COVID- 19 Vaccine at Lake Square Mall

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2021, 07:33 AM
Default COVID- 19 Vaccine at Lake Square Mall

At 8 pm we received the call last night for appointments on Thursday for our first shots. Due to screening our calls, I did not answer as the caller ID was Inverness FL. Glad my husband paid no attention and did answer. This was due to calling 866-201-6909 on Jan 28.

Jan 12 registered online with Safe Restart - received only the email acknowledging the request. Feb 1 registered with Myvaccine.fl.gov - received an email today acknowledging that I have preregistered. Tried registering with Publix - never got past refreshing. My husband is also registered with the VA - no luck yet.

If you have been through this - be sure to answer your phone even if you do not recognize the number.
Old 02-09-2021, 10:32 AM

My wife needed a vaccine shot and I had tried the sites near Walmart in TV, Publix and Florida Health with zero success.
My neighbor told me about the place at 7453 Republic Drive, Groveland at the Amazon Depot. They are doing both first and second shots without appointment
We drove down there this morning which is a 30 minute drive from TV and got there at 7.30
There was a long line of cars but when the center opened at 8,00 we got in at 8.30 and had her shot. We were on our way back home by 9.00. When we left there were no more cars in the line so it would seem better to arrive at that time. I asked the person who did the shot for my wife and she told me they has 2200 shots available today.
The operation was very well organized and I would recommend going down as it is much better than messing about with the Publix web site or the other sites in The Villages I. believe the center is open until 5 PM
Old 02-09-2021, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by martine48 View Post
My wife needed a vaccine shot and I had tried the sites near Walmart in TV, Publix and Florida Health with zero success.
My neighbor told me about the place at 7453 Republic Drive, Groveland at the Amazon Depot. They are doing both first and second shots without appointment
We drove down there this morning which is a 30 minute drive from TV and got there at 7.30
There was a long line of cars but when the center opened at 8,00 we got in at 8.30 and had her shot. We were on our way back home by 9.00. When we left there were no more cars in the line so it would seem better to arrive at that time. I asked the person who did the shot for my wife and she told me they has 2200 shots available today.
The operation was very well organized and I would recommend going down as it is much better than messing about with the Publix web site or the other sites in The Villages I. believe the center is open until 5 PM
1/29/21 Groveland stopped giving first shots switching to second shots only.

You say you went this morning...was that for first shot?

If yes what is status for second shot?
Old 02-09-2021, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

I just read on the Lake Department of Health website that the Amazon facility will be administering 2nd shots only effect starting today.
First shots encouraged to sign up on the typical websites with wait lists.
Old 02-17-2021, 03:24 PM

Just got a call from what sounded like the state to schedule my 2nd dose of the vaccine at Lake Square Mall. First date I could get it was 2/19. I am scheduled for 2/23. They called me.

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Closed Thread

Tags
registered, answer, received, email, acknowledging

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.