Health Department Incompetence + How did the Developer's cronies cut the line?

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2021, 01:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Good Question

Yes, those that jump a line and and are illegal are in violation of the law and if they are caught should be deported as that is the law. Unfortunately, the ones who jumped the line in the case of the vaccine did so knowing it was pushing those in need out of line and avoiding consequences because they were allegedly connected. It would be reasonable to assume they grabbed the slots that would have saved 5 or 6 from dying. That is reality which a lot don't want to hear as it may upset their good day. Dramatic to say but again so is the fact that when the nurse goes to the cabinet to get the vaccine for those who are at high risk, it is gone and they are now without and some will die.
Old 01-11-2021, 02:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

If anyone knows who the next 300 victims of the virus will be, could you forward that information to the health department so they can be put at the front of the line for vaccines? And if you know who those 300 are, can you tell me where I am in the list of those to die? Saying that the five vaccinations given to the "cronies" would have prevented someone from dying is ridiculous. Over 2,000 vaccinations have been given in Sumter County, does that mean we won't see any deaths in this county for the rest of the month? Of course not.

The guidelines from the CDC are 75 and above; the guidelines from the Governor are 65 and above. I don't know the individuals and it's hard to tell from the photos but I would guess they are all over 65. So while they may have "jumped the line" to get to the front of their group, they were still vaccinated as part of their group.

I certainly hope others 65 and older don't avoid getting vaccinated because of the idea that they may grab "slots that would have saved 5 or 6 from dying." If you are eligible and can get a slot, take it. There is no way to know who among us will become infected next and which, if any, will become sick and die. Don't take a chance, get your shot when you can. And, don't gum up the works for those of us who are in the next group behind you.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 01-11-2021, 02:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Do you know for sure that actually did transpire? Are there photos or articles stating that "cronies" of the developer jumped the line?
It happened. I saw them getting the vaccine on a clip ran by PBS News Hour on December 22, while the governor looked on. Not sure it was meant to be favoritism, maybe they were just handy.
Old 01-11-2021, 05:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
Are you seriously defending letting the Developer's cronies skip the line instead of giving the vaccine to, for example, health-care workers or cancer patients?
Probably one of the cronies. sharp to criticize when developers are mentioned without hallo?
Old 01-11-2021, 09:06 PM
Gold member

The good news: APPARENTLY the Health Department has heard our frustrated voices and is finally instituting a system for one-time, on-line, registration for the vaccine. That is, the Health Department, apparently will no longer require tens of thousands of us to race to register each time a new vaccine supply becomes available and instead will contact the registrants for appointments. It also appears that there are no plans for first-arrived/first-served distribution sites, with the resulting huge lines.

The bad news: The debacles in vaccine distribution continue! Today, the Daily Sun published an incorrect URL for the website to register for COVID-19 vaccine. However, buried on the home page of the Sumter County Sheriff's Office is the following announcement: “In an effort to keep our phone lines open we are asking that you visit the link to make an appointment or to get information regarding this event Safe Restart “ {That is the correct URL for the website.}

Click on that link to register for an appointment for COVID vaccine. What happens after you get registered is far from clear, and I am not sure about the security of the website-- to which you will be loading sensitive information.

Four tips based on my experience getting registered:
>When you click on the link, have your insurance card(s) handy.
>If you are not computer literate, get somebody knowledgeable to help you register. You will need to know how to include a picture of your insurance card in your application. Even then, you will have to use your imagination in filling out the insurance portion of the data.
>Don't expect a coherent explanation of the inoculation plan.
>You WILL get an emailed confirmation that you are registered.

I hope you find this information helpful. Time will tell how the new system will work, but the typo in today's Daily Sun may be an omen. I hope it isn't and that the vaccination system is getting on track.

Last edited by Advogado; 01-11-2021 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-11-2021, 10:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
The good news: APPARENTLY the Health Department has heard our frustrated voices and is finally instituting a system for one-time, on-line, registration for the vaccine. That is, the Health Department, apparently will no longer require tens of thousands of us to race to register each time a new vaccine supply becomes available and instead will contact the registrants for appointments. It also appears that there are no plans for first-arrived/first-served distribution sites, with the resulting huge lines.

The bad news: The debacles in vaccine distribution continue! Today, the Daily Sun published an incorrect URL for the website to register for COVID-19 vaccine. However, buried on the home page of the Sumter County Sheriff's Office is the following announcement: “In an effort to keep our phone lines open we are asking that you visit the link to make an appointment or to get information regarding this event Safe Restart “ {That is the correct URL for the website.}

Click on that link to register for an appointment for COVID vaccine. What happens after you get registered is far from clear, and I am not sure about the security of the website-- to which you will be loading sensitive information.

>If you are not computer literate, get somebody knowledgeable to help you register. You will need to know how to include a picture of your insurance card in your application. Even then, you will have to use your imagination in filling out the insurance portion of the data.

I hope you find this information helpful. Time will tell how the new system will work, but the typo in today's Daily Sun may be an omen.
An omen.
Old 01-11-2021, 10:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,688 Times in 5,234 Posts

Quote:

I hope you find this information helpful. Time will tell how the new system will work, but the typo in today's Daily Sun may be an omen.
Ok, I registered. You need to provide your SSN and a photo of your insurance card.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:32 AM
Gold member

Apparently the County Health Department got calls from a lot of people concerned about the legitimacy of a website that requires your Social Security Number in order for you to make an appointment for vaccination. Consequently, the Health Department has now confirmed the legitimacy of the website but does not explain why we have to enter our Social Security Number to register to make an appointment. | Florida Department of Health in Sumter

BTW, I registered-- figuring that risking my Social Security Number is better than risking my health.
Old 01-12-2021, 04:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Apparently the County Health Department got calls from a lot of people concerned about the legitimacy of a website that requires your Social Security Number in order for you to make an appointment for vaccination. Consequently, the Health Department has now confirmed the legitimacy of the website but does not explain why we have to enter our Social Security Number to register to make an appointment. | Florida Department of Health in Sumter

BTW, I registered-- figuring that risking my Social Security Number is better than risking my health.
I called the local health department yesterday, before I applied to register on the site for the vaccination. I was told that The Sumter County Department of Health DOES NOT require a SS# to get a vaccination. I was told by the rep to enter all zeros in the field that asks for SS#. I also did NOT enter any insurance information. I put NO in that field. That is what I did and I received an email saying my application was successful. I'm now waiting for a second code to register for an appointment.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:51 AM

The CDC has just gone to the Florida approach to vaccines. 65 and older first.......of course if you are an important member of congress regardless of age, you get yours whenever you want it. Term limits
Old 01-13-2021, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Have any of you who applied for the vaccine on the Safe Restart website and entered all zeros in the SS# field and "NO" for the insurance information been notified by them to make an appointment? I'm wondering if holding back that information they request actually is OK even though they did send me an email stating my application was successful and I will be notified to make an appointment.

I'm hearing about people who applied after I did and they either already got their vaccine or they already have been able to make an appointment with the Safe Restart website.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
If you are in Chemo, vaccine is not recommended. So you can take them off your list, along with anyone taking a thinner. That’s thousands that will not be vaccinated. I am all waiting until I don’t have to jump through hoops to get 2 injection.

Still after you get vaccinated you will be still wearing masks, and social distance, for an unknown amount of months. Maybe you will never be without a mask.

After my other half went back to work, exposed 50 to 60 hours a week, will not be taking the vaccine at all. As is more healthcare workers than you realize.
People with blood thinners are not excluded . Check with your health dept.
Closed Thread

Tags
health, department, county, vaccine, vaccination

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.