Critical Race Theory in schools

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Your premise is very flawed and I submit you are on the wrong side of history.

Your examples are so distorted and out of touch with reality, not truth, but reality.......imagining that white people were humble servants visiting a new land.

Even beginning a discussion on real present day discussion of CRT in that vein is a admission of not understanding history in any way.

Children should be taught the truth.....good, bad and indifferent.
Wrong side of history? Someone needs to study more. Humans have been conquering, enslaving, raping, and killing each other since history began. Please provide the quote where I said "white people were humble servants visiting a new land" I merely stated the truth that native americans and native africans practiced slavery and conquest long before whitey showed up. Who do you think gathered up the african slaves and sold them for money to the european slave traders? Hint: They were not light skinned people.

Like I said, all races, colors, religions etc have committed atrocities against their fellow humans.
Old 06-12-2021, 02:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
And in Idaho where my grandchild live. I know people who have moved their families to Idaho from the Seattle area where the schools are a mess.

Idaho Becomes First State To Ban Public Schools From Compelling Students To Adopt Critical Race Theory Discrimination | The Daily Caller
Wondering if you even read your link to your post.

Had you done so, you would have noticed, not only did they get the definition of CRT way way out of line, they also said this....

"While the Idaho bill does not prevent CRT from being taught, it prevents teachers or other facilitators of the instruction from forcing students or other school staff to adopt the ideas in CRT. "

Not sure how the "forcing" etc. takes place.

This entire issue, which we all knew was coming as a "P" issue for 2022, because it was announced as such, is such a shame.....that we are going to use our children and their education to facilitate an agenda.

I really suggest that you folks who insist that this is "marxist"....it is not and that association comes from sources other than those who actually know....or that our government should reverse something that is not taught (It is not anywhere tought as a subject) and is purely academic HOWEVER, this insistence bringing it to the forefront fulfills the intended agenda.
Old 06-12-2021, 02:11 PM
Veteran member

I think it's being used to encourage parents with means to pull their kids out of the public schools and either home school them or send them to private school. Parents don't want to see their kids marginalized and they also don't want to teach their kids to hate others based on race.
Old 06-12-2021, 02:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
I think it's being used to encourage parents with means to pull their kids out of the public schools and either home school them or send them to private school. Parents don't want to see their kids marginalized and they also don't want to teach their kids to hate others based on race.
My experience with kids is that they simply want the truth.

My experience with adults is that they simply want their children not to be lied to.
Old 06-12-2021, 02:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:

My experience with adults is that they simply want their children not to be lied to.
And who decides what truth is? Being nobody living now was there? O wait we reinvent the truth to suit our agenda.
Old 06-12-2021, 02:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

I agree with this.

I do not believe that CRT is the way to accomplish this which is why I see people of means, regardless of race, pulling their kids out of the public schools that teach CRT.

I've watched some of the school board meetings across the country that are taking place and the parents are raising very reasonable, well thought out concerns about CRT. If implemented, there is concern that CRT is going to distract from educating kids and could wind up dumbing down an already dumbed down curriculum.
Old 06-12-2021, 03:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
I agree with this.

I do not believe that CRT is the way to accomplish this which is why I see people of means, regardless of race, pulling their kids out of the public schools that teach CRT.

I've watched some of the school board meetings across the country that are taking place and the parents are raising very reasonable, well thought out concerns about CRT. If implemented, there is concern that CRT is going to distract from educating kids and could wind up dumbing down an already dumbed down curriculum.
Please, if you are serious, read this.
-----------------------------------

"Could a teacher who wants to talk about a factual instance of state-sponsored racism—like the establishment of Jim Crow, the series of laws that prevented Black Americans from voting or holding office and separated them from white people in public spaces—be considered in violation of these laws?

It’s also unclear whether these new bills are constitutional, or whether they impermissibly restrict free speech.

It would be extremely difficult, in any case, to police what goes on inside hundreds of thousands of classrooms. But social studies educators fear that such laws could have a chilling effect on teachers who might self-censor their own lessons out of concern for parent or administrator complaints."

As English teacher Mike Stein told Chalkbeat Tennessee about the new law: “History teachers can not adequately teach about the Trail of Tears, the Civil War, and the civil rights movement. English teachers will have to avoid teaching almost any text by an African American author because many of them mention racism to various extents.”

The laws could also become a tool to attack other pieces of the curriculum, including ethnic studies and “action civics”—an approach to civics education that asks students to research local civic problems and propose solutions."
---------------------------

The concerns are implanted by folks with an agenda. The parents are being told, on purpose about Marxism.....has zero...zero to do with anything. Changing history to be taught our children should not be constrained or held back because of adults need for P activism.

I cannot believe any parent would consider shutting out real history from kids because it interferes with their P leaning.

What Is Critical Race Theory, and Why Is It Under Attack?
Old 06-12-2021, 03:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
And who decides what truth is? Being nobody living now was there? O wait we reinvent the truth to suit our agenda.
The study of history is a science, and there are methods of determining what likely happened and why. It will never be 100% guaranteed. With your statement, we might as well not teach anything period. Who knows, lots of people are saying...
Old 06-12-2021, 04:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member

There seems to be a theme here:

THEY are coming for our rights
THEY are coming for our money
THEY are coming for our guns
THEY are coming for our religion
THEY are coming for our kids

They are coming...
Old 06-12-2021, 04:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
There seems to be a theme here:

THEY are coming for our rights
THEY are coming for our money
THEY are coming for our guns
THEY are coming for our religion
THEY are coming for our kids

They are coming...
Well, this thread is about manipulating history to suit an agenda. It is about lying in our schools.

And using words like “Marxist” makes it even more threatening.
Old 06-12-2021, 04:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Well, this thread is about manipulating history to suit an agenda. It is about lying in our schools.

And using words like “Marxist” makes it even more threatening.
To me, this thread is about one more in a long list of misinformation, all designed to promote FUD - Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

I am not speaking here as a liberal both parties are guilty.
Old 06-12-2021, 04:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Question is…whose truth?
Old 06-12-2021, 04:20 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,221 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
"At its root, therefore, CRT rejects Marxist instrumentalism, the “base”/“superstructure” paradigm, and not only rejects class essentialism, but seeks to be anti-essentialist in general. And, in reality, an anti-essentialist Marxism with no “base” or “superstructure” is not much of a Marxism at all, just a long tradition of critical social theory employed by theorists from many different socio-political perspectives."

Is Critical Race Theory Marxist? – Bradly Mason

It appears that many are simply mouthing what they have been told to mouth, and have not at all studied the subjects or the facts inherent.
Is that not what you are doing Bucco? Sounds like it to me.
Old 06-12-2021, 04:33 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,221 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Your premise is very flawed and I submit you are on the wrong side of history.

Your examples are so distorted and out of touch with reality, not truth, but reality.......imagining that white people were humble servants visiting a new land.

Even beginning a discussion on real present day discussion of CRT in that vein is a admission of not understanding history in any way.

Bucco, you are the one that needs to get in touch with reality. The natives in America fought each other for land, took slaves and simply fought each other because it was the culture of the warrior that dictated it. The different tribes controlled the area they claimed as theirs and did not tolerate intrusion into their territory. Torture of captives was commonplace. Read up on Lewis and Clark and their experiences crossing the country. There were tribes that allowed them to pass through their territory and other tribes that would fight them. The premise that the American Indian lived in peace and harmony with each other is hog wash. White man just proved to be a bigger and more advanced tribe that fought all the natives and took the land just like the Indians did to each other.
Old 06-12-2021, 05:04 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
Bucco, you are the one that needs to get in touch with reality. The natives in America fought each other for land, took slaves and simply fought each other because it was the culture of the warrior that dictated it. The different tribes controlled the area they claimed as theirs and did not tolerate intrusion into their territory. Torture of captives was commonplace. Read up on Lewis and Clark and their experiences crossing the country. There were tribes that allowed them to pass through their territory and other tribes that would fight them. The premise that the American Indian lived in peace and harmony with each other is hog wash. White man just proved to be a bigger and more advanced tribe that fought all the natives and took the land just like the Indians did to each other.
The aboriginal inhabitants of North America practiced cannibalism in addition to being very cruel. Anyone ever see a shrunken head from the Jivaro tribe in Peru and Ecuador? The genetic evidence for human origin of Jivaroan shrunken heads in collections from the Polish museums | SpringerLink

And the Aztecs and mayans? Ever been to Chichen-Itza?

David Scheimann

Conclusive evidence of American Indian cannibalism found | The Seattle Times

New Data Suggests Some Cannibalism By Ancient Indians - The New York Times

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 06-12-2021 at 05:51 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
schools, critical, divide, designed, pushed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.