Governor shuts down bars

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2020, 06:35 PM
Default NY are testing more than ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvs21putt View Post
Because the increase in numbers is mostly from an increase in testing and many are asymptomatic or with mild symptoms brining the mortality rate down to 0.36 and falling.

NY are testing more than ever.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:40 PM
Default Common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeser View Post
Who steps in when the government has lost all common sense?
What about voters?
Old 06-28-2020, 06:51 PM

I heard from one of the entertainers that the early July opening at the squares is not happening. Numbers of Covid cases keep going up even in the Villages so no wonder.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
May seem normal and common to use put-downs in front of the Chinese Americans by the tens of thousands who are citizens of the USA.

However, it doesn't fly with me. Please call this virus by its SCIENTIFIC name, a name that does not carry racial slurs or jokes with it: Covid-19.
Chip
Sorry. Don't agree. SARS Cov-2 originated in Wuhan, China. I will continue to call it the Wuhan virus. Thank you.

Last edited by coffeebean; 06-28-2020 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-28-2020, 09:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
The good news is that the overwhelming number of people here are friendly and are looking out for each other. This site, as well as the not to be mentioned other site, seem to find joy in identifying the not so nice things and people. The good news in that is both sites represent a small portion of the total population. We have friends that are here, did the lifestyle visit for a week then rented a house for another 30 days. They have met one grumpy old man. They also travel all over this land and across the pond and made it clear this place has the friendliest people. Their philosophy is that if people annoy you disassociate yourself and here, there are plenty of nice people to connect to. We have been here six years and still find it the friendliest hometown.
GREAT POST!!! One of the best I’ve seen in a good long while. Thank you
Old 06-29-2020, 10:41 AM
Default covid

" if I want/need to avoid the the virus I know what to do."
You speak as if the wearing of masks etc, WILL stop you from catching the virus. It is not 100% sure you won't get. It just improves the chance of you not getting it.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyt View Post
If the spread of the virus was mostly from protestors then why is New York not having a huge increase like Florida and Texas??

An excellent and very germane...question and observation/point.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
im not afraid when I wear my seatbelt , I just know it will help me if I’m in accident, I’m not afraid of smoking , I just know it will help my health , I’m not afraid when I wear a mask , I just know it will help keep someone safe , if I’m infected , all worthwhile government actions
Just like laws prohibiting driving under the influence.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
why have I not seen anyone who is complaining about spike from protesters also complaining about Large political rallies and mega church gatherings that are taking place indoors , Oh I know why because they have a constitutional right , PEACEFUL PROTESTERS Not so much
Excellent and dead on...observation and statement.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:27 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Remember our old friend, Common Sense?
Common Sense, says gathering in large groups, marching shoulder to shoulder while also screaming out slogans creates an environment conducive to spreading the virus. The mantra is not just masks but social distancing also.

Common Sense, says the more you test the higher the likelihood you will find more virus positives.

Common Sense, says if you keep teen and 20 somethings cooped up for 3 months then open the bars, you should expect more cases.

Common Sense, says ALL of these are contributing to the spike in cases. So let's stop arguing over one or the other and use our Common Sense.

There is a spike. There are multiple reasons. It doesn't change the fact that we ( those of us in the vulnerable age group) need to keep doing what we're doing. It is obviously working since the script has flipped and the majority of these new positive cases are below age 35.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:00 PM

Correct UA man😀
Old 06-30-2020, 06:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

every darn day during cocktail hour I have to keep telling my wife...."six feet, if you are not wearing a mask, six feet!"
She's given me 'the salute' more than a couple of times...but we're still okay and playing it safe

ya have to laugh at all the craziness...decide how you want to play it safe...and don't let anyone bully you or put you on
a guilt trip....heck, we didn't know any of these people 4 years ago anyway, so what do I care what they say/think.

I want to be around to spend our money
Old 06-30-2020, 06:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallybowron View Post
" if I want/need to avoid the the virus I know what to do."
You speak as if the wearing of masks etc, WILL stop you from catching the virus. It is not 100% sure you won't get. It just improves the chance of you not getting it.
And maybe just as important, not passing it on to others. Now if others would wear one to protect me that would be helpful

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
governor, happened, personal, responsibility, duck

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.