Chicago murders & shootings - No outrage???

Closed Thread
Old 09-08-2020, 08:16 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default Chicago murders & shootings - No outrage???

Every day - every weekend. Shootings, carnage, killings. Chicago and other cities in USA.

56 shot, 8 fatally over Labor Day weekend in Chicago

Where is the OUTRAGE? Very little media coverage or outcries for action. Civic Leaders, shhhh. Police, paralyzed. Gangs, out of control. Minority Leaders, where?

This has been the standard for so many years, but lately exploded. Imagine living in these inner city 'hoods' with your family - and nothing is done to address the problems? It IS an OUTRAGE. Had to vent...

-------------------------------------------

An 8-year-old girl killed in a drive-by shooting was one of 53 people shot in Chicago over holiday weekend
By Tina Burnside and Hollie Silverman, CNN Updated 5:46 AM ET, Tue September 8, 2020

(CNN)An 8-year-old girl was among at least 53 people shot during a violent holiday weekend in Chicago, according to police officials.

Eight people died between Friday and Monday in shooting homicides, the Chicago Police Incident Notification website shows.
The girl was killed Monday evening after gunshots were fired into an SUV she was traveling in, Chicago Police Chief of Operations Brian McDermott said during a press conference Monday night.
"I am saddened and angered that another child has lost their life to gun violence in the city of Chicago," McDermott said.

An unknown vehicle pulled up beside her at a stop light and shot into the car as the light turned green, he explained.
The girl suffered a gunshot wound to the back, according to the incident notification.
Three other people were in the car with her, at least two of whom were shot, according to the incident notification.
Following the shooting, the victims' vehicle crashed into a tree. A woman believed to be the child's mother suffered injuries from the crash, according to McDermott.
Police believe the victims' car was intentionally targeted and police are searching for the gunman, he said.
Chicago Police Supt. David Brown is expected to address violence over the Labor Day holiday weekend on Tuesday morning.

An 8-year-old girl killed in a drive-by shooting was one of 53 people shot in Chicago over holiday weekend - CNN
Old 09-08-2020, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

I agree...why no coverage

I'm thinking that because this has been going on for SO long that it's no longer considered news, but rather just routine happenings on the weekends in Chicago
Old 09-08-2020, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,046 Times in 5,336 Posts

Hopefully the voters will remember and take action next election day.

Would think lots of jobs will be leaving the city.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

I'm a Chicago boy born and raised in part of the city that has a lot of the crime.
Two of my cousins were inner city cops and I always wondered how they managed.
It's just sad how the city has gone downhill and I've no desire (nor reason) to return.

And yes, where's the outrage? One forum I was reading had a comment that the wagering "over/under" for Chicago shootings is 50 for every weekend - and that you should always take the over!!

This is the problem in America's big cities. George Floyd and BLM is certainly an issue and the police need policing (sad to say that too), but you're right - where's the outrage by our leadership (politicans, athletes, activists, religious, whoever) over the huge numbers of people being crime victims. It's not even talked about!!
Old 09-08-2020, 08:35 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
I agree...why no coverage

I'm thinking that because this has been going on for SO long that it's no longer considered news, but rather just routine happenings on the weekends in Chicago

It doesn't fit media agenda.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

The reasons for no coverage are obvious!
Old 09-08-2020, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,711 Times in 5,241 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
It doesn't fit media agenda.
I agree. But, I am amazed that so many people cannot think for themselves. The media is able to control millions of people's thinking by how and what they choose to report. The schools need to encourage more independent and creative thinking.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I agree. But, I am amazed that so many people cannot think for themselves. The media is able to control millions of people's thinking by how and what they choose to report. The schools need to encourage more independent and creative thinking.

This is a battle with a child or two of mine.........praying for the grandchildren.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:58 AM
Location: Native to West Palm Beach, FL I am renting current home, yet to decide if TV will be next move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I agree. But, I am amazed that so many people cannot think for themselves......
Unfortunately, Social Media is the main cause of exponential growth with the stupidification of America.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:01 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Why don't the black lives matter gang protest the Chicago murders. Don't black on black murders count?
Old 09-08-2020, 09:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Why don't the black lives matter gang protest the Chicago murders. Don't black on black murders count?

Not to the movement or media.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:19 AM

Chicago is a complete mess. The lightweight mayor of that city does not care about the plight of its citizens... of all colors.
Eight years of the previous administration run by a citizen of Chicago who for those eight years failed to address the problem. If this individual would fly from Martha's vineyard and spend his free time "peacefully" helping his hometown, perhaps something positive could have been accomplished. The same goes to all these "social justice warriors" who walk around wearing black shirts and dribble a basketball.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
They don't count.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaguey48 View Post
Eight years of the previous administration run by a citizen of Chicago who for those eight years failed to address the problem. If this individual would fly from Martha's vineyard and spend his free time "peacefully" helping his hometown, perhaps something positive could have been accomplished. The same goes to all these "social justice warriors" who walk around wearing black shirts and dribble a basketball.

Thank-you for the smile.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:23 AM
Location: Native to West Palm Beach, FL I am renting current home, yet to decide if TV will be next move.

Quote:
A good person to ask is Al Sharpton, I am sure he can provide you with an accurate response as to why he is basically quiet on this topic.

It does not take much intelligence to surmise that "Black Lives Matter" most when there is an opportunity to make some GREEN.
Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, police, weekend, shot, girl

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.