Gabby Petito Case

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2021, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,588 Times in 5,185 Posts
Default Gabby Petito Case

Gabby Petito is all over the news because she is missing and her fiance refuses to say anything about where she may be. Obviously, if he committed a crime, the fiance has the legal right to not reveal anything that would result in his arrest and prosecution. He is following his lawyer's advice. The media and others are putting immense pressure on the fiance with unrelenting coverage of him. I suspect that he cannot even safely leave his house. I'm conflicted about this. If he is just exercising his legal rights, does the media have the right to effectively ruin his life? Should the law be changed? What do you think?
Old 09-17-2021, 12:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Gabby Petito is all over the news because she is missing and her fiance refuses to say anything about where she may be. Obviously, if he committed a crime, the fiance has the legal right to not reveal anything that would result in his arrest and prosecution. He is following his lawyer's advice. The media and others are putting immense pressure on the fiance with unrelenting coverage of him. I suspect that he cannot even safely leave his house. I'm conflicted about this. If he is just exercising his legal rights, does the media have the right to effectively ruin his life? Should the law be changed? What do you think?
It is a good thing I do not hold a position of authority, because I think he hurt her or killed her.

They have also looked into a newly wed couple who were gay who were killed at the same time. I don't remember clearly the connection, but I think I read that someone saw them arguing near where those bodies were discovered.

I really try not to do that...type things I am not sure of, but it stuck in my mind as that.

I think I also remember he was home a week without reporting her missing. I am really believing he harmed her. I wish I knew what his mindset is on homosexuality....or hers.

I have a lot of time right now to read stuff like this. I am waiting to return full blast to groups until this wave of Covid calms down. I know of a total of eight people, all Villagers who have had the break through sickness and some were REALLY sick with it.
Old 09-17-2021, 01:28 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

IMHO his actions are shameful and indicative he has something to hide.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 09-17-2021, 01:33 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,176 Times in 757 Posts

Hopefully they are not doing this for free publicity for their blog.... I can't imagine he would do that to his fiancée
Old 09-17-2021, 02:54 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

It does not hurt that the victim is young, female and attractive.

If it was a bald overweight male, the type who drives a golf car with knee hanging out, there would be zero coverage.
Old 09-17-2021, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
It does not hurt that the victim is young, female and attractive.

If it was a bald overweight male, the type who drives a golf car with knee hanging out, there would be zero coverage.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not laughing at the situation about the missing woman but what you said is funny.
Old 09-17-2021, 03:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post

No milk cartons for me.

I think the problem here is this young woman was in a bad relationship and tried to fix it by going on this journey with that guy. She probably needed friends telling her to dump that dude.
Old 09-17-2021, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,349 Times in 2,505 Posts

Hope FBI are reading this thread.
TOTV will have this case solved inside another 20+ posts!
Old 09-17-2021, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Hope FBI are reading this thread.
TOTV will have this case solved inside another 20+ posts!
Old 09-18-2021, 04:48 AM

The police are actively investigating and the fiance is a 'person of interest.' Getting a lawyer makes him more interesting almost a suspect. Time will tell.
Old 09-18-2021, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillY41 View Post
The police are actively investigating and the fiance is a 'person of interest.' Getting a lawyer makes him more interesting almost a suspect. Time will tell.
Bad feeling that she walked away and he could not find her...so he just left her roaming....went home and now has been gone since last Tues.
Old 09-18-2021, 05:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Can anyone say "Lacey Petersen"?????
Old 09-18-2021, 05:24 AM
Default Breakthrough virus

Just responding to your last paragraph. Sorry to hear of your friends getting sick. I’m just wondering, were they vaccinated? Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It is a good thing I do not hold a position of authority, because I think he hurt her or killed her.

They have also looked into a newly wed couple who were gay who were killed at the same time. I don't remember clearly the connection, but I think I read that someone saw them arguing near where those bodies were discovered.

I really try not to do that...type things I am not sure of, but it stuck in my mind as that.

I think I also remember he was home a week without reporting her missing. I am really believing he harmed her. I wish I knew what his mindset is on homosexuality....or hers.

I have a lot of time right now to read stuff like this. I am waiting to return full blast to groups until this wave of Covid calms down. I know of a total of eight people, all Villagers who have had the break through sickness and some were REALLY sick with it.
Old 09-18-2021, 05:39 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele201 View Post
Just responding to your last paragraph. Sorry to hear of your friends getting sick. I’m just wondering, were they vaccinated? Thanks
Uh , that’s what breakthrough means
Old 09-18-2021, 05:46 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele201 View Post
He stated Break through cases…..means vax people have Covid….(what happens when we use a leaking vax during an outbreak)

Tags
fiance, media, petito, legal, gabby

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.