Florida Has More Covid Cases than Most Countries

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2020, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelhunter View Post
I thought as much also although the death rate is climbing Yesterday was 132
I am not very concerned. I look at the amount of deaths attributed to COVID19 in the Sumter Co. area of the Villages. The last I checked, it was no higher than 8 or 9 deaths total. Only one in the last couple of weeks. There are a lot of seniors living in the Sumter Co. portion of the Villages, so the chances are pretty low that I will catch it and if I do, perish from it. Selfish? Most of us are more concerned about our own family before others.
We have more infected because we are finding out by testing hundreds more than before. Look at the line of those waiting at Laurel Manor or at one of the other places. I had to go inside of CVS to get my wife's meds because of the long drive up line waiting to be tested. Most of those tested have NO symptoms and never will.
Tell me that the death rate explodes and I will be concerned. Tell me that the hospital beds in The Villages are full of infected, then I will be concerned. Otherwise, it's all just Mass Hysteria as far as I am concerned.

Wear your mask, gloves, eye protection and wash your hands and you will feel much better about it.

Last edited by Byte1; 07-15-2020 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 03:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom2172 View Post
Problem is are they real
Fox 35 Orlando discovered some sites were reporting all people tested were positive for Covid when they were not positive
It’s an election year nothing is real
Verify verify verify more important than trust
My house cleaner went for a test with several others but after registering they could not wait until they got the test and went home. But no problem they all received notices that they tested positive.
Old 07-15-2020, 03:07 PM

I think our ultimate goal, as a civilization, is to develop herd immunity. In order to do that, we need for citizens to acquire Covid-19 slowly enough to not overwhelm our hospitals. As with any pandemic, people will die. It is a fact. Regardless of what the media tells you we are successfully accomplishing that goal. It is the only way because Covid-19 will be here next year, the year after that, and so on. It very well may be years before an effective inoculation in available. We need to face reality. We need to reopen businesses before we totally ruin our economy. And people will die as they do in every pandemic.
Old 07-15-2020, 03:07 PM

FLORIDA:
Population: 21.48 million
Covid cases: 292,000
Covid deaths 4408

NY
Population: 8.39 thousand
Covid cases: 408.000
Covid deaths: 32,092

UK
Population: 66.65 million
Covid deaths: 45,053

Now, tell me how badly Florida is doing. I would think number of deaths count.
Old 07-15-2020, 03:21 PM
Default COVID deaths of people who get Social Security

The government has always wanted to cutback on Social Security. Well it seems to me they are doing just that. Seniors are dying and some children being forced to go back to school collect social security disability. I would love to know the stats on this. Florida has many Americans who fall into these categories.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:08 PM

Two things occurred today to indicate that case numbers are inflated. First, the CDC said that northerners are coming south to vacation and are increasing the number of cases. Secondly, over 300 testing centers in Florida have had a 100% positivity rate... an impossibility. That means that EVERYONE they tested was infected. Excuse my French, BULL. More people die in car accidents than form the "bug," but that didn't shut down a thriving economy. For French coming &$#*@!
Old 07-15-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailohio View Post
I think our ultimate goal, as a civilization, is to develop herd immunity. In order to do that, we need for citizens to acquire Covid-19 slowly enough to not overwhelm our hospitals. As with any pandemic, people will die. It is a fact. Regardless of what the media tells you we are successfully accomplishing that goal. It is the only way because Covid-19 will be here next year, the year after that, and so on. It very well may be years before an effective inoculation in available. We need to face reality. We need to reopen businesses before we totally ruin our economy. And people will die as they do in every pandemic.
How do you know that herd immunity is even possible. Do you know that if you get COVID-19 you are permanently protected, that the antibodies are so long lasting. Will the virus mutate? Why do we need annual flu vaccines and have not developed herd immunity? So much is not known and we need to trust medical experts to develop strategies, treatments and vaccinations.
Old 07-15-2020, 05:42 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathiehines View Post
FLORIDA:
Population: 21.48 million
Covid deaths 4408

NY
Population: 8.39 thousand
Covid cases: 408.000
Covid deaths: 32,092

UK
Population: 66.65 million
Covid deaths: 45,053

Now, tell me how badly Florida is doing. I would think number of deaths count.
This chart says it all:

ny-fl-jpg
Old 07-15-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
On a list of 235 countries in order by population, Florida would be placed 58th.

Florida has a larger population than most countries.
Florida would be 58th in population, but 9th in number of cases excluding the U.S.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYer View Post
Florida would be 58th in population, but 9th in number of cases excluding the U.S.
Now that all information will not go to CDC, but rather to "others", we will see a rapid reduction in cases.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:54 PM

False. Numbers are completely inaccurate.
Old 07-16-2020, 07:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

when I was diagnosed with a very aggressive and unpredictable form of cancer back in 1990 and given an 11% chance...I focused in on all the numbers, the averages, the statistics, trying to out-guess what the doctors were telling me and beat the odds... was driving me crazy. Then one day I realized that the only statistic, the only numbers that really meant ANYTHING to me were my own...that made all the difference. I took control back.

you wanna beat the odds...play it safe...we all know exactly what to do...stop letting the media and all these conflicting reports get to you....you don't know how much of it is accurate anyway...so take control back

how's that song go, don't worry, be happy....(but play it safe)
Old 07-18-2020, 06:39 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrodmh View Post
False. Numbers are completely inaccurate.
Then there was the guy in Fl that died from a motorcycle accident listed as a covid-19 death.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:04 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelhunter View Post
It would be helpful if you provided any positive ideas that you have regarding this virus
My positive idea is you have the power of choice. You can stay home, isolated, as long as you care. I have no problem with that. You can also choose to not stay home but reconnect with the world at your own risk. I have no problem with that as long as you have the courtesy to wear a mask when inside a store or in areas where you cannot maintain a six foot distance from others.
You also have the power to decide "the bug ain't gonna get me", and live life with wild abandon. I WILL have a problem with that if come near me but I will thank you for volunteering to help us reach herd immunity faster.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:06 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
What is the purpose of posting that California had to close down???? My take is that the purpose is to convey to those who refuse to wear masks that Florida is heading toward another lock down if people do not do their part to slow the spread of the virus. It happened to California and it can happen here too.

I have been saying all along that if we do not do our part to slow the virus, our economy is not going to recover. "Our part" meaning wear a mask in public when social distancing is not guaranteed. I have never been a proponent of mask wearing OUTDOORS when it is easy to distance yourself. Wearing a mask INDOORS is imperative, IMHO, when you are unable to distance yourself from others.
I agree with your last paragraph. I do not agree that Cali should have shut down. You will never get everyone there to follow "rules".

Tags
cases, florida, states, state, escalation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.