Gabby Petito Case

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2021, 07:18 AM

He went “missing” Friday. Hmmmm…..
Old 09-18-2021, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike234 View Post
if it was a black person missing, they would be lucky to get a digital notice over a highway....
Trot out the race card where race has NOTHING to do with the story. Welcome to my block list.
Old 09-18-2021, 07:21 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Gabby Petito is all over the news because she is missing and her fiance refuses to say anything about where she may be. Obviously, if he committed a crime, the fiance has the legal right to not reveal anything that would result in his arrest and prosecution. He is following his lawyer's advice. The media and others are putting immense pressure on the fiance with unrelenting coverage of him. I suspect that he cannot even safely leave his house. I'm conflicted about this. If he is just exercising his legal rights, does the media have the right to effectively ruin his life? Should the law be changed? What do you think?
Its more than obvious shes dead and he killed her. Common sense. Its his girlfriend. If he had nothing to do with her disappearance then why hire a lawyer and refuse to speak to police. Yes, he has the right NOT to speak but if innocent…..why not talk??
Old 09-18-2021, 07:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassjax2 View Post
He went “missing” Friday. Hmmmm…..
According to the report I read (BBC) "My client has gone into hiding, Gabby is the missing person."
That was his lawyers quote.
Evidently crowds had gathered outside his house, chanting "Where is Gabby?"
Old 09-18-2021, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Gabby Petito is all over the news because she is missing and her fiance refuses to say anything about where she may be. Obviously, if he committed a crime, the fiance has the legal right to not reveal anything that would result in his arrest and prosecution. He is following his lawyer's advice. The media and others are putting immense pressure on the fiance with unrelenting coverage of him. I suspect that he cannot even safely leave his house. I'm conflicted about this. If he is just exercising his legal rights, does the media have the right to effectively ruin his life? Should the law be changed? What do you think?
He has an obligation as a human being to tell her family where she is. If it was your daughter I’m thinking you’d have no issue with the media “ruining” his life?
Old 09-18-2021, 07:45 AM
Default Why are you reading this post ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden View Post
Given the mess that our country is in, if you have any interest in this case whatsoever you need to rearrange your life priotities.
Why are you reading this post then and commenting ?
Old 09-18-2021, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drducat View Post
Bad feeling that she walked away and he could not find her...so he just left her roaming....went home and now has been gone since last Tues.
I have a bad feeling that he may have killed her and has left her somewhere that she’ll never be found. If he doesn’t talk and her body isn’t found he’s hoping he can get past all of this and never be charged.
Old 09-18-2021, 07:56 AM

Quote:
As of yesterday, he now is missing also. So what does that tell you?
Old 09-18-2021, 08:09 AM

Ha!
Old 09-18-2021, 08:12 AM

A few points most have missed. She was struggling with creating a YouTube blog about their travels. She also was the aggressor in the cops body cam video.
We may soon learn this is a stunt to gain views to their YouTube channel.
Old 09-18-2021, 08:30 AM
Default BS

Gabby Petito is all over the news because the news is using it to deflect from Biden and his cronies killing this country.
Old 09-18-2021, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allsport View Post
That they need a GPS.
Old 09-18-2021, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It is a good thing I do not hold a position of authority, because I think he hurt her or killed her.

They have also looked into a newly wed couple who were gay who were killed at the same time. I don't remember clearly the connection, but I think I read that someone saw them arguing near where those bodies were discovered.

I really try not to do that...type things I am not sure of, but it stuck in my mind as that.

I think I also remember he was home a week without reporting her missing. I am really believing he harmed her. I wish I knew what his mindset is on homosexuality....or hers.

I have a lot of time right now to read stuff like this. I am waiting to return full blast to groups until this wave of Covid calms down. I know of a total of eight people, all Villagers who have had the break through sickness and some were REALLY sick with it.
And now he has been missing since Tuesday.
Old 09-18-2021, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by allsport View Post
That the press can't spell "hiding"?

-Tom Petty
Old 09-18-2021, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike234 View Post
I am pretty close to shutting off Fox News also. but the alternative is worse. I have pleaded with liberals who mock Fox News and ask "well, what news do you watch?" and you know the answer to that question. silence......so, I just watch the stock market futures in the morning, and reruns of the beverly hillbillies. ya, the media is not to be trusted anymore.
I agree with you in part - there is nothing that I have found on cable TV that is not biased one way or the other. I think it's because they are so purely profit driven and all that really matters is viewing numbers. Middle of the road, both sides covered, is nothing if not boring compared to one-sided diatribes.
The cable channels also have become pretty good at blurring the line between "news" and "opinion". Anyone who thinks Rachel Maddow or Tucker Carlson are anything besides opinion/entertainment has taken the bait.
Another example - any channel that is paying more than a passing mention to the current non-story of the missing girlfriend/hiding boyfriend is not worth watching. If you don't know what I am talking about, good for you!
Closed Thread

Tags
fiance, media, petito, legal, gabby

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.