Historical Perspective on our American wars

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2021, 11:39 AM
Default War?

Why is it always a war? Why do we Americans always have to wage War?

We go to wars, we start wars, we sometimes finish wars, we always seem to have to wage war.

We’ve had a War on Drugs, a War on Crime, a War against Poverty, a War on Racial Injustice, a War against Communism, a 20+ year War on Terrorism, and now a War against COVID? And, we have thousands of monuments to War.

Sheesh, I’d just like to see our one monument to Peace. Does anyone know where that is?
Old 03-08-2021, 12:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaccallum View Post
Why is it always a war? Why do we Americans always have to wage War?

We go to wars, we start wars, we sometimes finish wars, we always seem to have to wage war.

We’ve had a War on Drugs, a War on Crime, a War against Poverty, a War on Racial Injustice, a War against Communism, a 20+ year War on Terrorism, and now a War against COVID? And, we have thousands of monuments to War.

Sheesh, I’d just like to see our one monument to Peace. Does anyone know where that is?
Your post is confusing. You speak of Americans waging war, but look for a "peace" monument. There would be NO peace monuments if we did not have war or hatred in our world or country.

One of my personal favorites in Washington was where I took many a walk at lunch..

Peace Monument - This statue stands as a memorial to the Union naval deaths at sea during the Civil War. | DC Historic Sites

But many others throughout the world, with the aim of reminding us of what the meaning of peace really is.

If you want a peace memorial that is not inspired by the hate and agony of war, look to your heart.
Old 03-09-2021, 08:21 AM

Assuming one believes the COVID-19 number. Every reporting entity has backtracked their numbers. Some multiple times. Also consider that apparently, flu death are non-existent.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:56 PM

Great post. The Covid deaths reported by the CDC are ridiculous. When the reported deaths were @ 230,000, the CDC reported that the real number of deaths strictly from Covid (not counting contributing conditions like cancer, heart disease, stroke, obesity, respiratory issues, rmetc.) were only 7000! So much for a half million deaths!
Old 03-09-2021, 09:36 PM
Thanked 1,119 Times in 246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidgroupx View Post
Interesting perspective.

Total US deaths during WW1 = 116,516
Total US deaths during WW2 = 405,399
Total US deaths for both wars = 521,915

US total costs of WW2 alone in 2019 dollars = $4.1 trillion.

Did we win the war and recover from that enormous national debt? You betcha.
How? We made the necessary sacrifices and came together with unity as a nation.

We're at war with COVID-19
The total US deaths from COVID-19 = 523,000 to date. That already exceeds WW2.
Will we win the war? Will our national debt be unsurmountable?
Only if we don't make the necessary sacrifices, and come together with unity as a nation.
Ridiculous comparison. Covid is an overblown, media-hyped tempest in a teapot. Unproven statistics, "experts" with opposing views, fear-driven behaviors, little proven science, a genetic-engineered vaccine rushed into production, an actual COVID survival rate of 99.9+%, and an utter abandonment of critical thinking & investigation. I stand by my previous posts 100%.

“Today a story is not told, it's sold.”
― Amit Abraham

David H. Dallas
Village of Bradford
Old 03-09-2021, 09:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdallas View Post
Ridiculous comparison. Covid is an overblown, media-hyped tempest in a teapot. Unproven statistics, "experts" with opposing views, fear-driven behaviors, little proven science, a genetic-engineered vaccine rushed into production, an actual COVID survival rate of 99.9+%, and an utter abandonment of critical thinking & investigation. I stand by my previous posts 100%.

“Today a story is not told, it's sold.”
― Amit Abraham

David H. Dallas
Village of Bradford
You are claiming the states and the CDC cannot count dead bodies accurately and there were not 500,000+ more deaths in 2020 than in 2021?

You believe that there is some conspiracy that has been able to fool every country in the world?

And where in the world do you get the numbers that show a 99.9% survival rate? (I've asked this or a similar question four times now...still waiting for any answer)

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Closed Thread

Tags
total, deaths, war, ww2, win

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.