PM

Quote:
That exactly what I said, but in reference to the Covid 19 virus...
Old 08-11-2020, 06:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Not saying I disagree, but specifically how are those folks part of the problem.

It is a local issue, with serious social overtones, but seems the problem must be solved locally with assistance.
No it is a national problem and none of them are speaking out to stop the violence and come up with a plan going forward. Too many people just aren't doing their job. They can't even pass a much needed relief bill without pork attached.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
No it is a national problem and none of them are speaking out to stop the violence and come up with a plan going forward. Too many people just aren't doing their job. They can't even pass a much needed relief bill without pork attached.
If the so called black leadership actually led a lot of what is going on now would never have happened.

Remind blacks that they should plan to have kids as a two parent household and stay in school so as to get a good job.

And why you are at it this black on black crime is a much worse problem than the relatively few police shootings of unarmed blacks.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:06 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
BEST remedy offered.

Do you?
Old 08-11-2020, 07:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
If the so called black leadership actually led a lot of what is going on now would never have happened.

Remind blacks that they should plan to have kids as a two parent household and stay in school so as to get a good job.

And why you are at it this black on black crime is a much worse problem than the relatively few police shootings of unarmed blacks.
1. If you refer to those elected representatives and Senators, they have a responsibility to United States, not only the black community, and you should really read history to see who leads, and vice verse.

2. I am reminding nobody of anything because I know you speak as if ALL black skinned Americans are the same...you probably believe all Mexican Americans are the same, or Italian Americans. They are not. Further more, as someone once said about "walking a mile in my shoes"..... check out a book I reference earlier..."Black like Me".... might open your eyes. I read it way back and it sure made my thought process different.

3. Lastly you may be right in what you say, however you present false equivalence which sort of stalled whatever point you were trying to make. You need to make a hero and a bad guy, it seems, instead of simply asking ALL people to behave honestly and truthfully, and do their job in the manner intended. As long as you need some kind of good guy or bad guy, no solution at the end of that road.
Closed Thread

Tags
3rd, world, control, lost, americas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.