Florida begins Phase 3 re-opening plan immediately

Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2020, 02:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
I remember the good old days when watching black and white TV. I remember Beaver saying "but Johnny down the street is allowed to do it...." What's Germany have to do with us? Nothing is the correct answer.
Exactly. Germany, a country the size of Montana.
Old 09-27-2020, 03:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
I remember the good old days when watching black and white TV. I remember Beaver saying "but Johnny down the street is allowed to do it...." What's Germany have to do with us? Nothing is the correct answer.
Nothing is also the correct answer to, "what will help you if you are NOT paying attention?"
Old 09-27-2020, 03:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tblue View Post
I am not an anti masker. I am more factual. Google the size of the virus and the weave of mask, the science is mask do no protect the person wearing the mask. As far a stopping the wearer of the mask from spreading it in vapor droplets, no one knows how much of the virus is attached to vapor droplets and just how much is stopped by a mask. Some of your vapor from breathing goes out around the nose, sides and bottom of the mask. Yes the mask does stop some of the virus in vapor, how much we don't know. In reality everyone fiddles with there mask, touches their masks and reuse their mask, so just maybe any good being done by stopping some of virus spread into your mask you most likely handled the mask over and over and putting you hands in contact with who knows what. Again I am not an anti masker.
There are many videos on You Tube of action shots of the droplets with no mask and with a mask. There are some but not many going downward (to the ground where they are not very harmful). You can also see the distance without a mask that a sneeze travels. Then, judge for yourself.
Old 09-27-2020, 03:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Seems to me that being "selfish" in this case is those that demand that business be closed or fit their standards. I care for my neighbors so I tell them to stay home if they feel threatened. I think it is selfish to demand that people remain unemployed because someone feels that the threat of a spooky virus might-might-might be around and infect those that are perfectly fine with taking the chance. Maybe I have it wrong and the REAL reason that some want the businesses to go bankrupt-close and the economy to tank is really Politically based.
That is a huge stretch.
Old 09-27-2020, 03:50 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Delaying the virus is the same as saying "saving lives". Are you against saving lives? Maybe they opened too early and they will learn from that. Their total deaths will be lower than the US's when and if this Plague is ever over. The US is learning NOTHING from other countries.
OMG. Delaying the Virus means it is STILL going to infect people. The science is irrefutable. All one has to do is look at what is happening today in the EU and UK.
Old 09-27-2020, 03:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
I believe that your FL governor is doing this for one main reason. Sorry I know we aren't suppose to be political on here but ... I believe FL is going to be a key state in determining the next president. FL opens up to 100%, kids back in school, life back to "normal" is exactly what Trump is pushing and the FL governor doing what he can to promote. I hope it goes well, we need to get back to normal. If your FL experiment goes well, Trump re-elected. If it doesn't, more people will suffer. Let the experiment begin.
Our "Florida Experiment"?? So, are you from Moscow or Beijing, since you obviously are not from TV?

Last edited by Aloha1; 09-27-2020 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-27-2020, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
There are many videos on You Tube of action shots of the droplets with no mask and with a mask. There are some but not many going downward (to the ground where they are not very harmful). You can also see the distance without a mask that a sneeze travels. Then, judge for yourself.

I wear the thinnest mask I could find. Not for protection, but to make scaredy cats feel safe when I am around them. And I just smile at the folks in Publix or Walmart that are maskless. Of course they can't see my smile. Since 99.4% of those infected recover from the virus, I figure I have a better chance of getting bit by a poisonous snake and dying.
Old 09-27-2020, 03:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
IMHO, you have it wrong. I have been a proponent of mask wearing to BOOST the economy. If more people wore masks and socially distanced PROPERLY, that will make the more vulnerable feel more safe to be out and about. More safe to go to restaurants and spend their money. More safe to live life and get this economy back to where it was pre-Covid.

I understand what you folks are saying that 50% capacity is not enough for a service establishment to make a profit. I get it. I just wish there were an easier and safer way to open these establishments at 100% occupancy.
It is up to the businesses to innovate to the changing economic and social environment, that the CV has FOREVER changed. They have no choice. And the CV may change into a more not less deadly Plague. Let us hope that it evolves into a less deadly disease
Old 09-27-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
They used contact tracing via an individual’s cell phone. You would be okay with a government entity tracking your whereabouts 24x7? Specific to South Korea, They also confiscated medical supplies from commercial companies and as yet there has not been a final decision on the repayment methods. You’re okay with that too?
Dr. Fauci said it and I agree. After Pearl Harbor and 9/11, the country and the leadership were united in our unified response. That's how the dept of homeland security was created despite so many concerns regarding civil liberty. With possible death of 1M Americans, we should have thought hard and made a united decision, not leaving it to each states where anyone can cross the state borders at will.
Old 09-27-2020, 03:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
Just compare per 1,000 residents. That would just take basic arithmetic.
Old 09-27-2020, 03:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
Just compare each country per 1,000 residents. I would take only basic arithmetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
One can only hope the vaccine and herd immunity will get it done.
Herd immunity requires 60-70% of population to have antibody. Are you willing accept 200M Americans infected with COVID? How many will be sick and how many will die?
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
There's already been mutations of the virus and I'm afraid, just like the flu shot, the "Covid vaccine" will not be perfect. People are getting reinfected after having it once, so that's a big tell tale sign we may not get full control of this for quite a while.
That has been debunked.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
So, if I don't feel safe going out to eat I should stay home. OK, but, if you go out to eat and come in contact with someone that is asymptomatic and you get the virus, and you are one of the "lucky" ones that is also asymptomatic, how many people will you spread it to with no clue that you are doing so? How many will die because you felt safe and wanted to support the economy.
Remember the Ford Pinto? There was a problem with the design, if it was jit in the rear a bolt could go into the gas tank and cause the car to burst into flames. Ford determined that it was cheaper to pay off the families of people who died then to recall the car to fix the problem.

I guess it's cheaper to let people die then to close down (or at least restrict) the economy.
Sounds like a whole lot of "what if's"
At least 50% of drivers of autos and golf carts over 60yo should not be driving either. It's not safe and they are putting everyone at risk.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
I don't see how you are going to "die" if you don't frequent the establishment. Maybe I got the whole thing wrong. I did not see a mandate that stipulated that one MUST eat out. I don't drink, but I still have the option to eat at places that serve alcohol or not. I did not see the part of the Governor's mandate that said one MUST eat out at least once a month. Am I being selfish if I eat out when others are too afraid to leave their homes without a biohazard suit?
It could be considered selfish, since the definition of being selfish is thinking only about one's self and NOT being considerate for others. A restaurant that does NOT mandate masks is a selfish restaurant. Phase 3, in general, could be considered to be selfish. A state that does NOT mandate mask could be considered selfish. There is plenty of SELFISH going around here!
Closed Thread

Tags
florida, phase, opening, past, occupancy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.