An expert talks about face-masks

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2020, 07:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windguy View Post
How was Y2K a joke? We took action to prevent something bad from happening and the bad thing didn’t happen. Isn’t that great news?

You know, if you don’t eat, you will starve to death. The fact that you are now alive does not mean that eating was unnecessary.

SMH
If by "taking action" you mean that people who worked in the computer tech field spent Dec 31 1999 at work monitoring their systems to see if calamity would strike at the stroke of midnight (it didn't)...then, yeah, they took action.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagerjjm View Post
I have no idea whether she knows anything or everything because I profess no medical knowledge.

"i do know she represents an activist group in Michigan who had their account shut down (I think they have re emerged with a new name now).

YOUTUBE has videos on anything you want....not the place to get medical advice......"

Tammy K. Herrema is actively involved with the Stand Up Michigan group which supported the armed right wing groups demanding the reopening of the state of Michigan. She is NOT a medical professional and medical advice should be coming from medical professionals, not people with a political narrative and no medical experience. She should be fired from O.S.H.A. if she already has not been.

I could make a video saying that I am a Doctor or a Priest and put it up on You Tube. I bet some would foolishly believe me and take any advice I give as gospel.
Relying on YOUTUBE, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, etc. for news or reality is truely a fools errand
Old 07-09-2020, 09:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
The fact is, even lousy masks, if they are worn correctly, slow forward air flow and can stop a lot of it. Good ones can stop a lot more and slow most of the rest. They can slow it coming in as well as going out. Are they perfect? No. Are they better than no masks when you are standing near people talking with them? Definitely! I’d rather be 90% safe than 0% safe.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:15 AM

I stuff mine with medicinal and aromatic herbs. (Love the Rosemary) Keeps the stench and virus at bay. It’s a little bulky but it works. Kinda looks like a long beaked bird. You know the thing. Like the masks they wore during the plagues of the 14th century.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:15 AM
Default Mask's intentions

We were told that cloth masks might catch some of the moisture droplets from the air. It was always claimed the virus could get through. It still might offer some protection.
The real reason for a mask is to protect others from your breath droplets.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:19 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

...we've used facemasks for years now - especially making withdrawls when "banking".
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	bank.jpg
Views:	874
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	85152  
Old 07-09-2020, 10:50 AM
Veteran member
Default watched the whole thing, she neglected one major fact

Spores do not travel alone.

Fact check: N95 filters are not too large to stop COVID-19 particles
Old 07-09-2020, 11:48 AM
Default Masks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
When seat belts first came out people wouldn't wear them, they thought they would prevent them from getting out of the car in the case of an accident. My father thought that were a good idea and went out and bought them to install in our car. Since people weren't wearing seat belts the government required air bags to be installed in cars. Now people put on their seat belts without a second thought. After many years of sear belt use it's been proven that seat belts save lives.

Think of a mask as an early seat belt and save lives.
Very good post. You are spot on!!!
Old 07-09-2020, 01:43 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSkol View Post
Interesting read. Thank you.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Tammy Herrera Clark is an owner of a private business and teaches some companies how to use safety equipment and is also involved with "Stand Up Michigan" which is an activist group that protested against the governors orders to quarantine.
I wonder if she taught them to put masks on their guns, or silencers.
Closed Thread

Tags
face-masks, narrative, tammy, herrema, clark

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.