From Dr Mercola....Holidays with Covid...this is such an important reminder..

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2020, 05:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I was replying to Orange Blossom Baby, not you.
Sorry...did not know about private conversations in the public forum.

Learn something each day in this life
Old 11-13-2020, 06:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,163 Times in 1,925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
I've seen plenty of practicing physicians - doctors who actually care for patients every day in Primary Care, Urgent Care, ER say that this virus has been overblown. Big time.

Hospitals are not and never have been overwhelmed by this thing. Bodies are not piling up in the street. There is evidence to suggest that cloth masks and all of the hyper sanitizing and distancing that people are doing could very well be doing more harm than good. It could actually have some very serious consequences for our immune systems.

I have heard sad tales about children, teenagers and young adults who have been isolated inside their homes away from people their age since the beginning of this. They go to school virtually. They play video games and talk on social media but that's about the extent of their lives. They are missing out on so much fun and they will never get that time back. It's sad but their parents have bought into the fear hook, line and sinker and they think that they are keeping their kids "safe". That isn't safe.
I do not believe that for a second. I have seen countless health care workers on TV news casts, near or in tears, pleading with the American people to abide by the guidelines. They claim they are overwhelmed caring for the Covid ill patients.
I believe what I see and I've seen that many times.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
Some researchers and doctors say that Mercola steers patients away from proven treatments and peddles pseudoscientific misinformation on topics such as flu shots and fluoridation. In their view, he is resurrecting old myths, such as the threat posed by mercury in dental fillings, and promoting new ones, such as the notion that microwave ovens emit harmful radiation. “The information he’s putting out to the public is extremely misleading and potentially very dangerous,” opines Dr. Stephen Barrett, who runs the medical watchdog site Quackwatch.org. “He exaggerates the risks and potential dangers of legitimate science-based medical care, and he promotes a lot of unsubstantiated ideas and sells [certain] products with claims that are misleading.”

Some of the articles on Mercola’s site, Barrett and others say, seem to be as much about selling the wide array of products offered there—from Melatonin Sleep Support Spray ($21.94 for three 0.85-ounce bottles) to Organic Sea Buckthorn Anti-Aging Serum ($22 for one ounce)—as about trying to inform. (Your tampon “may be a ticking time bomb,” he tells site visitors—but you can buy his “worry-free” organic cotton tampons for the discounted price of $7.99 for 16.) Steven Salzberg, a prominent biologist, professor, and researcher at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, calls Mercola “the 21st-century equivalent of a snake-oil salesman.”
And do you think not think that every entity in this world doesn’t have haters and biased for some reason? I cannot stand several news networks along with 70 million others, so I don’t go on them, because I find them misleading...you have that option, this is not communist China. ...so your response really isn’t validated ...also do you know it’s perfectly legal to endorse your own products, like this MD, it’s called making a living...and those complaining maybe his competitors, did that occur to you...
Old 11-14-2020, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
And do you think not think that every entity in this world doesn’t have haters and biased for some reason? I cannot stand several news networks along with 70 million others, so I don’t go on them, because I find them misleading...you have that option, this is not communist China. ...so your response really isn’t validated ...also do you know it’s perfectly legal to endorse your own products, like this MD, it’s called making a living...and those complaining maybe his competitors, did that occur to you...
And, what do the real medical doctors think?
Old 11-14-2020, 02:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,299 Times in 820 Posts

Just in case you missed this :

"Dr. Joseph Mercola is a family physician living in north eastern Florida coast and stopped seeing patients in 2007 to focus on his website, mercola.com which has been the most visited natural health site on the web since 2004."

He sells vitamins and health supplements.
Old 11-14-2020, 04:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Ah yes, I have one of those types of doctors. Mine is an international medical (university) expert (did not get his degrees from a Cracker Jack box) with a great line of vitamins he sells. He has his own brand. He is also an editor to the Homeopath encyclopedia. About 10 years ago he did a blood test on me and said I have M protein and indicated I may have 5 years left to live. I almost died of fright right there and then. I was there to get some vitamins.

About two weeks later, still shaking, I visited a highly respected oncologist, who said I had absolutely nothing to worry about. Still true today. I went back to my original doctor who was quite surprised that I was still alive and healthy too.

Personally, I like more than one opinion when something is significant. I mean I get several quotes just to install kitchen cabinets. Anyone can make a mistake.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,454 Times in 3,085 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post

"Dr. Joseph Mercola is a family physician living in north eastern Florida coast and stopped seeing patients in 2007 to focus on his website, mercola.com which has been the most visited natural health site on the web since 2004."

He also sells and promotes alt-med quackery in the form of ingesting liquid silver solution (which does nothing other than turn your skin and pupils permanently blue), promotes medical anti-pharmaceutical conspiracies (you only "need" heart meds because Big Pharma pays your doctor to prescribe them!"), and pure quackery such as suggesting that snorting whippets ( laughing gas, nitrous oxide) is a viable treatment for COVID-19.

You need to stay far, far away from this website, if you even THINK you might actually need medical care, for anything, ever.

The only thing it's useful for is satisfying your morbid curiosity of "things that idiots actually believe, and the guy who profits from it."
Old 11-14-2020, 09:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,163 Times in 1,925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post

In other words.....he is a quack.
Old 11-15-2020, 05:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,354 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
He also sells and promotes alt-med quackery in the form of ingesting liquid silver solution (which does nothing other than turn your skin and pupils permanently blue), promotes medical anti-pharmaceutical conspiracies (you only "need" heart meds because Big Pharma pays your doctor to prescribe them!"), and pure quackery such as suggesting that snorting whippets ( laughing gas, nitrous oxide) is a viable treatment for COVID-19.

You need to stay far, far away from this website, if you even THINK you might actually need medical care, for anything, ever.

The only thing it's useful for is satisfying your morbid curiosity of "things that idiots actually believe, and the guy who profits from it."
It's the same when you read the nonsense from the anti-vaccine brigade regarding insertion of micro chips inside the vaccinations, or Bill Gates trying to kill off the world population.
The sad thing is the numbers of seemingly normal people who actually believe the BS!
Sad world.
Closed Thread

Tags
age, pandemic, months, residents, 61%

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.