Foreigners coming to Florida for to be vaccinated

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2021, 02:10 PM

Thanks Jo Mar. My turn will come so I will wait.
Old 01-19-2021, 02:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Doctor, perhaps when you type in ALL CAPS at least you might wish to double check your information to see if you are WRONG. I wonder what news sources might have led you to believe that illegal entry was a felony.

Entering the US illegally is a misdemeanor not a felony. While some segments of our population see undocumented aliens as right up there with rapists, the overwhelming majority are just trying to make their lives better, like my grandfather who came here when anyone with $1 and a sponsor was allowed in. Lots of real Americans didn't want people like my grandfather here, the unwashed uneducated poor non-WASP kind of people. And that generation of immigrants made America Great.
OK, so it's a misdemeanor with up to 6 months in jail, not a felony with 12 months in jail----BFD. It's still a crime. My grandfather came in 1908 and GM in1912, Legally, with a sponsor. They immediately enrolled in citizenship and English class. Grandmother WORKED 12 hours a day, 7 days a week for $8/month. She did not get welfare, nor food stamps, nor medical care, nor did she expect anyone to hand her these things free. There were no "caravans" headed to cross the border illegally----they would have been shot---it's called enforcing a border. No border, no country. And she wasn't a "WASP"
Old 01-19-2021, 02:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Doctor, perhaps when you type in ALL CAPS at least you might wish to double check your information to see if you are WRONG. I wonder what news sources might have led you to believe that illegal entry was a felony.

Entering the US illegally is a misdemeanor not a felony. While some segments of our population see undocumented aliens as right up there with rapists, the overwhelming majority are just trying to make their lives better, like my grandfather who came here when anyone with $1 and a sponsor was allowed in. Lots of real Americans didn't want people like my grandfather here, the unwashed uneducated poor non-WASP kind of people. And that generation of immigrants made America Great.
Part 2-----

So it's OK to commit a crime if you are just trying to make your life better???
Stealing from a grocer because you're hungry??
Robbing a bank because you need rent money??
Rioting and looting because you perceived a "social injustice"??
Invading the Capitol because your candidate lost??

Either we are a nation guided by the rule of law or not. You cannot pick and choose which laws should be enforced based on whether or not you sympathize with their cause or plight.

PS: The term "undocumented" was invented by the left to mitigate the fact that they committed a crime and are here ILLEGALLY
Old 01-19-2021, 03:20 PM
Veteran member

The Villages Florida

Guatemalan officials report that some of the migrants in this weekend’s caravan carried fake COVID-19 test results. Others actually tested positive for the potentially deadly virus.

They used violence to get past soldiers at border. This will be a test for the next President. I hope he doesn't let the citizens down or there will be hundreds of thousands to follow.
Old 01-19-2021, 04:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Maybe so but it is a miserable way to die. Say good by to your loved ones on an iPad.
The "long haulers" may not die, but can have bad lives for a long, long time. And CV may cause problems that are yet unknown. Not a "walk in the park".
Old 01-19-2021, 05:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
Sadly, hate is a primitive, MINDLESS, and yet powerful emotion. I am glad that I do not have to make the decisions. Any decision, no matter what it is will receive biased objections claimed to be based on fact.

Shots for illegals? Not at all hard to get SCREAMING. Yet, do you want a person infected with covid serving you food, harvesting your food, mixing with you at the rec center.

The solutions will not be easy or inexpensive. Consumed with HATE, we are a mindless mob.
One original problem multiplies and now becomes another problem (vaccinations for undeserving individuals).
Old 01-19-2021, 05:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
Don’t get too excited. These foreigners can’t get vaccinated unless they apply and get a time and show up. I’m a citizen, and I’ve applied, but I haven’t yet received a time, and it seems that there isn’t vaccine available. If they fly in from Canada to get vaccinated and can afford it, so what? Many of these people (and it’s a very tiny number, anyway) come down and stay for a month or more waiting for their vaccinations. Meanwhile, they spend a LOT of money in Florida. That money benefits YOU! We need a lot more visitors here with a lot of money to spend on housing, restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. I know people here in Florida who have registered in their home states for the vaccine, and if they get the opportunity, they will fly or drive home to get it. This cuts both ways.

Anybody can get the vaccine. All they have to do it fill out form online. No state can ask where the came from due to HIPPI law.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I'm still not liking it and disagree.

There are a LOT of Floridians here who are NOT US citizens. They come from Canada, or the UK, South America, Cuba, Italy, India, Japan, etc. etc. etc. They RESIDE here part of the year, but maintain the citizenship of whatever country they come from, and return "home" for the other part of the year.

If the vaccine becomes available when they are eligible to receive it, they need to get it then, no matter where they are when that happens. Anyone who RESIDES in Florida when they are eligible for an available COVID vaccine, whether they are citizens or not, should be allowed to get one.
Agreed, for LEGAL residents.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Second shots MUST be given BEFORE anyone gets their first shot. Efficacy percentage depends on the second shot administered within a given time frame. Out of that time frame and the efficacy is unknown.
That is logical and reflects the science behind the vaccines.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Apparently the Canadian govt never got around to ordering more than a handful of doses.
Disagree - not the way I heard about Canadian vaccine ordering.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:14 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
That is logical and reflects the science behind the vaccines.
The Biden plan is to get the first shot to everyone first.
Second shot many months later.
Closed Thread

Tags
florida, citizens, vaccinating, paid, vaccine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.