Federal Judge Sides with NCL

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2021, 08:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
That's one hell of a cop out. You first..
I can't afford it. That's the only reason we're not booking a trip for next season.

Being vaccinated is a huge relief to both of us. It means we have a lower risk of getting sick in the first place. We might get the virus - but our risk of having bad symptoms is much lower. We're eager to go on a cruise. Soon as we can afford it.

Now put up or - stop buggin me.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:53 PM

Cruise ships are germ incubators. This is one industry that shouldn't have come back. Even before COVID, they were the source of every nasty virus out there. Remember all those ships quarantined because of outbreaks of Norovirus? That happened often, as well as other nasty diseases. My friend went on a cruise to Hawaii and got so sick that on the way back the ship had to make an emergency dock in Mexico so she could be taken off the ship in a stretcher and taken by ambulance first to a Mexican hospital and then across the border to an American one.
Old 08-09-2021, 09:08 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I can't afford it. That's the only reason we're not booking a trip for next season.

Being vaccinated is a huge relief to both of us. It means we have a lower risk of getting sick in the first place. We might get the virus - but our risk of having bad symptoms is much lower. We're eager to go on a cruise. Soon as we can afford it.

Now put up or - stop buggin me.
You started.............
Old 08-09-2021, 09:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post
Cruise ships are germ incubators. This is one industry that shouldn't have come back. Even before COVID, they were the source of every nasty virus out there. Remember all those ships quarantined because of outbreaks of Norovirus? That happened often, as well as other nasty diseases. My friend went on a cruise to Hawaii and got so sick that on the way back the ship had to make an emergency dock in Mexico so she could be taken off the ship in a stretcher and taken by ambulance first to a Mexican hospital and then across the border to an American one.
We watched a Coast Guard helicopter send a cage down to pick up a guy who had a heart attack the night before, because there was no helipad on the ship or a spot large enough for the helicopter to land. That was during a storm on our way home from Bermuda our last cruise, a few years ago. His wife was still on the ship when he was air-lifted to the hospital in the States. We found out later that he died.

We STILL want to go on another cruise.
Old 08-09-2021, 09:13 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Well there's a leap.
Don't be too sure about that.............well it is just France..........
It’s just a slippery slope argument..until it’s not : NoNewNormal
Old 08-09-2021, 09:30 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Not quite but almost. Some cruise lines have ID bands for the vaccinated passengers to wear so they are easily identified and are allowed admittance to "vaccinated ONLY" areas of the ship. They also have their cruise ship card identify them as vaccinated.
Thank goodness you can't buy a fake COVID vaccination card. Just like every dog that is in an establishment is a true service dog.
Old 08-09-2021, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Thank goodness you can't buy a fake COVID vaccination card. Just like every dog that is in an establishment is a true service dog.

Hey, you can buy a fake EVERYTHING!
Old 08-10-2021, 12:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

We are booked for next year. good to see that proof is needed to go. no different than cities requiring proof before they let anyone inside a building
Old 08-10-2021, 01:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S=kBlogW View Post
I wanna go on the soon to be covid survivors superior immunity cruises.

No vaxxers allowed!

Added benefit, most of the cruisers will be younger, slimmer, and better looking.
Do the statistics show that Covid survivors are not having re-infections at all with the Delta variant? Are they completely immune to variants?

Breakthrough infections of vaccinated people are extremely low according to this report. Vaccinated cruises still seem to be extremely safe with these kind of numbers........

More than 99.99% of fully vaccinated people have not had a severe breakthrough case, CDC data suggests
Old 08-10-2021, 01:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
I'll bet you most of the "vaccers" here that talk big about going on a cruise won't...they don't trust their pokes.
I would go on a cruise in a heart beat as I do very much trust the mRNA vaccine that I was given. I don't fear Covid being completely vaccinated but I would imagine not everyone feels as I do.

What I don't trust are the pesky safety protocols that change at the drop of a hat depending on how many people test positive during the cruise. There have been reports from folks who have been on ships lately that mask mandates for everyone on board have gone into effect mid cruise even if the protocol was no masking for vaxxed at the beginning of the cruise. There are also protocols for social distancing that have been implemented mid cruise and that just messes things up too as far as being able to attend activities and such. Another pesky protocol is if you are traced to a Covid positive person on board or an excursion, you are placed in quarantine until you have a negative test result and you will be put off the ship at the nearest port if you test positive. Why pay for this type of vacation? We just won't do it.

We will wait to cruise at this point when things settle down and the industry can offer a more consistent experience. We are not willing to pay for a vacation where we have to mask up when we don't do that in our every day life now.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post
Sorry to hear about your friend. It helps to have a good immune system to begin with to keep safe on a cruise ship. That buffet just might get ya. Having said that, after more than 40 cruises together, neither hubby or I have ever gotten sick on a cruise. I know there is always the first time but we are careful and always do the "washy washy" thing on board to prevent a norovirus illness.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
We watched a Coast Guard helicopter send a cage down to pick up a guy who had a heart attack the night before, because there was no helipad on the ship or a spot large enough for the helicopter to land. That was during a storm on our way home from Bermuda our last cruise, a few years ago. His wife was still on the ship when he was air-lifted to the hospital in the States. We found out later that he died.

We STILL want to go on another cruise.
We had a passenger needing evacuation on one of our cruises also when we were in Canadian waters. Medical emergencies happen on the sea just as much as on land. Never stopped us from cruising after that either. We found out the passenger survived thank goodness.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
People that sell or purchase fake vaccine cards are criminals.
Old 08-10-2021, 03:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I'm fully vaccinated, so is my husband. I'll get the 3rd shot from Pfizer if it's implemented here, and I'll drag my spouse to get a second J&J it ever becomes necessary and available.

We liked NCL when we went on our honeymoon, but I've heard it's not *as* nice as it used to be. Maybe if they start offering smaller ships so people don't have to choose between one mega ship and another, we'll sail on them again.
Really, I’ve cruised, Crystal, Cunard, Azamara, Celebrity, Holland America, and NCL. NCL, is my favorite! The ship I was on was smaller and in 2019. I’ve never been on a mega ship at all.
Old 08-10-2021, 03:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I'll bet you most of the "vaccers" here that talk big about going on a cruise won't...they don't trust their pokes.
Good, they shouldn’t! Thanks to all those anti-vaxxers, we can no longer trust the vaccine. As stated by all medical experts.
Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, safe, crew, passengers, federal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.