Gabby Petito Case

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-17-2021, 11:10 AM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 7,291
Thanks: 789
Thanked 6,010 Times in 2,202 Posts
Default Gabby Petito Case

Gabby Petito is all over the news because she is missing and her fiance refuses to say anything about where she may be. Obviously, if he committed a crime, the fiance has the legal right to not reveal anything that would result in his arrest and prosecution. He is following his lawyer's advice. The media and others are putting immense pressure on the fiance with unrelenting coverage of him. I suspect that he cannot even safely leave his house. I'm conflicted about this. If he is just exercising his legal rights, does the media have the right to effectively ruin his life? Should the law be changed? What do you think?
  #2  
Old 09-17-2021, 12:02 PM
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 40,003
Thanks: 4,677
Thanked 5,374 Times in 1,852 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Gabby Petito is all over the news because she is missing and her fiance refuses to say anything about where she may be. Obviously, if he committed a crime, the fiance has the legal right to not reveal anything that would result in his arrest and prosecution. He is following his lawyer's advice. The media and others are putting immense pressure on the fiance with unrelenting coverage of him. I suspect that he cannot even safely leave his house. I'm conflicted about this. If he is just exercising his legal rights, does the media have the right to effectively ruin his life? Should the law be changed? What do you think?
It is a good thing I do not hold a position of authority, because I think he hurt her or killed her.

They have also looked into a newly wed couple who were gay who were killed at the same time. I don't remember clearly the connection, but I think I read that someone saw them arguing near where those bodies were discovered.

I really try not to do that...type things I am not sure of, but it stuck in my mind as that.

I think I also remember he was home a week without reporting her missing. I am really believing he harmed her. I wish I knew what his mindset is on homosexuality....or hers.

I have a lot of time right now to read stuff like this. I am waiting to return full blast to groups until this wave of Covid calms down. I know of a total of eight people, all Villagers who have had the break through sickness and some were REALLY sick with it.
  #3  
Old 09-17-2021, 01:28 PM
manaboutown's Avatar
manaboutown manaboutown is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Posts: 5,702
Thanks: 6,220
Thanked 2,568 Times in 906 Posts
Default

IMHO his actions are shameful and indicative he has something to hide.
__________________
"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." Plato

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
  #4  
Old 09-17-2021, 01:33 PM
MrFlorida MrFlorida is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 294
Thanks: 63
Thanked 377 Times in 135 Posts
Default

Hopefully they are not doing this for free publicity for their blog.... I can't imagine he would do that to his fiancée
  #5  
Old 09-17-2021, 02:54 PM
Toymeister's Avatar
Toymeister Toymeister is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,231
Thanks: 45
Thanked 1,428 Times in 446 Posts
Default

It does not hurt that the victim is young, female and attractive.

If it was a bald overweight male, the type who drives a golf car with knee hanging out, there would be zero coverage.
  #6  
Old 09-17-2021, 02:58 PM
John Mayes John Mayes is online now
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 127
Thanks: 332
Thanked 168 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
It does not hurt that the victim is young, female and attractive.

If it was a bald overweight male, the type who drives a golf car with knee hanging out, there would be zero coverage.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not laughing at the situation about the missing woman but what you said is funny.
  #7  
Old 09-17-2021, 03:41 PM
Malsua Malsua is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 518
Thanks: 39
Thanked 665 Times in 250 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post

If it was a bald overweight male, the type who drives a golf car with knee hanging out, there would be zero coverage.
No milk cartons for me.

I think the problem here is this young woman was in a bad relationship and tried to fix it by going on this journey with that guy. She probably needed friends telling her to dump that dude.
  #8  
Old 09-17-2021, 04:06 PM
Two Bills Two Bills is online now
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 3,097
Thanks: 842
Thanked 3,815 Times in 1,240 Posts
Default

Hope FBI are reading this thread.
TOTV will have this case solved inside another 20+ posts!
  #9  
Old 09-17-2021, 04:09 PM
John Mayes John Mayes is online now
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 127
Thanks: 332
Thanked 168 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Hope FBI are reading this thread.
TOTV will have this case solved inside another 20+ posts!
  #10  
Old 09-18-2021, 04:48 AM
BillY41 BillY41 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 26
Thanks: 168
Thanked 39 Times in 14 Posts
Default

The police are actively investigating and the fiance is a 'person of interest.' Getting a lawyer makes him more interesting almost a suspect. Time will tell.
  #11  
Old 09-18-2021, 04:54 AM
drducat drducat is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 236
Thanks: 0
Thanked 284 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillY41 View Post
The police are actively investigating and the fiance is a 'person of interest.' Getting a lawyer makes him more interesting almost a suspect. Time will tell.
Bad feeling that she walked away and he could not find her...so he just left her roaming....went home and now has been gone since last Tues.
  #12  
Old 09-18-2021, 05:19 AM
golfing eagles's Avatar
golfing eagles golfing eagles is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: East Meadow NY, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Auburn NY, Lake Deaton
Posts: 8,418
Thanks: 266
Thanked 6,594 Times in 2,019 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Gabby Petito is all over the news because she is missing and her fiance refuses to say anything about where she may be. Obviously, if he committed a crime, the fiance has the legal right to not reveal anything that would result in his arrest and prosecution. He is following his lawyer's advice. The media and others are putting immense pressure on the fiance with unrelenting coverage of him. I suspect that he cannot even safely leave his house. I'm conflicted about this. If he is just exercising his legal rights, does the media have the right to effectively ruin his life? Should the law be changed? What do you think?
Can anyone say "Lacey Petersen"?????
  #13  
Old 09-18-2021, 05:24 AM
Ele201 Ele201 is offline
Member
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 56
Thanks: 121
Thanked 27 Times in 15 Posts
Default Breakthrough virus

Just responding to your last paragraph. Sorry to hear of your friends getting sick. I’m just wondering, were they vaccinated? Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It is a good thing I do not hold a position of authority, because I think he hurt her or killed her.

They have also looked into a newly wed couple who were gay who were killed at the same time. I don't remember clearly the connection, but I think I read that someone saw them arguing near where those bodies were discovered.

I really try not to do that...type things I am not sure of, but it stuck in my mind as that.

I think I also remember he was home a week without reporting her missing. I am really believing he harmed her. I wish I knew what his mindset is on homosexuality....or hers.

I have a lot of time right now to read stuff like this. I am waiting to return full blast to groups until this wave of Covid calms down. I know of a total of eight people, all Villagers who have had the break through sickness and some were REALLY sick with it.
  #14  
Old 09-18-2021, 05:39 AM
thevillages2013 thevillages2013 is online now
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 485
Thanks: 328
Thanked 553 Times in 207 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele201 View Post
Just responding to your last paragraph. Sorry to hear of your friends getting sick. I’m just wondering, were they vaccinated? Thanks
Uh , that’s what breakthrough means
  #15  
Old 09-18-2021, 05:46 AM
Eg_cruz Eg_cruz is online now
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 475
Thanks: 1,106
Thanked 772 Times in 278 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele201 View Post
Just responding to your last paragraph. Sorry to hear of your friends getting sick. I’m just wondering, were they vaccinated? Thanks
He stated Break through cases…..means vax people have Covid….(what happens when we use a leaking vax during an outbreak)
__________________
“Living is Easy with Eyes Closed”
Reply

Tags
fiance, media, petito, legal, gabby

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 AM.