Coming soon? Mandatory face masks?

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2020, 08:12 AM

I’m beginning to think that warning labels are to blame with these younger peeps.
I am a baby boomer. Last year, but never the less. I am!

When the huge warning label and ISO 9000 standards went into effect. The people that would have died from not having a warning label attached to everything, are still living now.
These individuals exhibit the “need” to be told everything, no independent comprehensive thought. To coin a phrase: “spoon fed” everything to do with thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Far too many folks in FL as demonstrated here in TV completely ignore two of the three actions "recommended" during the pandemic.

Wear a face mask and keep social distancing.
Hopefully most of them honor the hand washing and sanitizing.

My guess, less than 50% of us are following the guidelines.

With the spiking that is occurring and the commitment to not shut down again.....is it inevitable that masks will be made mandatory in public?
Enforcement of social distancing?

One need only to observe any venue here in TV and observe the rampant, wholesale non compliance.

It is the obvious next play for the governor.

Or he concludes most Floridians are opting to roll the dice on whether they get the virus or not. Their attitude......must be if they die they die.

However some of us do not think they should be putting us at that risk.

I am sure the usual mask flak will follow.
But instead how about offering suggestions how tho help keep the virus from spreading.

Old 06-27-2020, 08:18 AM
Gold member

If you don't like the mask, your going to really hate the ventilator!
Old 06-27-2020, 09:22 AM

As for me . . . if I go into a store . . . any kind and the workers, sales persons, etc. are not wearing masks - I will leave immediately and not return.
Old 06-27-2020, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Oops.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Covid-19 Crowing too early..jpg
Views:	96
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	84864  
Old 06-27-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
"non believers, it's only the flu"

If you are less than 50 years old, covid 19 is not just "only the flu" its way way less than the flu in terms of death rates. CDC puts overall death rate for all ages of the flu at 0.1 percent. CDC puts death rate for covid 19 for under 50 years old at 0.05% 70% of covid positive people under 60 are ASYMPTOMATIC and never get sick.

Do you understand the difference in those two death rates? You are not going to convince people that have a better chance of dying in a car wreck to wear a mask all the time. The world does not revolve around us oldsters. The best way for us old fogies to protect ourselves is stay home, participate in safe outdoor activities, and maintain social distances. It's safer if we do not participate in the great reopening and ridiculous to demand the whole world wear masks.

My rule is I don't enter any buildings other than home, curbside pickup of groceries and online delivery for everything else. I do have some in person DR appts but not until September. I play golf, swim, walk, ride bicycle etc and talk to my neighbors at a safe distance. I'd like to go out to eat, have a drink at a bar etc. I was supposed to be in Scotland this summer and play golf out of the heat, but I can do it next year. I can continue in this mode for quite some time and enjoy life while being safe. I don't think its fair to ask everyone to wear masks when the danger for them is so miniscule.
It's not just the death rate that should concern people. The permanent lung damage affects the majority of people that have covid, not just the older crowd. As of this week, the highest rate of infection is people in there 20's (up until now it was people in their 30's+). Most people are asymptomatic. For the safety of everyone, why is it so difficult to wear a mask in public??
Closed Thread

Tags
die, distancing, social, virus, mask

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.