Foreigners coming to Florida for to be vaccinated

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2021, 11:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
For the love of God, learn to use a search engine.
Old 01-18-2021, 11:54 AM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I don't have a subscription to the WSJ but there is enough of this article that can be read which says Florida is vaccinating non US citizens. The vaccine is paid for my our government yet Florida is vaccinating non US citizens. How can this be?

Florida’s Covid-19 Vaccines Draw Foreigners, Snowbirds - WSJ
This seems unfair as it deprives Floridians of their first or second shots.
Old 01-18-2021, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,012 Times in 5,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Gets sillier every day. Getting your panties in a wad won't change anything......go enjoy life the best you can, your turn will come.
But sooner is better than later especially when it might save an Americans life.
Old 01-18-2021, 01:06 PM
Sage

The post I responded to said nothing about taxpayers. One more time, go and reread the post I responded to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
The taxpayers of this country paid for the vaccine and we are entitled to get it first.
Old 01-18-2021, 02:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
The taxpayers of this country paid for the vaccine and we are entitled to get it first.
I emailed Governor DeSantis just now about NON -US citizens being vaccinated here in Florida. I also questioned what will the priority be once Florida receives a supply of vaccine. Will those who have appointments for their second shot be a priority over those who have appointments for their first shot?

I doubt I will get an answer.
Old 01-18-2021, 02:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
The feds are footing the bill not the counties
We have paid Federal income tax so doesn't that count towards paying for this vaccine? NON-US Citizens have not paid any taxes here in the US. Why in the world should they be receiving our vaccine?
Old 01-18-2021, 02:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Gets sillier every day. Getting your panties in a wad won't change anything......go enjoy life the best you can, your turn will come.
I and many others here in Sumter County have appointments for our second shot. Will we receive those booster shots when the manufacturer recommends? THAT is my concern. My panties are in a wad so there is that.
Old 01-18-2021, 03:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

So this morning (too cold to play golf@7:24) went to breakfast. A older couple (maybe in late 80s) with adult kids were speaking of all the foreigners getting on busses to come and GET our vaccine at MCO yesterday.

When the older couple got up, the younger males, starting laughing, says don’t bother correcting them, not going to listen. The kids said The busses were Magical Expresses, loading going to Disney.

But don’t ever correct parents, just easier to let them think what they want. We laughed so hard, said we so understand not correcting a parent who knows better than you.

Best rumor today
Old 01-18-2021, 04:51 PM
John41

Quote:
I and many others here in Sumter County have appointments for our second shot. Will we receive those booster shots when the manufacturer recommends? THAT is my concern. My panties are in a wad so there is that.
I agree you have a right to be concerned about getting your second shot. Its not a matter to take lightly as some posters here suggest. Glad we didnt get our first shot from this fly by night outfit. And thanks for emailing Gov DeSantis regarding foreigners cutting into the vaccination line.
Old 01-18-2021, 05:31 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
I agree you have a right to be concerned about getting your second shot. Its not a matter to take lightly as some posters here suggest. Glad we didnt get our first shot from this fly by night outfit. And thanks for emailing Gov DeSantis regarding foreigners cutting into the vaccination line.
What does one consider “foreigners”? Someone from outside the US? Or are folks coming from Georgia to Florida to receive their shots considered foreigners? How about people from Puerto Rico that are now in Florida? Are they foreigners? Maybe those from Orange County are foreigners as well.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,012 Times in 5,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
What does one consider “foreigners”? Someone from outside the US? Or are folks coming from Georgia to Florida to receive their shots considered foreigners? How about people from Puerto Rico that are now in Florida? Are they foreigners? Maybe those from Orange County are foreigners as well.
Anyone who is not a citizen or have a green card should not be getting shots ahead of the rest of us.
Old 01-19-2021, 02:10 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Quote:
I don't have a subscription to the WSJ but there is enough of this article that can be read which says Florida is vaccinating non US citizens. The vaccine is paid for my our government yet Florida is vaccinating non US citizens. How can this be?

Florida’s Covid-19 Vaccines Draw Foreigners, Snowbirds - WSJ
I think it is wonderful that Florida is a place that is not selfish nor greedy. Giving is the mark of a Godly life free of prejudices. Eventually everyone on earth needs to be vaccinated to defeat this this horrible virus.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
Saferestart does not appear to be a "fly by night" outfit to me. The process was very well organized and the vaccination site was very impressive, including having three ambulances on site in the event of people having reactions to the vaccine. I do not fault Saferestart for the lack of vaccines. There is a national shortage of vaccine so we all wait now.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
NON-US Citizens are coming to Florida and have been vaccinated with our vaccine. People coming from Argentina for example.......NON-US citizens.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
I think it is wonderful that Florida is a place that is not selfish nor greedy. Giving is the mark of a Godly life free of prejudices. Eventually everyone on earth needs to be vaccinated to defeat this this horrible virus.
Absolutely DO NOT agree with your point of view. It is BS that NON-US citizens can receive our vaccine that our government has paid for BEFORE all Americans who want the vaccine are vaccinated.

Tags
florida, citizens, vaccinating, paid, vaccine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.