Compton 'ambush' leaves 2 LA County sheriff's deputies...

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2020, 08:51 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Here is a photo (apparently taken from a cell phone after the shooting). There are videos - taken by Compton "folks"- with audio of them laughing and saying "pigs coming home to roost". On the news, it was said that the female deputy was shot thru the jaw, but was able to radio in a "98" - officer down. And apply a turniquet to her parter - both bleeding heavily.

This topic is truly making me sick to my stomach, and so worried about our country. Expect copycats and gangs daring others to take action. They feel this is 'justified'.

One "side" keeps saying "we need to """reimagine""" how we police". This may be a start...
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	119607073_3537785639647505_6316047738189723765_o.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	86257  
Old 09-15-2020, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Law and order and respect for our police come to mind.
That's it? What about the erosion of the checks and balances built into the constitution over the past three plus years? There is no justification for what that criminal did in Compton. However, respect for law enforcement will be greatly enhanced when a greater effort is made to weed out the bad apples.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:18 AM

What is just as disgusting is how the media plays it. Certain outlets are quiet, doesn't fit their narrative ....just saying.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:31 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgilcreast View Post
What is just as disgusting is how the media plays it. Certain outlets are quiet, doesn't fit their narrative ....just saying.
So agree. I check out about 5 major online News sites every day. I call 2 of these "Pravda" as they almost always totally favor 'one side' of the spectrum. In this horrifying case - same. A slight mention in a sub-headline for one day. BUT on the same day, and after, a large pic and long article of a 'person' who was roughed up by the police as he charged them with a weapon. No shots, but a puffy eye. As usual, demands for firing and investigation, and no doubt attorneys booked flights there. Typical Media editorial narrative and selective topics.

I always say it's no wonder some of the public view things in the way they do - due to the prism of news and opinions fed to them. Thankfully we do have some news sources that (mostly) provide a blend and somewhat "fair". For those who get 'their news' from ONLY their favored sources - it may very well be slanted. Much like Pravda in Russia and other 'State Media' in other countries.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	download (32).jpeg
Views:	123
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	86259  
Old 09-15-2020, 07:36 AM
Location: Native to West Palm Beach, FL I am renting current home, yet to decide if TV will be next move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick demis View Post
Amazing how such a small percental of the population can cause such disruption. I hope the authorities (political and judicial) wake up before the silent giant wakes up and takes action.
It's called the 13/90 Club

13% of a certain population is responsible for 90% of violent crime in America.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:57 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,338 Posts

This is what certain groups in our country are pushing to advance their agenda.
Closed Thread

Tags
deputies, compton, county, fighting, lives

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.