Defense for anti-vaxxers hindering herd immunity?

Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2021, 06:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
If your vaccination is as reported, then there is no reason for you to wear a mask. Ask any MD that isn't on the gov. payroll and they will tell you that if you are immune, you can't pass the virus on to someone else. The CDC does not have enough confidence in the vaccine, period.
And maybe those that refuse to wear a mask and not get vaccinated, feel they are safe without it. After all, we went a year without the vaccination. Some folks just use what they believe is common sense. They distance, do not cough on others and wash their hands. Even the CDC has said over and over again that if you maintain your distance, you are unlikely to be infected. They even said that even if you are close to an infected, it takes a few minutes of conversing with them in close proximity to be vulnerable to their infection. You know that drill. Besides, everyone knows that these cheap and homemade masks give little protection, and act more as a placebo.
"After all, we went a year without vaccinations". True - time didn't stop. What stopped were the hearts of approximately 500,000 US citizens. It is estimated the 300,000 did NOT have to die if US people had taken the virus seriously. WE blew our response! 50 states went their own direction. Leaders were less than diligent and NOT looking out for US citizens. It was a cluster-frig. Average citizens were NOT patriotic - they listened to nobody or fools like Dr.Atlas. Looking back and forward we need LESS phony individual rights and MORE group consideration! It takes teamwork to beat a strong Pandemic enemy. Look at how India has had a backsliding on their approach to CV. Even in the US - "it is NOT over till it's over"!
Old 04-28-2021, 06:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
We were well into the AIDS epidemic before they narrowed down the methods of transfer. And if you still believe you can get Covid “walking down the street” then you really are clueless...
What if someone sneezed and the wind blew the droplets into your face? Sneezes can travel 15 ft!
Old 04-28-2021, 06:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
And meanwhile, Tucker Carlson on Fox News, said that if you see children wearing masks, you should call the police and report the parents for child abuse. He also urged viewers to harass strangers for wearing masks. And a private school in Miami is saying that it is now against school policy for teachers and/or students to get vaccinated. Yikes! The world is full of idiots.
You are right. I saw that show. It seemed designed to cause chaos and wedges between US citizens. I think that is unpatriotic.
Old 04-28-2021, 07:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
For those of you who are Fox fans, you probably will not like this, but as an avid Fox watcher from the 90’s, and stopped watching because this was surely the future (facts is I was thrilled when the network began),
But Golfingeagles mentioned the producer, and this. May just be the games that started a few years ago on that network,.

This is part of an opinion piece from someone who was a regular on the network. Just a game to divide us, and keep everyone fighting.

The more likely scenario is that, like much of what Carlson says on Fox, this is itself a hoax, a trick played on his own viewers to see how gullible they are, and a ploy to see how outraged he can make the rest of us. Like I said, high-level trolling — just because he can.
Lest you doubt this interpretation, I remind you that Fox’s own lawyers have argued this — that Carlson says things that are intentionally false, and you, the viewer, should be able to tell that from the “general tenor” of the show.

As the U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil wrote in an opinion dismissing a lawsuit against Carlson and Fox, “Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson’s reputation, any reasonable viewer ‘arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism’ about the statements he makes.”
It’s a good warning, and one that should perhaps accompany every Carlson broadcast.

Tucker Carlson’s disgusting new low - New York Daily News
It's past time for government oversight on shows like that. If they can't stick to real facts then they are JUST propaganda. Propaganda could destroy America!
Old 04-28-2021, 07:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

We seem to be way off topic and trending into politics.

A little more on topic, a repeating theme in this thread seems to be that people don't see a point in getting a vaccination since there is so little chance they will get it, and so little chance that they will die if they do get it.

I guess I have to ask, is that the same small chance the 550,000 that died had?
Old 04-28-2021, 07:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
Maybe some folks do, I certainly don't and no one I know does. I am very critical of all media.

I saw Tucker's comments and I don't think he was being sarcastic.
True. He was NOT being sarcastic.
Old 04-28-2021, 07:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:

A little more on topic, a repeating theme in this thread seems to be that people don't see a point in getting a vaccination since there is so little chance they will get it, and so little chance that they will die if they do get it.

I contend that the entire vaccine debate is probably 75% political.

See if the next thing we are told to,"fear" is the vaccine "passport.

Last edited by Bucco; 04-28-2021 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-28-2021, 08:41 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:

Nope. Of those 550,000 87% were overweight or obese. Each had an average of 2.6 comorbidities. If you aren’t overweight or obese the chance of being hospitalized, at my age is 4/100’s of 1%. And since I don’t have heart disease, lung disease or diabetes it’s considerably lower than that...
Closed Thread

Tags
herd, immunity, defense, anti-vaxxers, wrench

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.