False Advertising

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2022, 11:11 AM

I bought a pair of slippers at the sale price & they are wonderful. Not worth 150 wonderful but 50 was a good price. I love the pillows, just bought another & received a second. Neck pain gone.
Old 07-24-2022, 12:00 PM

The pillows are junk. US workers tear up Chinese foam and sell them at greatly inflated prices - that way they can offer “Made in USA” at huge discounts. Get a real quality down pillow and you will be blown away at what you’re missing.

PT Barnum would be impressed that we have a generation of con men running the show. We deserve better than this marketing stupidity.
Old 07-24-2022, 01:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
We almost never watch live tv programs. Record anything we’d like to see a day before. We have DIRECTV. Tons of hard drive space. And the remote allows easy fast forward at diff speeds. And a key for 20 seconds forward I find that’s great for football. Press after a play ends and almost go right to the next. But especially the crap commercials. We never watch and skip over; the only time in a year we watch them is Super Bowl.

Re ads support the paper, duh. My point was the very expensive full page, sometimes 4 full pages like hearing aids, with so much text….
I try to never watch commercials. Some are humorous the 1st time you see them, but not a steady diet of commercials. The main thing that I hate is that the volume is jacked up by the network for commercials. There was a law passed about 1990 to prevent that from happening. However, it was somehow blocked and put in force........too bad!
Old 07-24-2022, 05:04 PM
Default Try again….

It seems obvious most people/institutions attack the guy because of his conservative politics and little else. Vendors of MANY types have been advertising a retail price versus a “value” price that is typically much higher. It is not against any law nor is it false advertising if a “comparable” product exists for dollars similar to the higher price. I’m sure we’ve all seen overpriced items at some point in our lives. The person in question actually offers a decent product at a market price similar to what others sell similar items. If you don’t like his products, or him, simply don’t buy them.
Old 07-24-2022, 07:54 PM

What about the daytime ad with two guys kissing and flerting to sell 'hide that you have AIDS' drugs ?
I turn off the set on those. Even fox13 on their live 9 to 10 am news show has that crap.
Old 07-26-2022, 12:50 PM
Default My Pillow Products

I have bought several products from Mike and they are terrific. Pillows, slippers and towels..........especially the towels. I dry off my head and it sucks the water right out of my eye socket!!...Only kidding folks, simmer down, but they are GREAT.I repeat the phrase every morning I use them. The slippers are great too, paid $99....settled for a different color than the tan but very well constructed and comfortable. Yeah he's on Fox a lot but the other liberal channels have a vendetta against him, that's why he wears his cross out in front to rile them up. So the blogger who called the businesses advertising on Fox as dregs. Really?....Coke, Niki etc. kneeling for the National Anthem, China supporters, I'll take the dregs any day of the week...just say'n.
Old 07-26-2022, 01:59 PM
Veteran member

Consumer Reports rated pillows and their recommendations are unbiased and based upon
a consistent scientific testing method.

Sleep on this: Consumer Reports rates the best pillows for better sleep
Closed Thread

Tags
false, advertising, free, $140, slippers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.